It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pride does not mean hate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am so sick and freaking tired of hearing people call me names and label me with whatever insulting self-empowering tag they feel justified in attaching to me. I am a white, straight, married, educated, gun owning, Christian. I am apparently everything that is wrong with this nation.

My only response to that is - SCREW YOU.

I am white and proud of it. To some on the left that means I am automatically a racist, bigoted, neo-nazi hater. Grow up. My pride in myself has nothing to do with you or your politics.

I am straight and proud of it. To some on the left that means I am automatically a homophobic hater. Grow up. My pride in myself has nothing whatsoever to do with you or your choices in life.

I am married and proud of it. To some on the left that means I am entitled and bigoted. Grow up. My pride in my marriage and my wife has nothing to do with your feelings of inadequacy.

I am educated and proud of it. To some on the left that means I am a threat to their revisionist views and that makes me a fascist hater. Grow up. My pride in myself has nothing to do with your warped perception of society or your self imposed responsibility for defending the parts of it you agree with.

I am a gun owner and proud of it. To some on the left that means I am a violent would-be terrorist. Grow up. My desire and ability to protect myself and my family has nothing to do with your warped sense of civic duty.

I am Christian and proud of it. To some on the left that makes me one step shy of satan himself. Grow up. My faith has absolutely nothing to do with your fear, instability, or distrust in your fellow man.

I am free to make my own decisions without your approval or consent. I know, shocking right? Get over it. If you don't like my choices thats just too damn bad, isn't it? I owe you nothing.

Meet the mirror: I don't like your choices. Change or I will brand you with some unflattering title and smear your name in popular media. I will hold your reputation hostage until you recant your own personal views and opinions in favor of mine.

Just kidding - I'm not an anal retentive sociopath control freak trying to exert my will over people free to live their own lives. I lean to the right.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The shaming isn't working on you.

You must be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You forgot to add this to the start of your post.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh, grown up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Pride is a positive thing among all but patriots today. You can have a LBGTQRSTUVWXYZ Pride parade in any city, on any day, of any week. Try having a patriotic Pride parade. In the unlikely event of the authorities allowing it, you will be viciously assaulted by Antifa and termed Nazis by the media.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

We have patriotic pride parades every independence day, memorial day and veterans day.

Of what you meant was a white pride day, yeah that's gonna get squashed, and it should and you know why? It is the equivalent of throwing a swastika shaped flag supported by a middle finger to all non-white people.

You want a parade? Well the Irish have at parade (st paddies day), the Germans and Dutch have october fest (more than a parade it's a fing party) Hispanics have cinco demayo(spelling?)

Not part of those cultures? Oh well I'm sure you could find some suitable niche holiday to start a parade on....

Bastille day? Standard British holiday day, Mafioso day, ruskies and brewskies day where in mother Russia parade float rides you!.... But I digress

What do all of these holidays have in common? You don't have to be of the ancestory to celebrate, you can enjoy the culture and spectacle of it all and no one judged you for it.

But a white pride parade.... Nope no thanks what does that even celebrate? Are we talking Nordic white? Arian? Saxon? South African white?

White is an outdated term and as such should be retired, most people who claim to be white are just like every one else these days a grand mixture of races creeds and color all mixed in a big o'l see if DNA and Rna.

Me for what it's worth I'm an American born and raised. We as a country need to start thinking like this despite our differences in color, sexuality, religion or region.

By dividing ourselves into best little color coded and labeled groups we are much easier to control and steer where we are wanted not where we need to be.

On a parting note, just remember for every red blooded God fearing white man that stood against oppression and hate to defend our freedoms there was an equally heroic red blooded black, brown, yellow man/woman, straight/gay/confused, jewish/Muslim/Hindu/shiek/agnostic/ athiest/etc right there watching there six.

Good day
Crim

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

I agree in part, but when faced with BLM, which is generally considered a good thing, presenting the idea that WLM too is considered racist. THAT is why white pride must be maintained and defended. It is not racist, it is a form of self preservation. Not just of our lives, but our history, and our future and the future of our children.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As you say a white pride parade would get quashed. Would a black pride parade get quashed as well?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Answer me this what is white? Is it Nordic? Arian? Saxon? None of the above? All of the above?

While I will not go into BLM I will go into "black pride" of you will. It has a clear and distinct history stemming from the point that men women and children were brought to the colonies as slaves and the amalgam of cultural heritage that most African Americans look back to. Most cannot say my ancestors are from Nairobi or the Congo but they can definitively say my ancestors were slaves and as such it has become a cultural identity. Thusly I would say please celebrate your culture, embrace it as a part of who you are and where you and your people jave come from. Just as I would say that to an irishman, a Swede or German.

There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your culture and history, unless you are using said culture and history to demonize, hurt or hold another ethnicity back.

Hate begets hate, when we all learn and recognize that we are not white Americans, black americans, brown Americans but truly just Americans and can push beyond the veil of hate bigotry and suppression we will all prosper. When we can all stand u tied as one people in spite of our differences to rally around a singular cause of raising this great nation to a level of prosperity and enlightenment that is when America will be great. Until then we are spinning our wheels fighting our forefathers battles based on learned prejudice and hate for no other reason that "that fella look different".

