It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Help Trump at Midterms?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have been disappointed with the support that Trump has been receiving from Republicans in Congress. I know he is trying to get things done that will positively affect me and my family and focusing on issues that actually matter to me like the economy instead of useless things like identity politics and political correctness.

Obviously the Democrats are going to continue to be worthless and try to impede Trump's agenda, but how do we send a message to Republicans to get off their asses and start supporting THEIR President and doing what the people put them in power to do?

I am sick of the do nothing Congress and want to see Trump's agenda promoted.

How do we make this happen other than writing our Congressmen?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Pushing for congressional term limits. Both sides are raking it in and all you have to do is look at how the ACA votes went down. I know this doesn't answer your question but it seems to be the logical step.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Maybe bribe Muller to pretend like he didn't collude with Russia???

Spit up the nuclear authority so it's got more than one guy in the decision process??

Actually do all the trade import taxing he claimed he would do..

Healthcare for all as he claimed he would do...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Pushing for congressional term limits. Both sides are raking it in and all you have to do is look at how the ACA votes went down. I know this doesn't answer your question but it seems to be the logical step.

Maybe getting Trump to Tweet about term limits would help raise awareness that these crooks are there for themselves. He could even post their individual net worths on a time line if he think that'd help.

But let's face it, these ARE scum were dealing with. Theres no way they vote for that against themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It would require a constitutional amendment. One that I think would pass, even in a country as divided as ours at this point in time. This in conjunction with tax reform would propel Trump, perhaps even into some progressives.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If you want to help him, vote DEM. The Republicans clearly can't get anything done AT ALL. They are a broken, fragmented party. They've gerrymandered their districts to the point that little enclaves of politicians who can't lose now exist, and they will not work toward mutually agreeable goals with the rest of their party.

Of course, there is the little problem that a DEM Congress will probably impeach Trump and remove him from office. But let's be honest. At this rate, there's a real good chance that's going to happen regardless of which party controls Congress, whether he colluded with Russia or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So far you are the only one with good advice.

I asked for advice on how to HELP TRUMP not get him less support.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
He's the leader of the party. It's his job to get them to support him.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I hear ya. Congress is the problem (when have they been the solution?) for Trump. He can't get the D's to the table..even when using their bills. Fire all of them, they don't represent the people or America interests.

That done would help Trump. Other than that, he's going to do what he wishes to do.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
If you want to help him, vote DEM. The Republicans clearly can't get anything done AT ALL. They are a broken, fragmented party. They've gerrymandered their districts to the point that little enclaves of politicians who can't lose now exist, and they will not work toward mutually agreeable goals with the rest of their party.

Of course, there is the little problem that a DEM Congress will probably impeach Trump and remove him from office. But let's be honest. At this rate, there's a real good chance that's going to happen regardless of which party controls Congress, whether he colluded with Russia or not.

Voting Dem won't help Trump or his agenda.

You may have missed the point of my OP...do you have anything to add that would actually help him accomplish his agenda?

We already know Democrats won't help.
edit on 2017/8/9 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Everytime mentioned, I am amused by the idea that the "worthless" democrats have to help Trump.

They don't have to. It is not their politics, they are the opposition. They have every right to point out flaws and misdoings by the government.

The republicans don't want to follow their political leader? Did you ask "why not"?
Because that will give you a clue about what is going wrong in your country. The acting party is deeply divided, and that didn't happen with Trumps inauguration, but long before that.

Normally, I would give no f***s about the local politics of any other country, but the USA is big enough to care about. China, Russia, you don't hear about local problems besides the obvious (corruption, "wrong" kind of government, etc).

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Republicans passing a middle-class tax cut would help A LOT. Democrat leaders, in concert with the Liberal MSM, are also helping.

link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Trump has an agenda of putting America first which the Globalists in Congress don't like. That is the truth of what is happening here. We need to get him help to push forward.

Do you have any ideas to help Trump?

link   
How can you help, vote the Emperor Snowflake out of office. This will do wonders for his well being as well as America's. It's a win/win scenario.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Remember the public vote? Trump does not represent the people, as he didn't get the majority of votes. It is a broken system which lead to Trump as president.

How is the congress being voted? Aren't those citizens who were voted directly from their states' people?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Republicans passing a middle-class tax cut would help A LOT. Democrat leaders, in concert with the Liberal MSM, are also helping.

I completely agree.

Term limits and tax cuts will help, but the problem is he can't do any of it with all the Globalist a-holes in Congress. We need to send a message to Congress without making it worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
How can you help, vote the Emperor Snowflake out of office. This will do wonders for his well being as well as America's. It's a win/win scenario.

You missed the point of my thread.

If you don't like Trump then start your own thread or post in any number of threads by other members like yourself. We are looking for ways to HELP Trump here.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

If you want to help him, vote DEM.

If that statement wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
We want to help Trump make the country better, not flush it farther down the sh!tter by voting Demwits.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: JinMI

Remember the public vote? Trump does not represent the people, as he didn't get the majority of votes. It is a broken system which lead to Trump as president.

How is the congress being voted? Aren't those citizens who were voted directly from their states' people?

Public as in popular? Meaningless

Trump does represent the people, now until his term ends. It should be the same for congress.

At some point, they were voted in. Ideals change, perspective change, pocket change. The people should have a voice to cast them out should they fail to represent them.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

If you want to help him, vote DEM.

If that statement wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
We want to help Trump make the country better, not flush it farther down the sh!tter by voting Demwits.

The truth is, the country will be better if our politicians govern toward the middle. Unfortunately, political discourse in this country has driven the most vocal among us (especially on the internet) into camps of Left or Right. Our politicians are following suit, especially in the ultra-gerrymandered districts where they only cater to conservatives.

Purple districts have been gerrymandered practically out of existence.

The real solution to this is to end closed primaries and put an end to politically motivated districting.

But if that can't happen, at least a DEM Congress would be forced to put together more "middle of the road" legislation if they wanted Trump to sign it.

In a less partisan world, anyway. To be honest, I'm not sure it's even possible in this environment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join