It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons Sheriff Arpaio....:)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Trump just won serious poll points with this decision.

Imagine being convicted in a criminal contempt case for carrying out law.
The left basically want 'pardons' for the illegals. It seems appropriate to pardon an American that has serve 50 years in both the Army and police service.

Well done to both, I say.
www.cnn.com...
edit on 25-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Applause, I gotta tell ya.......and hello to Tiger Mountain and Issaquah

I needed that here on a Sabbath start....does my old heart good sonny.....oh

He was a fellow veteran too!!

]edit on 25-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So Trump has 0 respect for a Federal Judges lawful order...That's just Trump for you.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

So Trump has 0 respect for a Federal Judges lawful order...That's just Trump for you.

Probably less than 0. Especially if this was one of those so-called impartial judges.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

So, the federal judge had 0 respect for Federal Law. That's a progressive brain-rot moron for you.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
He should have never been arrested in the first place, it was a push from the Democrats because he was investigating certain parts of our political system.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You really think that???...here, let trump call this fake news. Then when you are done, call it fake all you would like, even if its exaggerated, they are still the worst number for any president at this point in time. Just wondering, how many of the trumps supporters have offered to wash his feet? Big surprise he pardoned him...LOL, I guess the alt left did not see that coming.

www.yahoo.com...

edit on 25-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2017 by kurthall because: fix

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

No mention of the hundreds of 'Pardons' issued by Obama, Bush and Clinton. What about their 'disrespect' of Federal Judges?

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

You really think that???...here, let trump call this fake news. Then when you are done, call it fake all you would like, even if its exaggerated, they are still the worst number for any president at this point in time. Just wondering, how many of the trumps supporters have offered to wash his feet? Big surprise he pardoned him...LOL, I guess the alt left did not see that coming.

www.yahoo.com...

Yes, I really do. Your poll numbers are as about as credible as the 'poll numbers' before the election. You believed them once, believe them again.....please....

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think you have it wrong - Arpao was in contempt of court - actually defying court orders to to stop enforcing an unconstitutional law.

So a law enforcement officer has pardoned for ignoring a lawful order from the courts to cease racial profiling.

So if law enforcement officers don't obey legally binding orders - just how is that a good thing.

Not to mention that the 'pardon' is highly irregular in that, among other things, it happened before sentencing. Therefore the 'the man has served and is 80' rationale is not valid as the sentencing judge may not have sentenced him to jail time for those or other reasons as was his right.

This administration just made a statement that the 'rule of law' is not to be respected when it comes to presidential cronies.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I think you have it wrong - Arpao was in contempt of court - actually defying court orders to to stop enforcing an unconstitutional law.

So a law enforcement officer has pardoned for ignoring a lawful order from the courts to cease racial profiling.

So if law enforcement officers don't obey legally binding orders - just how is that a good thing.

Not to mention that the 'pardon' is highly irregular in that, among other things, it happened before sentencing. Therefore the 'the man has served and is 80' rationale is not valid as the sentencing judge may not have sentenced him to jail time for those or other reasons as was his right.

This administration just made a statement that the 'rule of law' is not to be respected when it comes to presidential cronies.

When the order is Unlawful though you do not in good conscious have to follow it. Even if a judge says so.
And it can be scientifically argued that since there is just one race on earth that he wasnt racially profilling due to we are all of th esame race.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: added thought

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Was he rouge, or was he following State legislation? Or fed legislation that may have been retired, or not?
I ask be cause I do not know.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So that makes what Trump did ok?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Good pardon. He deserves it plus it will enrage the left. Win, Win IMO.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

So, the federal judge had 0 respect for Federal Law. That's a progressive brain-rot moron for you.

Show me the federal law that says "a sheriff must detain and racial profile individuals because of the color of their skin."

I don't think you'll find that one on the books sir.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm not discussing Obama, Clinton, Bush, Bush or Reagan. I'm discussing Trump. None of those other guys are the sitting PoTUS, are they ? Or do you just wish they were still there?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Trump pardoned this guy ?

Over Arpaio’s 24-year tenure as sheriff of Maricopa county, he gained notoriety for detaining hundreds of undocumented immigrants in a Tent City jail and forcing them to wear pink underwear.

The sheriff courted controversy and media attention – calling his own jail a “concentration camp”, serving inmates just two meals a day and selling replica pink underwear to the public – as he became a national figurehead for the virulent xenophobia that Trump embraced in his presidential campaign.

Link

How very ... unsavoury
What less to expect from such an unwholesome person as Trump

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Good pardon. He deserves it plus it will enrage the left. Win, Win IMO.

The Left's RAGE has begun!
thehill.com...

Which solidifies the pardoning of Arpaio as a great decision! Confirming even further a correct decision, anti-America CNN has cancelled it's low priority Hurricane Harvey damage coverage, to resume Trump-bashing over the pardon.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This was actually being discussed a couple days ago, about how the pardon paperwork was already on Trumps desk. No surprises at all. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if, in usual Trump fashion, he rewards his good buddy Sheriff Joe with a position in his cabinet or government. And of course, the faithful of Trump, as usual, will think it's the most awesome idea ever.

Honestly, I could care less, and of all of Trump's stupid choices, this is the one of least concern. Arpaio is 85, and looks like he's already on the path to a nursing home and a retirement spent crapping his diapers and eating pureed turkey.

On top of it all, he's Arizona's problem, not ours. They want him, they can have him.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
And that's why he was elected! To drain the swap of these idiots! Some clown in a black nightgown, making a political statements instead of judgment based on "law"/"jurisprudence". I hope future LEOs can use this "lawful" Presidential Pardon in their "defence". Good job! Pres. Trump!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join