It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian
I never would have imagined that one of the best UFO vids I have seen would be of an object that looks like a frigging weather balloon. Only in the great science of Ufology.

It doesn't look like the majority of weather balloons at all. It looks more similar to say.. the smart balloon designed by NOAA to measure ozone levels. Although their balloon is about 1/3rd the size of this thing. Most weather balloons are long, and near the ground, under-inflated which makes them look flabby. If this is a balloon, it is fully inflated. Obviously a weather balloon would never be this full, this close to the ground, or it would simply rupture when it reached the altitude needed to you know.. actually measure weather.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Haha drifting away slowly 😂😂not one person thought about following it ? Seeing it just drifted off 😂

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In 2017 the problem we have is we need a lot more than just something floating in the sky. Hoaxes are a dime a dozen these days so we need video from start to finish and with different groups, who all have different perspectives. Looking at the film it looks like a very large tethered metallic balloon, easy these days to make. We do not have video of its arrival to that spot in the sky so was it floated up or did it fly there. We also have no conclusion in its departures, so right now we have a tethered balloon it seems a helo flew around it looking at it for a min or two.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nofear39

Haha drifting away slowly 😂😂not one person thought about following it ? Seeing it just drifted off 😂

No idea if someone decided to try and follow, but not easy from say.. a car.. going through neighborhoods. What did go after it was a helicopter however. It was following it as it was drifting towards the airport / downtown.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
In 2017 the problem we have is we need a lot more than just something floating in the sky. Hoaxes are a dime a dozen these days so we need video from start to finish and with different groups, who all have different perspectives. Looking at the film it looks like a very large tethered metallic balloon, easy these days to make. We do not have video of its arrival to that spot in the sky so was it floated up or did it fly there. We also have no conclusion in its departures, so right now we have a tethered balloon it seems a helo flew around it looking at it for a min or two.

I recommend watching all the videos, as the object drifts off. And besides, if it were tethered, a balloon that large flying that high would need one hell of a tether, and there is nothing visible. But as it slowly moves away in the third video, that negates a tether. If it were tethered and then released, it would have flew upwards quickly into the sky, and that did not happen. If a balloon, it was purposely filled with the exact amount of needed helium and perhaps air, to keep it at that static elevation.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yeah, always suspect when there is no footage of it leaving the frame/moving off. Unless I missed it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
a reply to: McGinty

well, if you had bothered to read even a little bit of the thread before commenting, you would know that other people also took videos and photographs of the object. so.... no.

Darn it, i such a damn failure

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Ignore the heckles, this is a pretty important point.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No idea ? If they had I'm sure we would know about it by now .. and the helicopter hasn't commented yet as far as I know so that's not helping .. I'm not saying it's anything because I ain't sure but I'd be more sure if I seen what happened to it and not jus floating .. maybe I'm asking for to much ? But I've read every comment and watched every clip and I'm on the fence at the moment

😊

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I like the heckles 😁

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nofear39

It's a good and a bad point. It's a good point because people need to "chase" UFO's more often, that's for sure.

But it's a bad point because...

This is L.A. One of the most congested cities in the world. Friends say it can take 2-3 hours to get 5 miles in L.A. on some days.

It was about 7.45am. Most people outside at that time are probably going to work, which is why we see a video shot from a Fed Ex depot, and you'd imagine the guy in the main video is perhaps getting ready to take his kid to school.

People generally won't break away from their 9-5 job just to go UFO chasing. Again it's quite cunning really, because if it had been 4pm say, or 7pm, people would have plenty of spare time. Appearing at 7-8am makes it more difficult for people to commit to giving chase.

But sure, it appears to follow i10 route, someone could have done that, or you'd think there would perhaps be some video out of the flight path heading, ie Santa Monica or Downtown LA. Of course, if it just kept that trajectory, it wouldn't have been long til it reached the Pacific Coast and if it drifted out to sea, well, then you'd have needed a boat once you'd reached the shore to continue the chase...!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth
Possible explanations anyone?
Maybe CGI, but that doesn't explain the helicopter, and his commentary matching up. Would of had to hire a helicopter, or know the heli was going to be there.
Possibly a balloon? But it's buoyancy would have to be perfect, and there would have to be no wind. Or it could bee tethered to the ground, doesn't seem likely though.

