It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just got lucky as a real KILL SHOT just errupted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
Your odds are pretty good.
There is an average of 11.8 such earthquakes each month.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm a high roller, when I predict quakes I go for 8.8's or 9.1's, or awesome number combos.

Like this prediction:
In 2077, there will be a 7.7 on July 7th at 7am.
Location - Seven Hills of Rome

Prophecy contained in: The film 'Seven'.
Secret hidden so far by: The Seven Society
Read that Wiki and you'll start to get it, it's all so clear and crisp.

They're gonna be so pissed I revealed this one.
But you're worth it Phage.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

If you're going to go...go big.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yuge, I go Yuge

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Yes, actually, lets move some people to Mars.

But only when we can go there and back within weeks not months, only when we develop active shielding which protects craft and crews from radiation from the Sun, only when we have the technology necessary to create shielded areas on Mars to protect pioneers from the dangers of life on a planet with a paper thin atmosphere.

Lets make it something other than a long, drawn out suicide mission.

The need for multi-planetary population will never go away. Its feasibility will only improve as time passes, unless we push the nuclear button and microwave our entire species of course, which would render the entire question somewhat moot.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The sun spot that sent the 9.3 X-flare to earth last week has just released a X-10 or larger flare towards Mars which will miss earth; lucky us . Sorry for those who can not view the video for the blast was very impressive.
youtu.be...

How was it a killshot, everything I could find on it says it was an X 8.2.?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: scubagravy

Yes, actually, lets move some people to Mars.

But only when we can go there and back within weeks not months, only when we develop active shielding which protects craft and crews from radiation from the Sun, only when we have the technology necessary to create shielded areas on Mars to protect pioneers from the dangers of life on a planet with a paper thin atmosphere.

Lets make it something other than a long, drawn out suicide mission.

The need for multi-planetary population will never go away. Its feasibility will only improve as time passes, unless we push the nuclear button and microwave our entire species of course, which would render the entire question somewhat moot.

I, myself, am waiting for teleportation.

Neither will happen in my lifetime, but if we can design an approach and set the seed, then by all means.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog

The 8.2 happened a few days before. This solar flare while being said it was at least an X-10 is really an unknown for it could have been as big as an X-40 something... With the direction it blew they can not tell.
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: 727Sky

Alternatively, you could build faraday cages around electrical items but whilst this would obviously work it seems remarkbly labour intensive.

If those electrical items are mains powered, is a faraday cage going to help for that specific use when the device is still connected to an enormous external antenna - ie, the mains wiring?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

With the direction it blew they can not tell.
If that's what they are telling you in that video they don't know what they are talking about. A flare is rated by the level of soft x-ray flux. CMEs are directional, X-rays are not. If we can see the flare, we can measure it.

It was a X8.2. and it is the flare (and related CME) they are talking about. You can see the date on the coronagraph image.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Since the CME was directed well below the ecliptic and Mars is well to the other side of the Sun, it's probably not going to have much effect on Mars, either.

If that was a "kill shot", what was this?

edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join