It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused of Racism For Mentioning the 'I' word

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
TBH I need some sympathy
All I did was mention that there seemed to be a disproportionately large contingent of foreign innocents in the central part of town on an infrequent visit I made to town yesterday .

Suddenly they were like " you can't say that , it's racist !"

So I was like WTF? I is no racist and you know it! ? (I have got a long history of being the opposite of a bigot or a racist) . I was just making a point of fact that were a surprisingly large number of innocents there , just way more than there used to be. No hate involved -whatsoever

And then it was , "there you go again, you effing racist!" And they were triggering big time . The time they'd heard twice they wouldn't listen to anything I said . It just got worse as I wasnt just going to take that , it s a serious accusation

I folded and walked away I am gutted . I'm thinking they've been brainwashed, pretty thoroughly . The I word is a trigger word , triggered sjw is almost definitely a thing . And the I word in any context triggers them

I am NO racist I can promise you that , could have proved that to my accusers, and they should know it anyway . They were having none of it , because,
I'd said the I word . I had quantified the I word, even worse . And now I'm Dr.Evil for even having a point of view which was purely observational.
I'm thinking I should give up political comment entirely, just never say anything about the state of the world again to anybody . Just go with the vacuous into the vacuum cleaner . I feel dirty , and like my brain has been rubbed with a grater . I wouldnt advise using that word , ever . its a trigger for hatred and I fell foul of it yesterday . I'm now a nervous wreck , and honestly I did not stick my neck out for further punishment , but by God was that being prepared . Its frightening

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Do you mean 'immigrants'?

If they were people you were with accusing you of racism - friends/acquaintances - you need to dump them and fast. They are radicals. If it was your family then you have a tougher situation. Probably best to tell them never to call you that again or you will dump them too.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

All I did was mention that there seemed to be a disproportionately large contingent of foreign innocents in the central part of town on an infrequent visit I made to town yesterday .

Suddenly they were like " you can't say that , it's racist !"

You're not supposed to show sympathy, you're supposed to be hateful, like them. Accusations from haters to derail your sentiment into something hateful.

Don't trip, don't waste your time on these cretins, they aren't your friends.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 1-10-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
TBH I need some sympathy

Well you have my sympathy. I know how frustrating and annoying it is to be called a racist without a real reason. The "racist-card" gets played so easily these days...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You were quick to get the universal message that is the commandment these days. It is the devolving of the "I" experience. I've been amazed in some respects but not surprised as I have said time after time on ATS that is where our thinking is going.

That banishing of the existence of the "I" is where you no longer are a personage, no longer an individual different from others. In thought, you no longer are a physical being except in the crudest sense to the extent that you must be exempt from thinking about yourself or otherselves as such. You are nothing more than a shared consciousness with everybody else and removed from the self-limiting world that your senses have provided so far in your life. You are being forced to evolve into another plane of existence beyond sense data and materialism. Good luck to us all.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

That it does , and it means a lot that you guys understand . Thanksyou

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Innocents? What is this Charmed? Protect the innocents by destroying the demons. No I forgot not destroying them...vanquishing them. Who are you taking about when you say foreign innocents?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Gonna assume you meant immigrants.
There tends to be that in any city on earth because cities are where jobs are at and where immigrants can perhaps pick up something a bit easier than in the burbs

I wouldn't thing such a comment is racist..perhaps a bit ignorant (not a bad word). I would (if you can control time and go back) have asked something like "I wonder what big city centers or whatever parts you were at attracts soo many immigrants...this would force them to actually consider a answer instead of kneejerk reaction think there was some underlying racial thing going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Well, now you know just how influential the MSM have been with instilling everyone with ridiculous super sensitivity to everything. Careful, it's hard to guess what the next super sensitive wording will be. Innocents, I guess, was considered sarcastic. Your friends are apparently easily influenced, by the wrong people. Best be careful who you choose as friends these days.

Not sarcastic. Just a play on words to emphasise the manufactured division, I think.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Perhaps it had more to do with tone than language. What, exactly, did you say and how did you say it?
edit on 1-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

edit on 1-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I'm British, I stopped noticing decades ago.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The I word . Its a hot potato . I'm not handling it again

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

You know Damn well what he means Silly...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Immigrants is racist.. wtf..!?

