It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they have deal with Trump on young immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

Know what how? That his decisions aren't based on disdain? It's pretty obvious to anyone living outside of liberal land. Unless you're arguing the contrary, that he did indeed make his decision based on his disdain?

His own statements directly contradict your assumptions about him. So, tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself believe what you do.

That's kind of funny to me, and is the exact blind belief in a benevolent Donald Trump that I'm talking about.

Thank you for making my point apparent.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
How do all of you Republicans feel about finally voting Democrat?

I never thought that Nancy and Charles would willingly help President Trump become a two-term President, but apparently they're wiser than I gave them credit for.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I never thought that Nancy and Charles would willingly help President Trump become a two-term President, but apparently they're wiser than I gave them credit for.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ok, I've done some short-term thinking on this and I have one major question.

Why did Trump give Congress 6 months to fix it and then work to make a deal with the Democrats so quickly?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

And exactly what statement did he make? Unless he said "I hate immigrants and this is why I'm booting them home", I must have missed it.

Guess what is just as funny? The blind belief of a malevolent Donald Trump. Different side of the same coin, but sure keep pretending like you don't know that.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

If Trump circumvents the paralyzed Republicans on Tax Cuts, he's a shoe-in for reelection.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Ok, I've done some short-term thinking on this and I have one major question.

Why did Trump give Congress 6 months to fix it and then work to make a deal with the Democrats so quickly?

Because President Trump comes from the business world. He's not used to dithering. The Republicans were setting up timetables for meetings to discuss DACA...after their next vacation. That's bullchit. This isn't hard. Especially since Trump had already said back in February that the "Dreamers" could stay. He just wants to get it off the table, and move on. What a great President!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And exactly what statement did he make? Unless he said "I hate immigrants and this is why I'm booting them home", I must have missed it.

Guess what is just as funny? The blind belief of a malevolent Donald Trump. Different side of the same coin, but sure keep pretending like you don't know that.

Don't be obtuse. It would be redundant and off-topic for me to go linking every anti-immigrant comment Donald Trump has made, even if I just started in 2012 and ignored everything he said in the 1980's and 1990's.

Your selective belief is your problem, and that doesn't reflect on anyone else but you. I'm going to continue to judge Trump by his own statements and not fall victim to the mental gymnastics it takes to assume he's someone other than he is.

If you want to believe that line of BS, have at it. His views on immigration are well known and documented.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

On the one hand, it feels right to grant these kids citizenship because it wasn't their fault that their parents brought them here illegally.

They aren't being granted citizenship. They are being allowed to remain and work in the country legally without fear of being deported. That's the idea anyway.

Perhaps, just maybe, they will be provided with a means to obtain citizenship. Because right now, they have none.

edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Interesting the contrast in perception.

Goodnight underp___ts.

edit on 14-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If Trump circumvents the paralyzed Republicans on Tax Cuts, he's a shoe-in for reelection.

Damn the budget?
Cool. Bring on single payer!

Keep writing those checks!

Army, a check for you!
Navy, a check for you!
Health care, a check for you!

Everybody gets a check and everybody gets a tax refund! Yeah!

edit on 9/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

over 40k greencards to daca people and over 1000 granted citizenship
quite a bit more than "none"

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Not a Trump guy. Not a democrat. This makes sense though. Its a rational compromise and an interesting side step maneuvre.

But Trumps still a nazi right? Ok good.

edit on 14-9-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

over 1000 granted citizenship

Source?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Interesting the contrast in perception.

Goodnight underp___ts.

In the interest of fairness, how about you show some positive statements Trump has made about illegal immigration. And how he cares about them.

I mean, there has to be some if what you're saying is true, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

The data released by Grassley, gathered from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), showed that through Aug. 21, 45,447 DACA recipients had been approved for travel overseas through advance parole. Separately, 59,778 DACA recipients had applied for green-card status — and 39,514 had been approved. Of the people who had received green cards, 1,056 had become U.S. citizens.

not so much of your "none"

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Cool. It worked.
I stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

hopefully congress will make changes to the immigration laws so others here can obtain citizenship
imo they should still have to get in line like others have

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Is it a single file line?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

imo it should be the same line others have used to obtain citizenship
there is no doubt our immigration system needs an overhaul, but that does not devalue being an american citizen; if they dont obey our laws why should they be here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join