It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory Of Woodwardjnr Our Blue Owl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What a beautiful and heartfelt reply!

yes, there are so many members that have gone through or are currently facing health problems and losses in their lives, some that we may not even be aware of. Every day is a gift and a blessing.

I am ever so grateful for this site and it's amazingly wonderful community of people who make a real difference in our lives.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Night Star

Thank you so much, I must have been looking in the wrong place and I missed your message . It's been a tough and emotional week for us, perhaps more so than I expected. I'm generally not a great one for anniversaries etc, people seem to celebrate everything now! However as I say it's been tough. We go to see Nick most weeks, but instead of flowers from the garden, we took up some nice flowers and had lunch in his favourite pub, with his uncle and cousins.
I am going to try and send a photo for you.
I am so pleased to hear from you, and hope you are well. Thank you to you all for remembering Nick xxx

Wx
How do I add a photo?
edit on 15-8-2017 by NicksMum because: Question added

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I did thank you. It is so kind of you all to remember someone you have never met. It means the world to me xx
a reply to: Timely

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind words a lot of glasses were raised on 11th August, and will be in many years to come.
a reply to: Timely

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks, means a lot Xa reply to: Misterlondon

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks Starcrossed, wouldn't it be good to think he was a big wise owl flying free somewhere?a reply to: Starcrossd

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind words Domo , were are doing ok I think, many down moments, to be expected, but, you are right he was a good guy (not biased at all!) he was a great crusader for the underdog, and never had a bad word to say about anyone. I miss that about him most, I also listened to his opinion, usually made a lot of sense. Thanks again and hope you are well .xxa reply to: Domo1

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks for you kind words, and the information about the Blue Owl, we have a lovely replica of it that our niece had done for us. xxa reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks, that was quite an aura he gave off. Miss him terribly, but they say time heals. Lets wait and see. xx
a reply to: Lagomorphe

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Intersesting that you originally thought he was a girl. He was certainly in touch with his feminine side, and loved women.Thanks for remembering him xxa reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A year already, I know hard to believe! Thanks fro you lovely words. Miss him so much xx
a reply to: testingtesting

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Missed so much, thank you for remembering him XXa reply to: LookingForABetterLife

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your lovely words, and remembering Nick. Life is hard without him xxa reply to: Meldionne1

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NicksMum

We will meet him in the next life he owes me a few beers
take care and good on you bringing up such a decent chap.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thank you for remembering Nick. It's hard losing a child, there's no doubt about that, but everyones lovely comments mean a lot to us, Thank you XXa reply to: Raxoxane

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi, Thank you for remembering Nick, and so pleased you managed to help each other through your challenging journeys. I hope are stable at the moment, I have thought about you many times over the last 12 months. My thoughts will always be with you, as I know you meant so much to Nick XXa reply to: Kali74

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi, What lovely words you have said about Nick, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. He was a lovely man and we miss him so much. Thanks again, XXa reply to: Meldionne1

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind words, and I hope that all of you who are suffering and going through your own struggles are coping as best you can. It's strange you use the phrase " Light at the end of the tunnel" , it was the first thing Nick said when he came round from his first op 14 years ago, that he could see no light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps after a few years he would have said he found some light, but much darkness too. Having said that he never complained. Thanks again XXa reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NicksMum

I'm just really glad you came through here and found that he's still fondly remembered. He left a large impression on members and the feeling was reciprocated. Not everyone gets to make a difference to people and he clearly did. A credit to you and your family and an example for those who are passing through their own 'tunnels.'

Thanks for the kind words.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Can you or someone else let NicksMum know how to upload pics in here. If I try to explain, I'll have it all screwed up for sure. LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join