We can all have our history it is where we came from, but I would rather have a future that I can be proud of, that I know is better than what I came from that is stronger and more resilient where I don't have to fear my kid getting mugged for his shoes, because instead of pushing each other down we are actively raising each other up.

Thanks for the read of my ramblings
Crim

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I will ask you the same question as I asked the other poster,

What is white?

Black is a culture along with a "race" there is a grounded and frankly tragic history to being an African American , and when you hear some one say black pride that is what they are referring to not Congo pride Zimbabwe pride, it's African American pride. it is the culture and history that has shaped there existence here for hundreds of years now.

So no a black pride parade wouldnt and shouldn't be squashed any more than an Irish parade on at pats day, or a Chinese parade on chineas new year they are in celebration of a cultural pride not some skewed notion of "white pride" as white is a joke of a term there are so many different "white" ancestories that no one white is the same. For Hitler it was blonde hair blue eyes pale skin, for the Irish it's red hair green eyes freckles and pale skin, to the Greeks it's brown hair, dark eyes and olive skin.

So what white are we talking about?

I mean I can't support Germanic pride as I'm not German, or Nordic pride as I'm not Nordic, I could support Irish pride or Celtic pride but who am I kidding I'm an American I support American pride I support what the founding fathers wrote, even if it is now out of context to there meaning, "all men are created equal"

Thanks again
Crim

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good for you. As long as you acknowledge the rights of others to be proud of what they are, even if it's different from you, don't discriminate against others because they are different, and don't believe those different from you should be eradicated or are below you on the food chain, you're just fine by me.

A vocal minority does not define you. You do that.

Live and let live. Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I hear what you are saying. I do. But most of what BLM refers to, and I think to a significant degree you as well, is slavery in the US and its lasting effects to which they attribute the persona of the south. I suggest that this is in fact a very selective view of a wide ranging event that demands the defense of white people.

The current population seems to view slavery as something inflicted solely on black people solely by white people. As such, it is viewed by them as a cultural responsibility to oppose white people and attack the monuments erected in "their" honor. In truth, slavery was anything but white people enslaving black people. There were white slaves, most notably the Irish, who were also slaves. History records that they received treatment that was often far worse than their black counterparts. History also records that black people sold their own into slavery. And further, history also records that the first slave owner recognized as such by the US government was a black man. If BLM is truly an extension of the anti-slavery movement then black people should be as angry at themselves as they are at white people and should also defend white people as much as they defend their own. But we see on a daily basis that is not the case.

620,000 people died in the civil war. Those monuments are dedicated to half of them - both black and white. And democrats should be railing against their removal since those generals of the south fought on the democrat side of the civil war.

I steadfastly maintain that saying all lives matter is not hate speech. Countering BLM with WLM is not hate speech. It is, in fact, the equality so many have been demanding for decades. And yet again, we see very clearly that the goal of these movements is not equality as advertised but rather revenge.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ahh but alas it's more than slave culture it is the whole hearted oppression of a whole subject of our population for hundreds of years, It is still on going today. Your facts about slavery are true as are your facts about the civil war. Whitewashing our nation's history is a travesty and should be avoided at all cost.

Saying all lives matter seems perfectly fine, saying white lives matter carries a connotation of hate regardless of meaning behind it when said. Thank your local klansman and Nazi for that one. It is the sad truth that a few people can ruin something for every one but it is the truth non the less.

I'm going to get flaked for this I'm sure but here it goes.

White privilege is real I have seen it with my own eyes, the sooner we come to understand this the sooner we can combat it and come to a point where every one regardless of ethnic coloring can scream ALL LIVES MATTER! And move away from this race based rubbish we have subjected ourselves to for hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I will answer your question. White built the civilised world as we know it and is a global minority.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

So you mean to tell me that not one person of color had any meaningful impact on our civilized world? Not 1?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

That is neither the intent or meaning of my reply, but if it suits you to extrapolate to the level absurdity, knock yourself out.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Well in the context of your post that is how it came across. It also missed the point of the question, what is white?

White is a color not a culture, the culture of a white Irishman is different than that of a white German or Swede or Russian .

Where as black in the context of this thread is African American a cultural identity of the masses of people brought to this land willingly or unwillingly. It is a shared heritage

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thing is there is no such thing as white culture, so its irrelevant.

Celebrate your ethnic or national background or something real.

But wtf is white, what did it ever do?

Or is this just knee jerk reactionaryism? Cos thats a bit bloody childish.

What is white culture, and what is it about it that is there to be proud of? Genuine, discussion opening question

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

I will answer your question. White built the civilised world as we know it and is a global minority.

Total bollocks. The civilised world as we know it? Go right ahead and define that, then have your point torn to sheds. Go on.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

A dictionary can provide you with the meaning and definition of civilised.
edit on 17-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join