It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory Of Woodwardjnr Our Blue Owl

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Nick was a wonderful and inspiring young man who touched the lives of many. It has been a year since we lost him and he found his wings to fly free. Love and miss you Nick, our dear blue owl.

It would be lovely if folks could perhaps leave a message on Nick's Mom wall here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=wall

Also please share your thoughts and memories in this thread in his honor.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Indeed Night, he was one of the good guys.

He helped many on this site with his wisdom ... beyond his years. He was obviously sent to make a difference, which he did with style and grace ...

We need more of his ilk among our ranks.

In memory of Woodwardjnr !!

Please raise a glass in remembrance of one of the ATS goodguys who made a difference and is remembered with fondness !!

To Nick !!

edit on 11-8-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sleep well buddy.. you have been missed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't know if it's just me, but I just tried leaving something on NicksMum's wall and nothing posted.

NicksMum, much love to you and the family and a great big hug!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ahh man.. no words.
what a nice post NightStar..
Fly free dear Woody..

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

No good here either ... the thought and good intent was there.

I hope Nick's Mom sees this ...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I remember him being a really good guy. There are members I skip over when I read a thread, but I always payed attention to his.

Miss that avatar being around.

Hope his family is as well as they can be with his loss.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hard to believe it's been a year. I still see avatars with owls in tribute and I can't imagine anyone more deserving. Speaking of owl avatars, being a research nerd, I tracked down woodward's last avatar. It's digital art from an artist at an outfit called Lantern Press. The artist is a young woman named Alix Branywyn (formerly Ashley Claypool it seems?).

She also did this pretty slick octopus in the same style which she describes:

For a new line at work, experimenting with a style similar to some band posters I saw for the Black Keys etc that looked that bits of paper made into a mosaic. These are pretty time consuming but fairly fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

No good here either ... the thought and good intent was there.

I hope Nick's Mom sees this ...

Don't worry, I sent her the link

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Rest In peace big man.

You were and will always be loved here and wherever you gave off your aura.

We miss you Woody.

Kindest respects.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I always though he was girl, the avatar threw me off...just shows never ever listen to what I say or think.

RIP nick.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Darn been a year already.
Top chap an inspiration to us all.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
He was truly one of a kind and will be missed by all.

From my heart to yours, may peace be with you always.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I was just thinking about Woody the other day .....I was thinking how there are some members on ATS who have always been kind and acted like mentors, and that Woody was one of those people. ...Although I did not know him personally, You could just tell he had a good soul..... he was different..... And when his avatar poped up in a thread, you Instantly got the feeling that it was being stepped up a notch... Like Someone just swooped in to help....He had a certain quality about him that cannot be replaced .....I can only imagine the heartfelt pain and emptiness those that knew him are going through. It's a void you can't fill. I will say a prayer and send hugs from afar.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Time passes but our memory lives on , Nick was an inspiration to many who followed his journey through his postings here , his bravery , courage and dignity set an example to us all.

12 months on we still remember Woodwardjnr with fondness and feel the sadness of his absence , he was our Blue Owl who showed wisdom beyond his years and a strength of character most , including myself , can only aspire to.

Thank you NicksMum for raising such a fine man and thank you Nick for being Woodwardjnr our wise Blue Owl.

RiP

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
From one mom to another,a big hug to you,Nick's Mom.I did not know him well as many others on this site did,but it is clear that you raised a remarkable and wonderful young man,who left a lasting and profound positive impression on many lives.I am so sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
All of Nick's advice still helps me cope, more so than ever. His journey will be an example for mine when it comes in 200 years.

Love to you Nick.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I love that you used my avatar!!!! He is indeed deeply missed!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My post ended up on NicksMum wall after all. Now there are a few because I didn't see anything posting right away. So...for anyone wishing to leave her a message it's working it just takes time.

Love all the heartfelt replies in here so far and hope more folks see this.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It's great to see a thread remembering someone who really drew people together.

This past year has seen many of us going through health scares or losing people we love; some of us are waiting for those metaphorical lights at the end of our tunnels. It's the same each year for everyone and we keep muddling through and getting around the next bend in the road. We're chasing rainbows or remembering better times.

I thought of posting some Alan Watts video and it'd be too trite and meaningless; he was a normal fella making the best of whatever he had. I think 'Woodwardjnr' was a uniting character who brought a lot of people together on ATS. He became a flag-bearer for 'love thy neighbour' and simply getting along with people despite our differences.

He was a good guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join