It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Help Trump at Midterms?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I know he is trying to get things done that will positively affect me and my family and focusing on issues that actually matter to me

And you know this how?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have been disappointed with the support that Trump has been receiving from Republicans in Congress. I know he is trying to get things done that will positively affect me and my family and focusing on issues that actually matter to me like the economy instead of useless things like identity politics and political correctness.

Obviously the Democrats are going to continue to be worthless and try to impede Trump's agenda, but how do we send a message to Republicans to get off their asses and start supporting THEIR President and doing what the people put them in power to do?

I am sick of the do nothing Congress and want to see Trump's agenda promoted.

How do we make this happen other than writing our Congressmen?

The only thing his supporters can directly do is vote out these corrupt do nothing establishment Republicans and vote in some new fresh faces that are supportive of Trump's agenda in 2018. Another thing to do is push for new leadership in the Republican Party like pressuring Ryan to step down as well as McConnell.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hopefully he will also be on trial by then and we won't have to worry about it.

edit on 892017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
a reply to: Dudemo5

They had the option to repeal, they voted not to. That was what they were supposed to do.

They really showed their true colors. So now we have a better idea of who is honest.

I'd like to see Trump (and Rand Paul) get involved with picking replacements for anyone up for reelection. That's the only way I would really get motivated. Right now, I assume all candidates are corrupt and looking for a payday at our expense. I'm not very enthusiastic to throw my vote in as a crap shoot.

Trump promised a repeal and replace. The people in their districts did not want the replacements they came up with, and they didn't want the straight repeal either.

They were listening to their constituents.

Maybe they could come up with a plan their constituents want, but I find this to be unlikely given the ham-handed nonsense they came up with this time around.

No, they weren't. Where do you get that from? Three Senators including McCain were the ones who shot down the latest attempt. Theyve been getting elected based on repeal and replace and never delivered. The problem is that these establishment people are beholden to various lobbyists and special interest that they want to keep certain parts of Obamacare. This is not for their constituents.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Hopefully he will also be on trial by then and we won't have to worry about it.

For breaking which laws.....specifically.

Keep your hope.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Trump is out for himself only. There's nothing that is ever going to propelling him towards greatness. He's a selfish child who only cares about how things look. Not how things are.
He wants your adoration. He just doesn't want to earn it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You've got to break your agenda down into smaller parts, and concentrate on achieving one thing at a time.

For example, what's the top three specific things that Trump will do to help you and your family?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Obstruction of justice.
Probably collusion with a foreign government to adversely effect our election process.
Money laundering for the Kremlin.
Tax evasion.
But most likely the first one.
You'll see.
And it won't be too long.
We're in the second inning now.
You'd know this if you didn't watch fake news.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If you want to help him, vote DEM. The Republicans clearly can't get anything done AT ALL. They are a broken, fragmented party. They've gerrymandered their districts to the point that little enclaves of politicians who can't lose now exist, and they will not work toward mutually agreeable goals with the rest of their party.

Of course, there is the little problem that a DEM Congress will probably impeach Trump and remove him from office. But let's be honest. At this rate, there's a real good chance that's going to happen regardless of which party controls Congress, whether he colluded with Russia or not.

Really stupid advise for the original post. The Democrats are actually worse off than Repiblicans. They are leaderless, have no message, no power, their leaders are complete messes and they are leaning more and more left. The actually trend is that more moderate Democrats are shifting to Republican. Trumps not getting impeached and even if he was, he can still stay in office. So you pretty much don't know what you are talking g about.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ok, obstruction. By firing comedy? Hint, he was not part of the investigation. Next.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

He needs to help himself see he's supposed to be our servant.
But he keeps acting like he's the boss and we work for him.
He's got it bass akwards.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Get the President to tweet about the need for a new Constitutional Convention, where things like term limits can be written into the Constitution without the need for a single vote from Congress. The States can propose the amendment and immediately ratify it. If Trump can convince enough States to call one, he can defeat an obstructionist Congress easily.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Rather than Democrat this or Republican that, liberal this or conservative that ...

Trump (as an Independent) should expose all lobbyist funding prior to the 2018 and 2020 voting cycle.

Blow the lid off the whole system. "Deroof" it as a doctor would say to a patient so that it has a chance to heal properly.

By doing so candidates would RUN from some of the funding they have been quick to accept in the past and would not be as beholden and indebted to individuals and corporations.

At the very least it would allow Americans an informed vote as to who they were allowing to represent them.

I know the "NASCAR" meme is used jokingly often on the net but very much has become what we have in the halls of American politics. If Americans were told who was funding their candidates, we could at least agree/disagree with these sponsors as individuals.

Trump by exposing all politicians (including himself) would either be voted out by his own for his acceptance of funding, or he would be seen as a hero for finally telling the truth to the world. His enemies (not opponents) are always going to see the worst in him, but they will be too busy explaining their own funding to come after him as hard.

win/win

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If your local rep did not vote to repeal ACA then do not vote for them under any circumstance. Feel free to E-mail or call your local rep and specifically tell them why you will not vote for them.

Then vote for a challenger of the same party or a 3rd party candidate.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

"" How Can We Help Trump at Midterms? ""

The Democrat organizations will provide the most help.

They always have.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Give him a free pass on Russia, Comey, Flynn, his health plan he said was going to be better, that would cover all, and all of the lies he has told over and over again. Even taking credit for things the Obama Admin did at his rally's. NO! Also for the record, in previous posts I have provided detailed, multipul links and sources on all of this, I am not doing it today.
edit on 9-8-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Keep congress in session without a break until they actually get something done.

On a side note, the signal-to-noise ratio in this thread by the "I hate Trump" union perfectly demonstrates why it's do difficult to get anything done.

Even after the OP asked folks to stay on topic several times.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
imo...

Trump is a lost cause. All that covfefe has affected his cognitive ability to actually lead. And the constant insults to his own party isn't helping him lead the nation.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Maybe just once you should think about a way to Help the People rather than some elitist Puppet of the Oligarch.

I know it sounds crazy but you can do it if you try.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
a reply to: Dudemo5

They had the option to repeal, they voted not to. That was what they were supposed to do.

They really showed their true colors. So now we have a better idea of who is honest.

I'd like to see Trump (and Rand Paul) get involved with picking replacements for anyone up for reelection. That's the only way I would really get motivated. Right now, I assume all candidates are corrupt and looking for a payday at our expense. I'm not very enthusiastic to throw my vote in as a crap shoot.

Trump promised a repeal and replace. The people in their districts did not want the replacements they came up with, and they didn't want the straight repeal either.

They were listening to their constituents.

Maybe they could come up with a plan their constituents want, but I find this to be unlikely given the ham-handed nonsense they came up with this time around.

No, they weren't. Where do you get that from? Three Senators including McCain were the ones who shot down the latest attempt. Theyve been getting elected based on repeal and replace and never delivered. The problem is that these establishment people are beholden to various lobbyists and special interest that they want to keep certain parts of Obamacare. This is not for their constituents.

Yeah, lobbyists have too much influence, but it's absolutely the truth that Congress received tons of heat from actual constituents because they did not want the ACA repealed without a suitable replacement, and what they came up with wasn't suitable.

Where did I come up with it? I mean Christ, you'd have to live in a bubble universe not to be aware of it.

As far as McCain tanking the last vote, you can bet he agreed to be the fall guy so no one else would have to go on the record. Because while being the guy responsible for failing to make good on 7 years worth of promises looks BAD, being the guy who let the bill pass looks worse once everyone realizes their benefits have been stripped away.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join