It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Korea say: North Korea preparing to launch an ICBM!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wonder what Kim's last words will be ?
"OOPS , I effed up bigtime"

I wonder what BIG headed people will say too!?

I have a big head. I find it most difficult to find a cap . And when I do , I have to leave the adjustment strap loose.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

It matters not how this starts. If there is war on the Korean Peninsula, 10s of millions of Koreans will be dead on both sides. Unless we have space weapons that are already on target and ready to launch, Seoul would be devastated in a matter of hours.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

Did you buy the Iran used chemical weapons stuff???

I don't remember all the particulars , but I remember that it didn't add up. Assad didn't need to use chemical weapons. Conventional weapons would have worked just fine.

From what I remember Assad using chemical weapons wouldn't have benefited his side at all. As regular missles kill just fine and don't risk involving the western powers.

The chemical attack, if there even was one, benefited the rebels WAY more than Assad.

None of that means Assad is a good leader, just that I'm assuming everyone will act in there own best interest for the most part.

that was not comming from the DNC. That was the conspiracy sides analysis.

So maybe Obamas red line wasn't actually crossed.. even if it was. It Doesn't undo trumps failure.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

I'm not sure it is realistic to stop NK from nuking Seoul.

It's too close. No need to go ICBM at that distance. So no need to involve space.

You could about have a quarterback throw the nuke that close.

Imho ratcheting up is what will cause it..

It isn't in Kim's best interest to launch until he fears being deposed. Once he thinks his rein is up though, might as well launch and write your name in the annuals of history. Dictators usually are beaten to death in the streets. So nothing to lose at that point.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Nice, that gave me a belly laugh...

Not one of us here is speculating anymore than a layman, in my view china want and need kimi, he is their buffer, attacking kimi will open up a big can of worms that no sane person on the planet would want to see.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I would say no need to go nuke at all. NK probably have enough conventional weapons in range to level Seoul.

I fear it is more the Chinese planning to discredit the US. Perhaps thinking they can help NK to call our bluff. After all how many red lines have been crossed in the past few years.
edit on 4-9-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Miniaturizing a nuke to get it onboard an ICBM and then controlling its trajectory and employment with any degree of accuracy is no small task.

NK is nowhere close to this level of capability...yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

I think the Geneva convention won't allow the use of Biebers.
It would amount to genocide.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I believe you are familiar with the term "continuity of government", with regard to the US government?

I believe also that there is an equivalent concept, which in the event of a global disaster or conflict of the sort which a nuclear strike would be a part of, that operates in the financial markets, a kind of bypass if you will, which permits the functions of finance to continue, even through very trying times indeed.

I think you would find that buffers would be erected by those in control of the markets, to ensure their continued existence and the protection of as many assets as possible, in order that once the dust clears, there be anything at all to come back to. After all, it does the de facto owners of the world and its resources, no favours to allow their most lucrative experiments to simply fall away. There is a status quo to maintain, after all.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

edit on 4 9 2017 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
America should assassinate l'il Kim the same way they assassinated JFK. Exploding Brylcreem.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not too sure about that really.
Too many ordinary folks involved in the fiscal stuff, but I guess shutting the markets for a couple of days would help slow down all the shorts...

It really is a place we haven't been to yet, so I couldn't say with any certainty one way or the other. It just struck me as NKs only real possibility to hurt the wider world.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The solution to this mess requires just a little patience.

We only have to wait until the next big NK government conference, where they sit down all of their military and bureaucrat leaders in one place to listen to Kim's rambling proclamations on something or other...then one MOAB will do the trick.

Maybe snap off a single high altitude nuke to deliver an EMP to blind (communication-wise) any mid to lower rank officer who might decide on their own to initiate an artillery barrage against the South...as unlikely as that might be in a dictatorship like that which exists in NK (ie. that lower level officers would actually launch an attack against SK without explicit orders from their supreme leader).

Anyway, wait for the next meeting, then it's one and done...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: carewemust

Trump already drew one, then NK stepped over it. To which trump did nothing..

Remember the "fire and fury " was if they threatened us again.. to which they promptly threatened us again..

That is why normal presidents don't make threats they are not willing to back up. Because after that the opposition doesn't know where the line is actually is and could bumble across it.

you're being too logical.....

EQ - emotional intelligence and IQ are too separate things. And the world has a vast deficit of EQ now. Too many people with high IQs are in power. That order will destroy itself....the social pyramid of today will destroy itself...

ever wonder why there are so many abandoned pyramids in the world....Egypt, Peru, Mexico, Sudan, Japan...unsustainable model of existence.

and for anyone who doesn't think Trump has a high IQ...you don't become a billionaire by having a low one. He just doesn't appear to have a high EQ, relatively speaking.

Trump's IQ (Quora)
edit on 4-9-2017 by dontneedaname because: add link

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: mr-lizard

Tomorrow the USA has called for and emergency meeting at the U.N. Security Council @ 10 AM.
youtu.be...

I for one hopes this blows over and comes to and end without lost of life... But... The drums and dogs of war seem to be restless.

thanks for the video. More WARnings.....keep em' coming!

sound the al-ARM! (To arms) ARMor, ARMory, ARMament, ARMs, ARMageddon....many more...but I forget...

a WAR of WORds...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

I'm sorry, did you just say that there are too many people with high IQs in leadership positions in the world? Are you SURE about that?

Because that sounds like a damned strange thing to say. I mean, I could understand your saying that under Obama, but Trump makes Bush look like a Mensa candidate. He has more words, but they are invariably the wrong ones. Bigly, would be one which comes to mind readily. Covfefe would be another, entirely ridiculous example of the many ways in which Trump is a moron.

His B.S. in Economics? I would not bet my life savings that he earned that degree fair and square either. Hes a slacker, and a dullard, and you have a problem with the smart folks? The man is not smart, or even a clever kind of stupid. He has all the low cunning one expects from a street thug, but nothing more than that.

And as for the suggestion by the individual who wrote that Quroa piece, that one does not do the things he has done and maintain a low IQ, I would like to suggest that perhaps, that individual has a slightly over inflated opinion of what "success" means for those who appear to have had it. In truth, you can get the trappings of success, while being entirely poor at everything you do, as long as you can BS your way through, and that takes no smarts what so ever. It just takes a talent for deception, which any low grade moron can pull off, especially if they are stupid enough to believe their own nonsense.

I have no degree, and make bugger all money. But if you put me in a room with him and ask me to debate a point with him, I will promise you without a shadow of a doubt, I would make him look a complete fool. While he will be using inappropriate terminology, getting his times, dates, and associations between people and events completely wrong, I will be, without notes mind you, entirely on point, dissecting his utterances for the ego driven, poorly thought out vomit that they are, while erecting an edifice of an argument so enormously fortified, that he will want to place his name on it immediately and move the thing to the border with Mexico.

Now, you are CERTAINLY correct that he lacks emotional intelligence, there is no doubt of that what so ever. But it cannot be understated that his money, his fame, his property, these things are NOT indicators of intelligence AT ALL! They are indicators of the fact that he successfully and believably lies, which any animal minded, greedy, self serving sociopath can achieve perfectly well, with absolutely no need to be intellectually advanced in any regard.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
North Korea is launching an ICBM!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just let Kim go nuts with his tests. He'll run out missiles eventually.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I always thought Trump was saying 'Big league' like the similar 'Big time'. I don't know maybe he does say bigly, the words big league seem to make more sense in the context he was saying it/them.

(Edit) I just watched this vid from CNN and confirms it as 'big league'...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4 9 2017 by E1Hammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We should pull our troops out of the dmz and let them go at it.But it ain't gonna happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join