It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence to support Donald Trump's claim Trump Tower wire-tapped, Justice Department finds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You seemed to miss it the first time.

Oh I read it the first time. The document doesn't confirm that the Obama administration wire-tapped Trump tower. Posting it over and over again isn't going to change anything.

Post it again if you feel the need to.

Conversely, you've brought nothing to the discussion but a minor talking point and a MSM article

That title is from the article so it's major enough for the OP.

Please continue.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh gee really? I mean he was so so certain at the time he was wire-tapped.

There has never been any evidence to support Mr Trump's assertion on Twitter that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory", despite continued insistence from some conservative websites and commentators.

But in a court filing late on Friday, the Justice Department added itself to the list of entities debunking the allegation.

The FBI and the Justice Department's National Security Division "confirm that they have no records related to wire-taps as described" by tweets from Mr Trump posted on March 4, the department said in a court filing in Washington.

www.abc.net.au...

Shall we add the Justice Department to the list of conspirators? Them along with the FBI and all non-conservative media?

Trumps claim was was false right from the get go. What got me was the amount of threads on here trying everything possible to add at least some truth to what he was claiming. To this day his claims have never officially been confirmed. But you know what? He'll continue to lie and claim without merit and his supporters will do anything to protect him. Meanwhile we'll hear about the very bad 'main stream media' while people use partisan sources like Breitbart to confirm their biases.

Sure add them and tell them to look again.

They seem to need pushing to find stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I am curious as to how you think Trump came to this conclusion? Did he wake up one day and think, hey, why not tell a whopper of a lie and see what happens? Or do you think someone came to him and said, "He Don, those #ers in the DNC are listening to you".

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They never admit wiretapping! Lol.
Never. Ever. Admit. Wiretapping.
Thats like the first rule of fight club.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Oh they are using the quotation marks to validate trumps statement .

Again...

Lame. I know...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

“The FBI and Department of Justice have now sided with former Director Comey and confirmed in writing that President Trump lied when he tweeted that former President Obama ‘wiretapped’ him at Trump Tower,

www.politico.com...
Bold mine...
edit on 932017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Of coarse there was no evidence. Trump was tweeting all of that to deflect from what was going on at the time, which would be Russia. All done in the wee hours of the morning, during another seemingly sleepless night for trump. I knew it right when he did it.

Obama was reportedly very upset by his accusations, which were point blank lies. Why does everyone just give trump a pass on things like this?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Of course. Trump lies about everything. Literally EVERYTHING!
Anyone would make a better witness. Anybody at all. Even that kid from Problem Child has more respect and credibility than the man who's supposed to be our leader. Basically, he sucks. Bottom line.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They said there's nothing. They investigated. Wasted tax payer money on the trash mouth liar in chief.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
They never admit wiretapping! Lol.
Never. Ever. Admit. Wiretapping.
Thats like the first rule of fight club.

Ever heard of Watergate?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They said there's nothing. They investigated. Wasted tax payer money on the trash mouth liar in chief.

The court paper says they neither confirmed or denied.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The "Russian Collusion" investigation has wasted far more money...and continues to do so.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The "Russian Collusion" investigation has wasted far more money...and continues to do so.

*cough*

Bengazhi 8 investigations

Email server 3 investigations

*cough*

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Watergate took a week for evidence to come out.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Did the NYT ,Cnn, Msnbc and all other opinion news outlets lie when they reported he had been wire tapped. Since it was their repeating it over and over for 2 months that led to Pres.Trump's tweet. .. It was only the campaign . But since he was the leader of his campaign means he was . Trump wasn't targeted as Described. Far cry from ,there was no wiretap's of any kind

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh gee really? I mean he was so so certain at the time he was wire-tapped.

So was the MSM, you know since they reported they had a warrant for servers at Trump tower and that Trump was being surveilled.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Two sources VERIFY FISA warrants on Trump's campaign. Not Russians, but US people in Trump's campaign (which could include Trump).

Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed to Heat Street that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia

While the Times story speaks of metadata, sources suggest that a FISA warrant was granted to look at the full content of emails and other related documents that may concern US persons.

However, it is thought in the intelligence community that the warrant covers any ‘US person’ connected to this investigation, and thus covers Donald Trump and at least three further men who have either formed part of his campaign or acted as his media surrogates.

heatst.com...

Here we have an article saying Trump is not named in the FISA warrant, but he is the actual target according to sources.

Neither Mr Trump nor his associates are named in the Fisa order, which would only cover foreign citizens or foreign entities - in this case the Russian banks. But ultimately, the investigation is looking for transfers of money from Russia to the United States, each one, if proved, a felony offence.
A lawyer- outside the Department of Justice but familiar with the case - told me that three of Mr Trump's associates were the subject of the inquiry. "But it's clear this is about Trump," he said.

www.bbc.com...

More FISA warrants that are focused on Trump and how it's evidence they have probable cause against him.

But The Times knew several critical facts: the F.B.I. had a sophisticated investigation underway on Trump’s organization, possibly including FISA warrants. (Some news outlets now report that the F.B.I. did indeed have such warrants, an indication of probable cause.)

www.nytimes.com...

Here is another source confirms an investigation into Trump, not simply business as usual spying, but targeting Trump's ties to Russia.

The BBC reported that the FBI had obtained a warrant on Oct. 15 from the highly secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court allowing investigators access to bank records and other documents about potential payments and money transfers related to Russia. One of McClatchy’s sources confirmed the report.

Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

Here we have Salon specifying a FISA warrant related to a TRUMP SERVER.

a private server discovered in Trump Tower was connected to a Russian bank for potentially illegal purposes, the FBI’s counter-intelligence wing submitted two FISA requests about the possible financial and banking offenses connected to the server — the first of which was denied in June (and which named Trump) and the second which was more narrowly drawn up and thus granted in October.

www.salon.com...

Another report specifying this is all about a Trump Server.

FBI’s counter-intelligence arm, sources say, re-drew an earlier FISA court request around possible financial and banking offenses related to the server. The first request, which, sources say, named Trump, was denied back in June, but the second was drawn more narrowly and was granted in October after evidence was presented of a server, possibly related to the Trump campaign, and its alleged links to two banks; SVB Bank and Russia’s Alfa Bank. While the Times story speaks of metadata, sources suggest that a FISA warrant was granted to look at the full content of emails and other related documents that may concern US persons.

heatst.com...

Here is a Slate article saying the FISA warrant probably was not rejected, and so we should not look at the application being rejected as being evidence Trump is not guilty. It is entirely an article based on supposition with literally no facts supporting it. Basically anything to hurt Trump.

The FISC almost never rejects FISA applications. So the claim that it turned down a request targeting Trump associates has been spun as proof that the FBI failed in investigating Trump associates with troubling ties to Vladimir Putin’s close associates, even as it continued to investigate Hillary Clinton and her email server. But even assuming that both claims are true—that the FBI sought a FISC order during the summer and that it obtained a narrowly crafted one in October—it is probably not the case that the original FISC rejection was all that unusual.

www.slate.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I am curious as to how you think Trump came to this conclusion? Did he wake up one day and think, hey, why not tell a whopper of a lie and see what happens? Or do you think someone came to him and said, "He Don, those #ers in the DNC are listening to you".

I think he invented it. It's a standard tactic of Trump, and showmen in general. Make a big bold claim, double down on it, and once the headlines have faded and the truth no longer matters, let it quietly go away. He did it throughout the entire campaign, it's a staple of his business, why wouldn't he have done it now?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I just sourced the msm saying it before Trump complete with them saying the had sources. What now?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Remember when it came to the neo nazis, he needed to know all the facts before making a statement, that had to be the most idiotic thing he has ever said. He never waits for facts before making statements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join