It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just got lucky as a real KILL SHOT just errupted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The sun spot that sent the 9.3 X-flare to earth last week has just released a X-10 or larger flare towards Mars which will miss earth; lucky us . Sorry for those who can not view the video for the blast was very impressive.
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hope those little green men stocked up on cans of beans.

We got lucky-Mars has little or no magnetosphere so that would be lethal to any creature walking upon it's surface, and this flare is another reason not to rush the efforts into a mission to Mars before the wrinkles are ironed out.

Hmm...Red planet, roasted little green men, cheesy looking plains...Now I want a margarita pizza.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I hope those little green men stocked up on cans of beans.

We got lucky-Mars has little or no magnetosphere so that would be lethal to any creature walking upon it's surface, and this flare is another reason not to rush the efforts into a mission to Mars before the wrinkles are ironed out.

Hmm...Red planet, roasted little green men, cheesy looking plains...Now I want a margarita pizza.

YAY lets move there !!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The rush is to get humans in more places than the earth. So that one killshot doesn't destroy the entire human race. It isn't to move the entire population to Mars. From Mars the belt mining and then moons of further planets.

Probably subterranean.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The rush is to get humans in more places than the earth. So that one killshot doesn't destroy the entire human race. It isn't to move the entire population to Mars. From Mars the belt mining and then moons of further planets.

Probably subterranean.

Yep...What gets me is this is real.. Not second hand info... Yet the people in the governments of Earth seem to stick their heads in the sand and pretend it will not happen here. For those who pay attention to such things there are estimates that a very large percentage of the earth's population will be dead within a year due to no electricity and infrastructure collapse.

In Asia and other parts of the third world many will do just fine because electricity is still a luxury IMO.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

For a bit of perspective, the largest solar flare recorded in the space age era was an x28 on 6/11/2003.

The Carrington Event (1859) has been estimated at an x49.

The Carrington Event caused telegraph operators to receive electric shocks and also caused telegraph poles to spark and catch on fire.

How do you prevent this damage from occuring in future? The simplest solution is to simply turn off the power......and then turn on again after the flare has passed.

Alternatively, you could build faraday cages around electrical items but whilst this would obviously work it seems remarkbly labour intensive. Personally, i would simply turn off the power - flares pass the Earth quickly so power outage could be easily kept to a minimum with no long term damage.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Will this have an effect on the rovers on mars?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I wonder what the sunspot is going to be like when it comes around the sun again. It should be back in a couple of weeks I suppose if it doesn't fall apart. We may have a nice show for my birthday on the twenty eighth. That is when I finally am an adult at sixty two years old.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I like Suspicious Observers videos. He is attempting to make a connection and maybe someday what he is saying will be more researched to try to get to a better understanding of things.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The problem is any future martian habitation will require decades of research.

The crew of the Nina,the Pinta etc was susceptible to scurvy and other maladies sixth months into the journey, let alone establishing a colony, so it will take time.

If I was the head of whoever is planning the colonization of Mars (I'm hoping it will be a joint venture) I would check the engines before take off if you smell what I'm cooking.

edit on 11-9-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I wonder if this will kill the rovers and martian sats

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Will this have an effect on the rovers on mars?

My first thought as well.... we are always told oh how dangerous these are if they hit Earth...

What about a rover on a planet with hardly any magnetosphere????

*background noises are heard as scientists scurry to come up with an explanation...*
edit on 11/9/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Our knowledge on the history of Mars is obviously still slightly hazy at this moment, but interesting that Mars is getting the brunt, could it have happened before on a bigger scale? Just saying

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

They have been doing decades of research and simulations. They put colonists in remote volcanic land and every thing.

Yeah some folks are going to die. Same kind of folks who risk there lives as first responders or explorers.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

For a bit of perspective, the largest solar flare recorded in the space age era was an x28 on 6/11/2003.

The Carrington Event (1859) has been estimated at an x49.

The Carrington Event caused telegraph operators to receive electric shocks and also caused telegraph poles to spark and catch on fire.

How do you prevent this damage from occuring in future? The simplest solution is to simply turn off the power......and then turn on again after the flare has passed.

Alternatively, you could build faraday cages around electrical items but whilst this would obviously work it seems remarkbly labour intensive. Personally, i would simply turn off the power - flares pass the Earth quickly so power outage could be easily kept to a minimum with no long term damage.

The British prefer to turn EVERYTHING on ! supposedly to dissipate the electric charge, I hope that works !

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure this was a "kill shot" but it did do something rather scary: solar protons.

Due to the previous event the magnetosphere was a bit out of whack (emphasis on the "h",
) so at the poles the radiation detectors went off. They call those a "ground level event" or GLE. That increased overall radiation by about 6%. They say if you were flying at high altitude you basically doubled your normal exposure.

Read about GLE and the radiation increase on the homepage: spaceweather.com.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Interesting eyes on S.O.H.O

@ times I think there are multiple approaches to colonization, two of which are expanding from one celestial object to another EA*RTH to MARS or colonization of the celestial space ear Stars, planets, moons.
Inhabited Star or Mother ship to Star, planet, moon site(s) of interest.

If you choose to build advanced Star or inter dimensional ships you can colonize the planets and primarily remain on board ship and just build space/environment suits, Avatar like biological or robotic or maybe a combination of both bots, that fit each Star, planet or moon your kind seeks to colonize.

Invest in building large enough craft(s) and advanced suites that can support the colony.
Then beam your consciousness into your avatar suites to survey and evaluate the sites of interest. Your avatar like suites being designed to fit the environment can allow for the colony to explore and even eat from the environment co inhabiting as if native to said site. So an on-board colony can self sustain themselves off board and onsite... The eating technologies of the suites is to upkeep energy of avatar while in various environments.
If on MARS you eat like from MARS if on the Lunar moon you consume minerals or whatever like you are from MOON.

This approach keeps the species or CREATOR Creations Energy Group away from most potential hazards that come with direct exposure colonization of planets and moons. Except for hazards associated with primary space based or deep space existence from radiation etc...
So you stay on board primarily but can go off board onto planets, stars or moons of the space you inhabit or have colonized with avatar/space-environment suits...
If something like the re-charging seen between SOL & MARS in the video was to create hazardous conditions to your kind, you would just collect avatars if needed & move ship(s). Instead of risking being stuck on site...

So again multiple ways to approach colonization, direct on site or indirect cosmic influencing of site(s) of interest...
edit on 9/11/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Wow that is impressive!

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Not exactly. The myriad of wire infrastructure in our power lines, telephone lines, coils, transformers of all sizes and lengths will act as inductors. They will generate their own currents if exposed to EMI of this scale. You would have to completely electrically isolate all large infrastructure from everything else, which would be impossible.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I suspect an earthquake this month, most likely in California. 6-7 mag. either this week or next.
Today is Sept.12. 2017

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join