For all those who ask where the HD videos are of UFO's, here you go.

youtu.be... Heres the link, still cant figure out how to embed.

Just astral jumped into a meeting real deep in the hive of the elite, found out that...some signal from space is pinging off this thing and the thing is still in the air somewhere over Oregan.

I don't believe in aliens, but what ever this thing is has something to do with some radio burst somewhere in space, maybe SETI knows something and is not telling the public.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Yea that's all true pal .. but I'm still no closer to knowing WTF that thing is .. I wanted an answer before the weekend was out 😂 But bed time soon and this thread has been ace so far so not complaining 😁

edit on 92017fAmerica/ChicagopmSun, 03 Sep 2017 14:12:15 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth
Possible explanations anyone?
Maybe CGI, but that doesn't explain the helicopter, and his commentary matching up. Would of had to hire a helicopter, or know the heli was going to be there.
Possibly a balloon? But it's buoyancy would have to be perfect, and there would have to be no wind. Or it could bee tethered to the ground, doesn't seem likely though.

For all those who ask where the HD videos are of UFO's, here you go.

youtu.be... Heres the link, still cant figure out how to embed.

Get to F,ck 😂😂😂

Just astral jumped into a meeting real deep in the hive of the elite, found out that...some signal from space is pinging off this thing and the thing is still in the air somewhere over Oregan.

I don't believe in aliens, but what ever this thing is has something to do with some radio burst somewhere in space, maybe SETI knows something and is not telling the public.

Get 2 FCk 😂😂
edit on 92017fAmerica/ChicagopmSun, 03 Sep 2017 14:08:36 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

The guy zooms in on the helicopter and it is a sheriff helicopter (1:26 in the video). Just found the exact same type on google images:
sheriff helicopter
Can someone in the area contact the LA sheriff's department please!!!
soulwaxer

This is probably the most important step, and also I'd be tempted to record the conversation (telling them that you are for legal purposes, with the reasoning of accurate note keeping etc).
I'm also thinking of inviting the various video makers to join in the conversation here, it'd really help on nailing down some details.

Here is their Facebook page: LASD Aero Bureau
We now know what to do!

Any takers?

soulwaxer

Unfortunately, I think the answer you will get was "It was a balloon we were following to make sure it wouldn't cause an air traffic hazard," no matter what it was. If it was a balloon, they will say so. If it wasn't, they will stay say it was a balloon. I don't think you'll get the answer of "We don't know what it was."
edit on 3-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

I recommend watching all the videos, as the object drifts off. And besides, if it were tethered, a balloon that large flying that high would need one hell of a tether, and there is nothing visible.

Not really, the kite string would not be seen and I seen some huge 15 foot kites in 30 knots of wind using string not very big.

But as it slowly moves away in the third video, that negates a tether.

Your assumption is the tethered point was not movable.... If I was going to hoax this I would just keep the tethered point moving, drive around, as example...

Is there any video of it actually arriving and departing?

edit on 3-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Don't know if there are videos of it arriving. One video of it moving away slowly. Also how would someone driving a tethered balloon around rush-hour stricken LA get it past say.. stoplights? Or anything that overhangs the road, including.. trees. Unless you are suggesting that at that time in the morning when there is a ton of traffic in LA, someone plotted a stoplight / tree-free route to drive a tethered balloon around as a hoax but it wasn't noticed or filmed by anyone wondering why someone was flying a huge balloon from their vehicle. Aliens is a more likely scenario than that. : p

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Because 'drifting with the wind' would make it obvious its terrestrial in origin. So why bother following it.

Unless UFOS are disguising themselves as tethered balloons nowadays.

Omg, Ya think?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Your assumption is the tethered point was not movable.... If I was going to hoax this I would just keep the tethered point moving, drive around, as example...

Good luck with phone lines, power lines, bridges and... wait for it... cops!

soulwaxer
edit on 3-9-2017 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

Good luck with phone lines, power lines, bridges and... wait for it... cops!

soulwaxer

I understand that...lol but you are going to suggest I could not plan a route, don't be so quick to just say they can't do it so it must be a UFO...geez.. and cops.. give me a break...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join