We just call them foreigners here.. no one seems to care.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Made me chuckle, that is not racism or even xenophobia you have merely made an observation.

Here is a tale, Southport a town near to were I live in the north west of England.

It used to be a vibrant town then started going down hill as the economy weakened, it's once enviable high street shrank and there are now many empty shop's.

We only really started to feel the presence of Europe as the migrant's made for our rural job's and this is an area that with the post industrial state of the country has a very important rural/agricultural employment sector, this in turn increased the presence of the foreigners in Southport BUT this actually boosted the local economy as they of course have to spend some of there wages even if the bulk in many cases is sent back home, not as busy as it used to be but it must have helped.

Good thing's foreigners have brought we are now likely to lose, foreign market's, new blood etc.

Bad thing's, often they bring there prejudices with them.

Here is a tale I know is true because I heard it from a pole myself whom was equally disgusted.

There was a polish shop in Southport that had been opened by an enterprising polish migrant to cater to the many polish that worked and lived in the area, now whether it was him or one of his employee's I don't know but someone put a sign up saying NO ENGLISH, this may simply have meant they did not understand English so could not speak it? but it matched the old sign's that would one time be found around England back when landlady's and landlords of guest houses etc would put signs up saying NO IRISH (Because of religious discrimination more than racism and mainly those were protestant owned guest houses eventually the practice was both outlawed and society became disgusted with those that did this).

But whatever the reason for the sign and old WW2 Veteran came by and lost his temper, the old man was so angry he was almost frothing at the mouth and demanded the police come out, the sign was removed and it never made it into the local newspapers but I heard about it like I say from one of the local Polish community.

To be fair Southport does have a shoplifting problem and actually most of those are home grown so, but either way it was insulting and wrong.

I am a large guy and most of the polish are actually quite big lad's compared to the local's in southport whom seem to average about 5'6" whenever I go into the town of a day.

One day I am walking down the street and an older gentleman with his presumed wife look's with a scowl and mutters "Bloody foreigners" which made me a little bit insulted so I coughed and gruffly spoke as I passed right next to him under my breath but not looking directly at the old fellow "Or I might be British", it was humorous seeing the look of embarrassment on the old fellow's face but to be fair I understand him, the world has changed far too fast for some folk's.

I never had a problem with European migrant's except from three country's which have a reputation or exporting shoplifters and vagabond's but we have seen the EU open borders cause all kind's of NEW organized crimes', people smuggling and sex trade slavery among them.

We also have a growing problem with Domestic servitude slavery among our Asian population and slavery among our Gypsy population which have come to light in the last few years, before the open borders these thing's were unheard of in the UK, likely they still happened but not on the scale they do today.

So you just made an observation and that is NOT racism, ignore the twerp's and keep your own council.

We are all human being's at the end of the day but hey my house is my house and your house is your house, if someone comes in to our home it is nice if they wipe there feet and act cordially but that is not the case with open borders in Europe these day's and has definitely contributed to the UK vote to get out of the EU club though the Tory's seem set on using it to drive there own agenda not that of the electorate.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is not a troll thread . I just felt awful at having been accused of something I don't stand for myself . I feel a bit better now . As finspiracy said , they bandy round the race card as if its nothing nowadays

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Depends how you said it. And what the context was.

If you sounded disgusted when you said 'Look at all the immigrants!' then that's very different to observing casually: 'There seem to be a lot of immigrants in this area.'

Although making the assumption that all people with brown skin must therefore be immigrants is itself slightly racist. Some might have been multi-generational locals, some might have been holidaymakers, you just don't know.

I would guess from your companions strong response that they probably read disgust in your voice when you said it, and that's what they responded to more than the word itself.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yes, yes you have been brain washed. Probably started in school, MTV and Hollywood finished the job. When I'm called racist it means nothing to me. It's a ignorant reaction from the left! Im a realist a reply to: GeneralMayhem

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem

The I word . Its a hot potato . I'm not handling it again

And that's the whole intent.

If you can't use a word, then you aren't free to express the ideas connected to it. By making such words so emotionally charged like they have, they seek to push people into not even using the word to express ideas.

How do you talk about immigrants if you aren't willing to even use the word thanks to the emotionally primed attack dogs?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join