It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I have been seeing references to entire high school teams kneeling through the Star Spangled Banner in an emulation of what is happening in the NFL.

I would be interested in where?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: butcherguy

I have been seeing references to entire high school teams kneeling through the Star Spangled Banner in an emulation of what is happening in the NFL.

I would be interested in where?

Garfield High School in Seattle.
8 and under team in Cahokia.

A group of third-graders on the Cahokia Quarterback Club football team collectively decided to take a knee during their pre-game national anthem on Sunday. The team, which consists of players eight years old and younger, took the sitting stand after their coach enlightened them about Kaepernick’s protest.

Ebony.com
The NAACP chapter in Jackson, MS has asked local HS and college teams to take a knee:

The Jackson chapter of the NAACP plans to ask local high school and college football players to take a knee at their next game, leaders said Tuesday.

wdsu.com
Here is a report of another High School from the Sh reveport Times.
Madison, Wisconsin
C amden, NJ
Watkins Mill, MD
Maine
San Francisco- Mission HS
Cincinatti, OH
Seems to be widespread and the list goes on...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It is not rare in anyway that police are under qualified, poorly trained, and out of shape by majority to be first responders.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I would not say wide spread or spreading. We both know every instance will be highlighted greatly and as I said there are 1000s of games per week and the 1000s of games that do stand in respect are not highlighted. The bottom line is they can also burn the flag if they so desire. If the parents/schools/team agree go at it. It is still far from the norm...

Even if they highlighted 50 games per week that would be about 1%...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: seasonal

My guess it's due to the traumatic brain injury from repeated tackles. Just ask the former players that are in litigation. It's just like tobacco and cancer, eventually they won't be able to keep the lid on and it will become the next major topic and lead to the end of the NFL. At least with the barbaric tackling that is.

There's plenty of conjecture and evidence to show that the NFL has known for a long time that these injuries were a big problem, and buried it at every corner as best they could.

tl;dr

One possible reason for the decline in NFL viewership is that several grown assed men jumping on top of another man is NOT GOOD for the continued, and future proper functioning of the human body.

this i find hilarious. as a kid in elementary school in the 80's we knew about the dangers of football. this was common knowledge to 2nd graders and onward. seems everyone has forgotten about the dumb jock stigma aswell that was always hanging around football players and we all knew it was from brain trauma smashing each others heads all day long. it wasnt some hidden unknown thing, it was quite frankly common knowledge among the parents and the kids. if u want to know what changed it was when you started being able to play the victim card and get paid out vast sums of money for playing ignorant

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
a reply to: butcherguy

I would not say wide spread or spreading. We both know every instance will be highlighted greatly and as I said there are 1000s of games per week and the 1000s of games that do stand in respect are not highlighted. The bottom line is they can also burn the flag if they so desire. If the parents/schools/team agree go at it. It is still far from the norm...

Even if they highlighted 50 games per week that would be about 1%...

I agree.
I used the word widespread to mean nonlocalized, as from coast to coast.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Good, screw the NFL and all other corporations. If only we could get everyone to boycott all of them and only support small and medium businesses maybe we'd have a chance to save America.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Good, screw the NFL and all other corporations. If only we could get everyone to boycott all of them and only support small and medium businesses maybe we'd have a chance to save America.

I agree with you.
The biggest reason that I stopped watching them last year was when I saw how much money they are taking in and that they get help from the taxpayers.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join