It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons Sheriff Arpaio....:)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Trump made a huge mistake here on multiple levels. One he's giving fodder to those atracking him. I can get over this but the problem I have is point two this sheriff set up a concentration camp in the desert. He set up tents forced them to work in extreme heat with little regard for their safety. But the other problem is he targeted Latino drivers making them prove they were US citizens. Even hold them until they could supply things like birth cirtificates. It's not OK to hold US citizens without charging them. And as a US citizen people should not have to prove their innocence. The judge told him to stop this policy yet he continued to hold Latinos based off nothing more than their race. If he followed the law that would have been one thing but this jack wad didn't just check on people he arrested that would have been legal. No he stops anyone that looked like they might be Mexican so driving while Latino became a crime.

This is not how our country works you don't detain people to prove innocence. You don't pull people over because they are a specific race. And no true amaerican should support thus conduct. This country was founded on the principle that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. And why anyone thinks it's OK to pull over anyone because they could be an illegal just amazes me. This country is better than that then to allow a police force to be racist by anyone standards. Final point on my rant look how much this a hole cost Arizona residence paying for his Court costs. They spent millions having to defend their police for being racists.
edit on 8/26/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Arpaio was upholding immigration laws,Obama was trying him to break federal immigration laws,if the federal judges did their job,this would have never happened,you shouldn't give respect where it's not due,the judges failed to uphold law

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Trump has already shown his disdain for the rule of law and this would seem to be another example of that.

The President thinks Joe Arpaio is a good guy which obviously makes him immune to the legal system and verdict of criminal contempt, it's not what you do but who you are in Trumps world.

MAGA.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

"The President exercised his lawful authority and we respect his decision," said Ian Prior, a Justice Department spokesman.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

This was the least to do for Arpaio, who has dedicated his life for justice, and recently been viciously attacked by communists and marcists of the Left Terror.

That said, please refrain from posting clips from CNN, it is just painful to watch. In particular, when they go for the leftist propagranda segment after stating the fact. I really feel obnoxious for watching them, and I am not joking.

But good news for Arpaio, justice and America!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I think you have it wrong - Arpao was in contempt of court - actually defying court orders to to stop enforcing an unconstitutional law.

So a law enforcement officer has pardoned for ignoring a lawful order from the courts to cease racial profiling.

So if law enforcement officers don't obey legally binding orders - just how is that a good thing.

Not to mention that the 'pardon' is highly irregular in that, among other things, it happened before sentencing. Therefore the 'the man has served and is 80' rationale is not valid as the sentencing judge may not have sentenced him to jail time for those or other reasons as was his right.

This administration just made a statement that the 'rule of law' is not to be respected when it comes to presidential cronies.

Nope, I don't have it wrong. I think it's you that has it wrong. It has nothing to do with race. it has to do with IMMIGRATION LAW.

Period. Trump and his supporters, us, couldn't care less about the country of origin.....'race'. It's about our nation, our home, and uninvited 'guests'.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

This was the least to do for Arpaio, who has dedicated his life for justice, and recently been viciously attacked by communists and marcists of the Left Terror.

That said, please refrain from posting clips from CNN, it is just painful to watch. In particular, when they go for the leftist propagranda segment after stating the fact. I really feel obnoxious for watching them, and I am not joking.

But good news for Arpaio, justice and America!

I was so excited about the news that I didn't see it was CNN.

Then again, seeing them blither about with hand wringing concern brought crocodile tears...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Trump has already shown his disdain for the rule of law and this would seem to be another example of that.

The President thinks Joe Arpaio is a good guy which obviously makes him immune to the legal system and verdict of criminal contempt, it's not what you do but who you are in Trumps world.

MAGA.

What about the HUNDREDS of Pardons issued by the last three Presidents??? Where's your comment on their 'distain for the rule of law'?

You people seem to be running out of any form of logic at all. It's hilarious.
edit on 26-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Trump made a huge mistake here on multiple levels. One he's giving fodder to those atracking him. I can get over this but the problem I have is point two this sheriff set up a concentration camp in the desert. He set up tents forced them to work in extreme heat with little regard for their safety. But the other problem is he targeted Latino drivers making them prove they were US citizens. Even hold them until they could supply things like birth cirtificates. It's not OK to hold US citizens without charging them. And as a US citizen people should not have to prove their innocence. The judge told him to stop this policy yet he continued to hold Latinos based off nothing more than their race. If he followed the law that would have been one thing but this jack wad didn't just check on people he arrested that would have been legal. No he stops anyone that looked like they might be Mexican so driving while Latino became a crime.

