It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence to support Donald Trump's claim Trump Tower wire-tapped, Justice Department finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The OP has nothing to do with 'public opinion'. It has to do with an actual investigation that has yielded nil results in favour of Trumps claim If you want to discuss public perception and opinion, a topic that can go on for hours, there's an opportunity for you to post a thread.

It's very much on topic to discuss the ramification of your sourced article. In fact the releasing of the article is in response to it.

As stated, the 'Russia' investigation is still ongoing. Trumps wire-tapping claim has been exhaustively investigated and reviewed and has come up false. Does it not bother you that Trump falsely accused somebody? You don't seem bothered at all. You seem to be focused on derailing discussion to hide this fact.

How about you keep delving and go off topic in your own thread regarding what I think. What bothers me is that folks take articles as flat unbiased truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

you reply out of context

Not out of context at all. Agencies and organizations investigate Trumps claim, come up with nothing to substantiate his claim. You question why we should believe them and I come right back to you asking why we should believe Trump? Given the onus is on him and his supporters to back their claims (which to day, we've had nothing).

You still haven't actually addressed my post. It's really clear what you said and what you meant.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It's with Hillary's emails.
Never gunna see daylight.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: xuenchen
Almost every "verbal" order has no paper trail.

And if any did exist, they were destroyed after Nov 8th.

"They" had plenty of time.

Xuenchen.....David M. Hardy. Remember him? He is all over this one, too.

Also, take special note of everything after bullet number 8:
www.documentcloud.org...

Ahh So !!

possible deep state fix.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I have to go with what you said. There was never a physical wiretap either, that name is way outdated. I highly doubt if anyone actually does that anymore, they just record phone calls and data from a lot of people through technology.

Anyone knows not to leave any paper trail with stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
It's very much on topic to discuss the ramification of your sourced article.

I disagree with your view on the matter. I mean it's really not hard to understand. We have one investigation by an agency (and other investigations by other organizations) that have come up with the conclusion Trump's claim is false, without merit. Then we have the Russia investigation that is still ongoing, not done. We cannot compare the 'Wire-tapping' investigation to the 'Russia' investigation because the latter is still ongoing.

Really not hard to understand.

How about you keep delving and go off topic in your own thread

I'm not the one talking about 'public opinion' on the Russia investigation when the OP has to do with Trump's wire-tapping investigation.

Before I continue this back and forth with you (I really don't mind, it's great) I'd appreciate for you to come up front and tell the rest of us here whether or not you believe believe Trump and his wire-tapping claim? Do you believe Trump that Trump Tower was wire-tapped? Or do you have doubts? Once we establish your position on this matter, we can then have a more healthy and honest debate.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It's really not that hard (in my snootiest dialect imaginable) to understand that the public opinion started and is perpetuating this inquiry.

Here is the full quote that was snipped:

I believe they are being as truthful as they can to the public. Why do you ask? Well did you read the rest of the document?

Entire Source

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I believe they are being as truthful as they can to the public.

The answer is yes. Yes you believe Trump and his wire-tapping claim against Obama, in the absence of any evidence. But you're concerned about public opinion on the Russia investigation. Makes little sense to me.

At least you came upfront. Kind of.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Do go on. I am immensely enjoying you telling me what I think.

Simply ignore all of the above mentioned facts and the actual document, by all means.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Meaning of Glomar Response:

In United States law, the term Glomar response, also known as Glomarization or Glomar denial,[1] refers to a "neither confirm nor deny" (NCND) response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

Please read David M. Hardy's Declaration starting on pg. 73 of the document already posted for further clarification and meaning.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Xuenchen.....David M. Hardy. Remember him? He is all over this one, too.

Also, take special note of everything after bullet number 8:
www.documentcloud.org...

Ahh So !!

possible deep state fix.

Remember, he's the same one that said the public had no interest in Hillary Clinton's email investigation.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Meaning of Glomar Response:

In United States law, the term Glomar response, also known as Glomarization or Glomar denial,[1] refers to a "neither confirm nor deny" (NCND) response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

Please read David M. Hardy's Declaration starting on pg. 73 of the document already posted for further clarification and meaning.

