It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they have deal with Trump on young immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, I think we just had it wrong all along. We all thought he was saying drain the swamp, when he was actually saying claim the swamp.

My sister sounds a lot like your former employee lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So Trump is coming out today and denying the deal.

That can mean only one thing. There WAS a deal and we got screwed.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... utm_term=.b320aa4e4ccc

“As a matter of fact, to give Trump some due, he hasn’t ended DACA yet,” Carter said. “What he said is he’s given the Congress six months to address the issue, which is long overdue.”

Is that an actual dem who understands civics? And one who actually WON an election?

“I don’t see that as a hopeless cause,” Carter said, and he added that Trump’s critics, including himself, “have to give him credit when he does some things that are not as bad” as they are depicted.

Carter reminded students that Obama, whom Carter supported, failed to win passage for the Dream Act — named for the sometimes sympathetic stories of the young immigrants — even when Obama had Democratic majorities on Capitol Hill.

Guess we will see if this former leader has any credibility within his party.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No one is perfect, but Jimmy Carter is a good man who was a decent President.

Both parties turned on him in 1980, but he remains one of the most intelligent men to ever sit in the Office, in my opinion.

He has done more good in the world than many.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That is why I posted this.....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

Interesting the contrast in perception.

Goodnight underp___ts.

In the interest of fairness, how about you show some positive statements Trump has made about illegal immigration. And how he cares about them.

I mean, there has to be some if what you're saying is true, right?

So he has to say positive things in order for him NOT to base his decision on disdain? He can't be neutral?

But since you asked, Donald Trump must've heard our conversation because I woke up to this.

Or is this not good enough? He must be lying because humans aren't capable of growth and change, he must feel the same way he did 40 years ago before he ever thought about running for president, because he's just an evil douchebag with not a single good bone in his body, amiright?

edit on 14-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

(post by face23785 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So this is what it is all about....

Trump is pulling crap against the Democrats to get them to come to the table, since the Republicans won't.

Im not as surprised as I should be, given that he is the epitome of the term "RINO".

And I'd say this was truly interesting, if i didn't think it was all contrived to begin with.

So ill settle for entertaining. Not on the Ted Cruz level, mind you. But entertaining, nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Carters legacy likely would have been much better had Bush Sr not run the October Surprise on him.

There's something to be said about putting an award winning actor on your ticket to be the face for your dirty backroom, CIA dealings.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

That is why I posted this.....

Yep. I was agreeing with you. Rare, I know.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Carters legacy likely would have been much better had Bush Sr not run the October Surprise on him.

There's something to be said about putting an award winning actor on your ticket to be the face for your dirty backroom, CIA dealings.

Undoubtedly, not only that, the shadier side of the Dems was on full display as well.

It's like there's really not two parties after all, behind the scenes.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You know what Trump needs to do with this. agree to let the 800,000 stay BUT in exchange he gets th efull funding for his wall to prevent any more from coming in.

Republican base would not 100 percent like it but the majority would accept it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The problem needs to be fixed. Obama's solution should have been TEMPORARY at best.

The Congress needs to do its job. Win, lose or draw for the dreamers.

This is the first politically astute thing Trump has done in my opinion; I can't help but see General Kelly's hand in it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Obama's "plan" was always temporary.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama's "plan" was always temporary.

Yes, it has so much more significance when you repeat it with slightly different emphasis.

edit on 14-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The problem needs to be fixed. Obama's solution should have been TEMPORARY at best. The Congress needs to do its job. Win, lose or draw for the dreamers.

I agree with this completely.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The problem needs to be fixed. Obama's solution should have been TEMPORARY at best. The Congress needs to do its job. Win, lose or draw for the dreamers.

we are on a roll today
I agree with you!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If i squint REALLY hard, you look like a libertarian.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If i squint REALLY hard, you look like a libertarian.

I don't fit into any category; if I did, I'd change.

But thanks, from you, I'll take that as a complement.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

Interesting the contrast in perception.

Goodnight underp___ts.

In the interest of fairness, how about you show some positive statements Trump has made about illegal immigration. And how he cares about them.

I mean, there has to be some if what you're saying is true, right?

So he has to say positive things in order for him NOT to base his decision on disdain? He can't be neutral?

But since you asked, Donald Trump must've heard our conversation because I woke up to this.

Or is this not good enough? He must be lying because humans aren't capable of growth and change, he must feel the same way he did 40 years ago before he ever thought about running for president, because he's just an evil douchebag with not a single good bone in his body, amiright?

It's too little, way too late. And no amount of right wing mental gymnastics will change that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join