It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Protest at Fort Sanders Confederate Monument Knoxville

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

Have anything other than red herrings?

My guess is no.

LOL ... so you're retracting your statement about Progressives calling for banning books?

Fine. Good on you.

After eight years of progressives whining bout Fox News.

NOPE.

I gave you two examples of many of actual book bannings advocated for by "Conservatives" rather than "Progressives."

You can't handle the truth. Spin on.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

At some point, we as a nation are going to have to stand up against those who would divide us.

You should start a thread articulating precisely who you think 'those' are. So far the best evidence I've seen in this regard came straight out of the mouth of Scott Foval and Robert Creamer, so if there are others even more heavily invested in the division process, I'd be keen to see who you think they are, and why they want to push such an agenda.

My views are really simple ... anyone who tries to set Americans against Americans is trying to divide us. Anyone who continually prostitutes themselves in support of the illusion of "right and left" is trying to divide us.

Anyone who apologizes for Nazi and White Supremacist terrorists is trying to divide us.

Anyone who commits unprovoked violence and vandalism for any reason is trying to divide us.

See, no thread needed; you just had to ask (or read almost any of my posts.)

I said 'articulate precisely' - not grab a paint brush and splatter crap everywhere. If there is a division agenda, then surely there is a head to that snake, a bankroll and a whole lot of motivation.

Name names and corporations / institutions / companies whose modus operandi is clearly aimed at dividing folks, and give reasons why such an agenda is pushed.

See, a thread is needed - that's why I asked, especially since I read all of your posts.

link   
a reply to: neo96

FDR had dirty secrets !!

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yeah.

The "Confederacy" was so "White Supremacist", they got mad and killed a few hundred thousand White people during the War.

Someone ought to post that 1924 klanbake picture.

Of all the historical artifacts that they whine about.

The never whine bout the biggest monument every built off the backs of slavery.

You do loves you some pictures of the Klan marching, don't you?

Why don't you repudiate the Klan and what it stands for, as the Democratic Party has done for the last 50 years or so?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Nah. We've got enough threads about partisan nonsense.

Start one yourself. I've been very clear about my positions.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yeah.

The "Confederacy" was so "White Supremacist", they got mad and killed a few hundred thousand White people during the War.

So did Hitler.

/shrug

Yeah.

The Nazis and Fascists in the 20th Century got extra mad.

They killed 20 or 30 million White people.

||-(0_0)-||

Hey, Xuench ... what do you think about the demonstrations in Knoxville today?

You know, the topic of the thread?

(Seeing as how my fanclub always wants to derail topics ... I'm going to exit so that the actual discussion of the topic can continue.)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

And ?

I asked if someone had anything other than red herrings.

I clearly got my answer.

Seems that's all they have.

DEFLECT.

Little does the American Taliban running around destroying things haven't figured out all that so called offensive stuff is still there on google streetview.

DOH!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Why don't you repudiate the Klan and what it stands for, as the Democratic Party has done for the last 50 years or so?

By crying when a Byrd died ?

By almost electing a woman that said 'BRING THEM TO HEEL' !

That's some repudiation!.
edit on 26-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

.... SNIP ....

Little does the American Taliban running around destroying things haven't figured out all that so called offensive stuff is still there on google streetview.

DOH!

How long until Google decides to blur out all the Confederate monuments on Street view, refuse to allow people to mark monuments as historic markers on Google Maps, etc....

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think statues and monuments are just symbolic representations of free speech and anyone who wants to ban them are really saying they are against free speech.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

.... SNIP ....

DOH!

How long until Google decides to blur out all the Confederate monuments on Street view, refuse to allow people to mark monuments as historic markers on Google Maps, etc....

Not very long.

Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

FDR had dirty secrets !!

Indeed.

I mean the nerve of statue haters.

Running bout white supremacists,nazis were the biggest bunch of BIGOTS of the era.

Fast forward to the year 2017.

They still are.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think statues and monuments are just symbolic representations of free speech and anyone who wants to ban them are really saying they are against free speech.

Time to erect a new "Statue of Limitations".

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lady Liberty wears a ball gag now.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Lady Liberty wears a ball gag now.

Lady liberty was a gift originally meant for Egypt and was rejected because she didn't have enough on.

True story.

blogs.voanews.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

statues are nothing to do with free speech, it's about one man's interpretation of art or to celebrate something or sometimes, advertising.
the donkey statues in denver built to celebrate super bowl wins were not to long ago called an affront by confused types like alex jones, who wanted them removed.

all you have here are neo-nazi types organizing a seig heil sit in around a statue with a tenuous link to their beliefs, this guy fought for the south and therefore probably loved slavery ergo, he's one of us!
then the other side protest and no doubt some crank takes it upon themselves to start a go fund me page to get said statue removed.

people protesting others seig heiling a statue with no link to nazi germany or even white supremacy, isn't affecting free speech it shows how bad the education system there has gotten.
it's like going to a jets v giants game yet declaring this patriots game sucks.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

So you get to determine the validity or interpretation of what another's speech is?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

FDR had dirty secrets !!

Indeed.

I mean the nerve of statue haters.

Running bout white supremacists,nazis were the biggest bunch of BIGOTS of the era.

Fast forward to the year 2017.

They still are.

Well - this is awkward for the revisionists and statue-phobics........

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So does that mean that the Civil War didn't happen until the statues went up in the 20th century?

Well that might explain why all those white people who put them up weren't letting the black people vote, drink from the same water fountains or eat in the front of the restaurant.

Without those statues to lionize Confederate generals and the like, they simply didn't realize the Civil War had happened and so they thought all those black people were still slaves.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Well that might explain why all those white people who put them up weren't letting the black people vote, drink from the same water fountains or eat in the front of the restaurant.

All that stuff is so overrated.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join