It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats say they have deal with Trump on young immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There's going to be a lot more Mexicans given amnesty for working to clean up that hurricane mess and rebuild.

A green card fiesta....fast track.

haz de América de nuevo genial
edit on 13-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

You obviously missed my thread when I (as a Trump supporter) was for a type of amnesty.

Who knows, maybe Trump reads my threads.

If there aren't a lot of pictures in it, I doubt he'd pay it any attention. (Trump, if you're reading this, I mean everything I've ever said about you.)

I don't see amnesty as being very popular among his base. It definitely wasn't part of the platform he ran on.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler

How do all of you Republicans feel about finally voting Democrat?

He is not Democrat. Working with them doesn't make him one.

How do all of you democrats feel about calling trump hitler, a klansmen and all other sorts of horrible things and now to be working with him?

Its worth it to see people on the right squirm. As it is every time Trump does something that makes his base wonder who they voted for.

I dont know of one Republican , outside of Congress , that has objected
Did they object when Presidents worked with Teddy across the aisle? Nope
So , who is "squirming" other than the worms that take every opportunity to knock the right ?

You don't know of one right winger other than Congress who objected to, what? DACA? You must have not been on ATS in the last few months.

I like the comments page on the article.

"He will be one term if no wall is built and if daca gets reformed."

Ggaspard412LeaderRaiders A C D C48955m
lets get this straight, I voted for him to build the wall, to end immigration reform and to get rid of all the illegals no matter the age! laws need to be upheld our vets need jobs and better healthcare

MajorWolfgangHochstetterGgaspard41254m
I voted for him to "Lock Her Up!"

And Trump has officially caved on the wall that got him elected.

ObsidiansourceLeaderRussell Deuel58m
You are fooling yourself. We elected Trump because we don't like liberals

Well, I guess there was one in there. The rest was the usual righty talking points.
edit on 13-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't have a problem disagreeing with someone I voted for.

I mean, really. the only person I'm going to agree 100% with is me.

I'm not someone who obeys what some political figure spouts. But I see that some may have a hard time understanding that.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No DB, you're not allowed to do that.

You must agree with everything Trump does.

...or else.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

This is the way Government used to work.

Reagan did it all the time and so did Clinton.

I personally am happy things are getting done, but I am not a Republican so I guess it wouldn't bother me.
edit on 2017/9/13 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Incorrect! You are not happy. You are mad!

You are not allowed to adapt or be flexible!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Incorrect! You are not happy. You are mad!

You are not allowed to adapt or be flexible!

That's been the narrative up until now.

Maybe I missed the super-secret RNC email that told everyone on the right its ok to do what liberals want now.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Same with the Bush and Obama administration. Bi-Partisanship is normal.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think the misunderstanding is this notion that Trump hates immigrants and just wants to boot them home. I know that's the narrative in Liberal Land though.

edit on 13-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I think the misunderstanding is this notion that Trump hates immigrants and wants to just boot them home. I know that's the narrative in Liberal Land though.

That's not the narrative anywhere, that's the platform he ran on.

Everyone illegally here, gets thrown out. People have been cheering it right here on ATS since last year.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Obeying the law now means he hates immigrants?

"Illegally"

I bet you think his Wall means he hates Mexicans, and his travel ban means he hates Muslims. Also narratives in Liberal Land.

edit on 13-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I wonder if the deal included unlimited shots at Hillary? Judging by his tweeting tonight, it just may have

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

"Illegally"

I bet you think his Wall means he hates Mexicans, and his travel ban means he hates Muslims. Also narratives in Liberal Land.

Yes, illegally. Like all the DACA people.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Did you miss the OP?

The point I'm trying to make is his decisions aren't based on his disdain for immigrants (like the narrative from liberal land would have you believe). That's why he's able to adapt and be flexible.

More interesting that many of you expected a different reaction from his supporters.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Did you miss the OP?

The point I'm trying to make is his decisions aren't based on his disdain for immigrants (like the narrative from liberal land would have you believe). That's why he's able to adapt and be flexible.

More interesting that many of you expected a different reaction from his supporters.

And you know that how? You're really going to argue (I assume with a straight face) he has no disdain for immigrants?

Why wouldn't I expect the reaction I do from his supporters? This thread is the only place on the internet I've seen his supporters happy about it.

And that in itself is curious..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

"Illegally"

Yes, illegally. Like all the DACA people.

I've been researching immigration to other countries recently and looking for jobs overseas.

On the one hand, it feels right to grant these kids citizenship because it wasn't their fault that their parents brought them here illegally.

On the other hand, I'm now experiencing how seriously other countries take their immigration laws. These other countries would not grant my kids citizenship if I moved there illegally and worked there illegally. It's just another instance of America "doing the right thing" and being taken advantage of for it.

I think most people on the right are just tired of America constantly being taken advantage of and want it to stop.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What is/was stopping these poor victims from getting in line for citizenship like everyone else has?
If the want it so badly and are so deserving what is wrong with following the law?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Know what how? That his decisions aren't based on disdain? It's pretty obvious to anyone living outside of liberal land. Unless you're arguing the contrary, that he did indeed make his decision based on his disdain?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

He's just an opportunist that's realized his base isn't big enough to win another election.

What cracks me up is all the people claiming to be libertarians that advocate for a closed border and billions of dollars in public funds to build a wall.

Read a damn book. lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join