This is not how our country works you don't detain people to prove innocence. You don't pull people over because they are a specific race. And no true amaerican should support thus conduct. This country was founded on the principle that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. And why anyone thinks it's OK to pull over anyone because they could be an illegal just amazes me. This country is better than that then to allow a police force to be racist by anyone standards. Final point on my rant look how much this a hole cost Arizona residence paying for his Court costs. They spent millions having to defend their police for being racists.

I disagree. First, Trump gets all the attacks with this act or without. They invent them as required. Second, he reassures his base that the platform he was elected on is carried out, without regard to those attacks, and delivers what he was promised despite opposition.

As far as 'concentration camps'. It's no different than what ICE would do faced with overwhelming numbers IF they were permitted to do, which is enforce law.

As far as working goes. That is the policy of that county no matter who is arrested. They earn their 'room and board' instead of draining the county's coffers. A pragmatic solution, in my view.

edit on 26-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

And you people always fallback on the "yeah but ... the other guy" defence when confronted by the uncomfortable truth rather than addressing the issue , that my friend is hilarious.

This officer of the law ignored the court of which he is a servant and was brought to book for it , your President has also ignored the decision of the court by overturning their judgement for no other reason than it fits his xenophobic agenda.

edit on 26-8-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: gortex

MAGA.

What about the HUNDREDS of Pardons issued by the last three Presidents??? Where's your comment on their 'distain for the rule of law'?

the only one that springs to mind that butthurt the neo-nazis here was the wikileaker who became a woman, those same people though support wikileaks rapist assange and even started a thread crying how wikileaks should not be classed as a bad thing in anyway.
so it appears pardons are good as long as you don't wear a skirt, here anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Some times if the Judge is wrong, you have to tell him to go to hell.

I think Joe Arpaio would have made a good Commander for the Texas Rangers. That's good enough for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ice doesn't creat concentration camps they have facilities that actually look out for the inmates. They didn't do things like Joe did such as refusing them meals.working them in a desert with heat over 100 degrees. I don't even have a problem with ICE. That's their job what I do have a problem with is some two bit sheriff making his own laws. By the way I figure this doesnt effect you or you wouldnt be so blasse about it. But imagine if he pulled you over put you in a work camp and told you to get your relatives to bring a birth certificate proving your a citizen. If you don't have one on hand like many people then you would have to wait a couple of weeks to get a new one.

So would you be OK with that? And why does he get to treat citizens like crap after all he's suppose to serve and protect them. As far as Trump I consider myself fair I defend him at times from stupid attack other times I admonish him for his actions. This is one of those times he has no business overusing a judge when he knows nothing of the case. I don't think he's racist never believed that but I do think he has little regard for anyone other than himself we have seen it to many times with his lack of empathy.

edit on 8/26/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It´s neat what you figured out about me by that external quote

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Seriously? He knows nothing of the case?

He can pardon who he wants anyway.

All they had on him was contempt of court.

A vindictive BS charge at that.

Stupid judge.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
One has to ask why the president is wasting his time on such a minor issue. He has much bigger fish to fry. Easy. This speaks to his base. You can see it even here. Pandering.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Trump pardoned this guy ?

Over Arpaio’s 24-year tenure as sheriff of Maricopa county, he gained notoriety for detaining hundreds of undocumented immigrants in a Tent City jail and forcing them to wear pink underwear.

The sheriff courted controversy and media attention – calling his own jail a “concentration camp”, serving inmates just two meals a day and selling replica pink underwear to the public – as he became a national figurehead for the virulent xenophobia that Trump embraced in his presidential campaign.

Link

How very ... unsavoury
What less to expect from such an unwholesome person as Trump

That´s why even in Germany many people know him, there were some documentaries on german TV about "his concentration camp" and Lagerführer Arpaio. I remember watching this documentaries, for the first time, a decade or longer ago. I remember one where he proudly presented "his" jail, decorated with pink or purple walls, sweet little sheep, clouds, funny suns on it. To calm the inmates down, while they had to wear the pink underwear. And if i remember right, in one documetary they showed that the inmates had to work in chain gangs, wearing black and white striped clothes...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That is exactly what Trump is doing, pandering to his base.

I am disgusted by how many Trump supporters are happy about this because it upsets the 'left', look at the mud pit's if you are not sure what I mean.

Some just blindly support anything that upsets the perceived 'other side'. Divide and conquer I suppose.

Arpaio was a bully who picked on Latinos, he is not a good person. The US already has hands down the highest incarceration rate, no doubt Arpaio had a higher incarceration rate than the rest of the US.

Arresting someone because they are Latino without their papers is morally wrong. Guilty until proven innocent is not the American way.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm not saying it's similar but....

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
verschickter

"The President exercised his lawful authority and we respect his decision," said Ian Prior, a Justice Department spokesman.

And your point is ?
Nobody's saying what Trump did was unlawful, it is however questionable and smacks of playing to his crowd.

edit on 26-8-2017 by gortex because: Quote function sucks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join