Pfft, whatever.

TF out of here with those pertinent facts!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect them to come to any other conclusion, they have no reason to support him, and many to fear / prefer he goes. Do you really believe for a second that this wasn't going to be the outcome of the investigation, regardless of if any evidence was found or not?

Come on...

Just like Bluebeam, Condon, and especially the 9/11 report.. surely they wouldn't open an investigation that would strike at their own throats, if they weren't sure that nothing would be "found"? These people are professionals so they know how to protect secrets and that involves cover ups and lies.

I don't think either side can be trusted, right or left I mean, because they both lie, and they all say nasty things in private, and of course they are politicians and they stopped working for the people long ago

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Simply ignore all of the above mentioned facts

What facts?

Do you have actual evidence of wire-tapping? That document doesn't confirm any existence of wire-tapping so what was the point?

Here's the truth of the matter. You believe Trump when he says Trump Tower was wire-tapped, you believe that Obama was somehow involved. That's it.

Tell me I'm wrong please.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Oh gee really? I mean he was so so certain at the time he was wire-tapped.

There has never been any evidence to support Mr Trump's assertion on Twitter that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory", despite continued insistence from some conservative websites and commentators.

But in a court filing late on Friday, the Justice Department added itself to the list of entities debunking the allegation.

The FBI and the Justice Department's National Security Division "confirm that they have no records related to wire-taps as described" by tweets from Mr Trump posted on March 4, the department said in a court filing in Washington.

www.abc.net.au...

Shall we add the Justice Department to the list of conspirators? Them along with the FBI and all non-conservative media?

Trumps claim was was false right from the get go. What got me was the amount of threads on here trying everything possible to add at least some truth to what he was claiming. To this day his claims have never officially been confirmed. But you know what? He'll continue to lie and claim without merit and his supporters will do anything to protect him. Meanwhile we'll hear about the very bad 'main stream media' while people use partisan sources like Breitbart to confirm their biases.

So does this mean there was NOT illegal gathering of civilians digital data and voice calls?

NO... IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT. So what's your point SG?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

originally posted by: hombero
Do you really believe for a second that this wasn't going to be the outcome of the investigation

No not surprised at all considering Trump and his supporters to date haven't provided anything to prove this claim of his.

I mean come on.

I don't think either side can be trusted, right or left I mean,

Yet you trust one side. You believe Trump when he says Obama and his administration tapped Trump towers. Evident by the fact you say they 'fear him'. You're playing right into his act and yet you're telling us we shouldn't trust either side.

Hmm.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I don't know why you want to make your thread about me. Is that all your argument hinges upon?

The document only confirms what the DoJ says. Not any other agency.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

So does this mean there was NOT illegal gathering of civilians digital data and voice calls?

Oh like the Patriot Act that's been in place since 2001? Or the decades of data collected by our various intelligence organizations? Oh that's been happening. But does automatically prove that the Obama administration did wire-tap Trump Towers? With the absence of evidence? Should Obama and his administration be charged based on Trump's claim?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don't know why you want to make your thread about me.

This thread isn't about you evidently. I'm addressing your position on this matter. You chose to post on here and reply to my OP so I'll respond to you likewise (and how I see fit).

I'll go right back to the fact in the OP. Trump made a baseless claim that the Obama administration wire-tapped Trump towers. the DOJ confirms Trumps claims are false, there's no evidence. To date he and his supporters have failed to come up with any evidece of wiretapping what so ever. You can't seem to come up with anything yourself. That's it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You seemed to miss it the first time. I'll post it again.

Look at section 9.

You can't seem to come up with anything yourself. That's it.

I've brought to you the documents described in their entirety.

Conversely, you've brought nothing to the discussion but a minor talking point and a MSM article the omits critical information to suit a narrative and agenda. Oh and a petulant attitude but I've come to expect as much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join