It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Protest at Fort Sanders Confederate Monument Knoxville

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think statues and monuments are just symbolic representations of free speech and anyone who wants to ban them are really saying they are against free speech.

statues are nothing to do with free speech, ....

.... except when somebody "exercises" free speech by toppling one.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well that might explain why all those white people who put them up weren't letting the black people vote, drink from the same water fountains or eat in the front of the restaurant

"Boo-hoo, you white people are angry because you couldn't use your 'white privilege' card to get invited to the Black Lives Matter all-black Memorial Day celebration"

So, 2 wrongs do make a right? Right? (not to be confused with 'alt-right').

Anyone who wants to remove statues and flags is a history-denying racist. Anyone who promotes segregation based on skin colour is a racist.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Anyone who wants to remove statues and flags is a history-denying racist. Anyone who promotes segregation based on skin colour is a racist.

Extending that further.

ANYONE running around hypenating American is a racist.

Because some people think simply being called an American is offensive to someone else.
edit on 26-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True. Water fountains are gross.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
More proof of what a farce it all is.

www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here is an update: Hundreds of police arriving at Fort Sanders

Here is an update Hundreds of police arriving at Fort Sanders
The Fort Sanders community took on the look of a fortified encampment again Saturday morning as hundreds of police officers began arriving in preparation for an expected rally by white separatists at the site of a century-old Civil War memorial.

[url=http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2017/08/26/live-updates-white-supremacist-rally-confederate-fort-sanders-monument-knoxville/602946001/]Link[/u rl]

~Morpheus

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So if you want to remove the statues and flags put up by racists then you're a racist? Makes sense. If I put out a burning cross lit by the Klan, I am a racist? Seems legit.

EDIT:

I had to look up the quote. So your argument is what? Because one person said something on Fox News, she represents all black people and that's proof that black people are racists and therefore statues put up by racist white people are "historical?" I'm struggling to wade through the false equivalence and non sequitur to make sense of that argument.
edit on 2017-8-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah.

Those Confederates were so about "White Supremacy" they had their armies kill a hundred thousand White people.

And they even had full regiments and divsions of wait for it ...

Confederate units of Indian Territory

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Of all the monuments you'd think they would want one for Fort Sanders to stay:
Longstreet ordered an attack that went nowhere, cost the Confederates 813 casualties.
Union 13 casualties.
Most lopsided defeat of the entire war for the Confederates.

Seems someone already defaced it:

This I suppose is what some find so objectionable ( I guess 129 dead soldiers don't deserve remembrance? )

Pretty modest marker if you ask me.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

That's a little too close to "home" for me. Tennessee girl by birth, though not there now, and utterly sick of this BS about Civil War memorabilia/statues/etc. That era is part of the history of this nation, and statues often represent family members of people still in those areas, or people with whom someone fought, etc. They do not represent slavery - not the point of that war - and we cannot change history by erasing all signs of the past. Hope people there show more sense.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Todays protests streams here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

.... SNIP ....

Little does the American Taliban running around destroying things haven't figured out all that so called offensive stuff is still there on google streetview.

DOH!

How long until Google decides to blur out all the Confederate monuments on Street view, refuse to allow people to mark monuments as historic markers on Google Maps, etc....

But the statues will be safe, somewhere.

Probably need to fill out an application to find out where they are and then another for why you want to see them.

Only takes about 16 months to get an answer, yay or nay.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yeah.

The "Confederacy" was so "White Supremacist", they got mad and killed a few hundred thousand White people during the War.

So did Hitler.

/shrug

They justified it in their own minds by saying those people really weren't pure blooded whites.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

a reply to: neo96

FDR had dirty secrets !!

Indeed.

I mean the nerve of statue haters.

Running bout white supremacists,nazis were the biggest bunch of BIGOTS of the era.

Fast forward to the year 2017.

They still are.

Well - this is awkward for the revisionists and statue-phobics........

Yep, now they can't prove slavery was a thing.

I can deal without knowing the civil war didn't happen but can they deal with slavery never happening?

Show me a slave, a real one like they claim, I'd like to meet one and help.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Do you think that the fact that this just happens to be the present collective condition of millions of people is merely some amazing coincidence for the establishment?
It's absolutely not!
Its instead the intentional result of social engineering.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

a reply to: neo96

FDR had dirty secrets !!

Indeed.

I mean the nerve of statue haters.

Running bout white supremacists,nazis were the biggest bunch of BIGOTS of the era.

Fast forward to the year 2017.

They still are.

Well - this is awkward for the revisionists and statue-phobics........

Yep, now they can't prove slavery was a thing.

I can deal without knowing the civil war didn't happen but can they deal with slavery never happening?

Show me a slave, a real one like they claim, I'd like to meet one and help.

This was a far fetched thought I had:

If they wipe out the civil war and slavery (BIG IF) then they get rid of Jim Crowe and Segregation, people may eventually ask why we have Affirmative Action and Civil Rights laws. What was the big deal about MLK and Malcolm X, etc? Why was Obama such a big deal?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join