It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So They Showed Up In Orbit - What Do We Do Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That doesn't make any sense.

A 3D carbon printer could theoretically create anything out of simple matter found anywhere in the galaxy.

They'd have no reason to expend energy to get here to do something that would be done at their home solar system.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Scenario One: It's a probe!

This is actually the most likely scenario. Advanced probes with a vast array of instruments, sensors, and communications equipment is what I would send out ahead of a populated mission.

Scenario Three: It's a colony ship

This is a close second in the likely category. Most species advanced enough to develop this level of technology are doing so out of need. The galaxy is a chaotic place. Any number of natural or species-made disaster could drive an alien civilization to create a generation ship for the purposes of interstellar colonization. If they showed up here, it would be because they'd have no choice. Not rendering help, in this situation, could seriously hamper us as a species. The technological advancement from being able to study the ship alone would be enormous.

Scenario Two: It's manned. They are explorers or scouts

This is the third most likely scenario, but it is a distant third. Exploration is far more likely than scouting missions that could be better left to AI probes like the ones in your first scenario. But a species that could go on such exploratory missions would be very rare indeed.

Scenario Four: Say Hello To Our Overlords

Least likely. Space is vast. Even if there is such a species they are probably as rare, or more so than the explorers. It takes a certain level of moral, ethical, and social advancement to be able to produce the resources necessary for interstellar travel. This, of course, does not have to be a rule. However, Kardashev-Scale civilizations tend to require high degrees of these tenets to reach the level of advancement needed for such civilizations to exist at all. These types of people would more likely ignore us than attempt to enslave or destroy us.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

1 would think the more advanced-matured CREATOR Creations would of learned some of the truths about the life and death phases within Existence. And how displacement of energy can cause the same energy to displace them.

With these learnings or awareness it seems they would come to understanding of what is called Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy here and how it can move through existence.
Sometimes in cycles.
Cycles that may return karmic energy back upon those who thought at some periods they were rulers and conquerors of others in the material-physical realm yet over time turning them the rulers into the ruled over eventually in the metaphysical...

So if they are a mature advanced CREATOR Creations Energy group that has studied and mastered the understanding of the metaphysical paranormal and physical dimensions of existence. And learned how certain activities from CREATOR Creations individually or in mass in one dimension may affect them in another dimension, then they should ultimately know what the outcome of malevolent activities may/would be...

If they are not that far advanced in their awareness though they may demonstrate intelligence or comprehensive abilities they may not be impossible to defend against even if the odds say different...

If there was a probe(s) detected, send up evaluation, observation, scan & study unmanned probes. Observe the responses if any between them.

If they are explorers seeking to make contact, pick a space based primary meeting location where humans and them can meet directly eventually after indirect visual communications have been established and scientific biological information is shared between them and humans to make sure it is even safe for direct communications.
Build a multi joint project space base somewhere...

If it is a colony ship follow same procedures as if they were explorers.

With additional information requests of their on board population and weapons types and grades if possible, the resources they require in a EA*RTH year to sustain themselves and what if any resources are they looking to possibly obtain from EA*RTH or from the SOL System why present. And how long do they seek to be present. Also are they refugees...

If they are rulers seeking to take over and do as they wish as if to say they are permitted to do what they want, reference Star systems defence protocol and prepare to defend.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
A probe? We're assuming that it'd be public knowledge? Some would panic, and announce the end is nigh. Some would attempt to take advantage in some form. Most, I think, would be more likely to think things just got interesting, and then go about their day...what else is there to do, really? I'd be in the third group. Bills still gotta be paid, food put on the table, life goes on.

A scout ship, with aliens aboard her? HOLY HASHTAG!!! I suspect that govts might try to deny it, but it's kinda hard to deny it when all one needs to do is look up. They might try to destroy it, as a threat to their power bases, but then there would be a backlash against them. Is there a person on Earth that hasn't, at some point, looked up at the night sky and wondered, among all that beauty, are there other people looking back? I know I have. For the govt. to even think of destroying it would cause me to become very angry...me, I don't really give a flyin' about me, I can take care of myself. But aliens who have come, hopefully, with peaceful intent to be killed via ambush because "they" are worried they may present a "danger to us"? Where the Hell has all this concern been before now? I doubt I'd be alone in that rage.

A colony ship? Depends upon where they want to set up. Here? No. Sorry, no room at the inn. Next planet out is pretty empty, should they attempt to land anyway? I suppose it would depend upon their intent. If they're friends, well we'll welcome them with caution. If they're prospective Alien Overlords?

Welcome to our Alien Overlords. It's on. Win or lose, many would fight--I would. Quisling just isn't in my nature. I may very well lose, so be it. We're assuming, of course, that they want the world as intact as possible, otherwise what's the point?? So we fight. If there's one thing Man is good at, it's fighting. We're a predator species of the apex variety, and a warrior species. To stand a chance against what is a technologically superior enemy no one gets to sit out the fight. 'course, just because they have interstellar capabilities, doesn't necessarily follow that everything else is superior...

Harry Turtledove.

Anyway, regardless of which scenario were to happen, our little world would change in ways we probably can't begin to foresee.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Lol so 1st thing... If they wanted us dead we'd be dead... And if they're evil we target them with nukes lolz. a reply to: eriktheawful

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
We'd want to determine intent. Hostile or peaceful. Purpose of visit? Appearance of creatures. If they are hot ladies from the planet without men, they might have arrived and are looking for me and other men. I had a dream where I visited a planet full of hot women and they really liked me a lot.

If they are non humanoid, they may be hostile or simply think we are like rats in the sewer.

Another possibility is that they used to live here many thousands of years ago or even millions of years ago but left before an asteroid devastated the planet. In that case, we hope they are peaceful.

If they are a scout ship as in the movie Battleship, we do not want them communicating back to their home planet or fleet. We will need to neutralize them and prepare to fight future scouts or fleets building up our own fleets to fight back and defend our home world.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: seeker1963

Well, with the colony ship idea, my thoughts tend to turn towards the movies "Alien Nation" and "District 9"

Of course there is another scenario that I thought of: they showed up to warn us of someone or something else on the way.

I could see them going: What? What do you mean you stopped spending money on your space programs? You don't have a way to escape? Well, we did warn you.......guess it sucks to be you guys when the alien Grey Goo shows up and destroys your world. Bye.

This reminds me of a twighlight episode I saw. These aliens come here and deem mankind not worthy. They say they are going to destroy us well the leaders say we can prove we our worthy. So they get all the world leaders together outlawing war and plan to get rid of all the militaries. They show the UN saying we finally have world peace. The aliens return they show them the peace treaty and getting rid of militaries.

The alien starts laughing he said you miss understood us. We are in a war we need planets that can fight nit ones that make peace. You have 1 hour before we destroy the planet.

In this they assumed the aliens were peace loving and benevolent. I see many here have thr same idea. In truth that probably won't be thr case. All we can hope is they see us as enough of a threat that they fear an all out conflict. If not they will just scoop us up for pets or maybe food.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No clue. It would depend on the environments they came from. Just look at life as we know it; there's microscope lifeforms and there were dinosaurs over 130ft long. And that's just under earthly conditions.

From that perspective, I don't see why everyone seems to assume that ET's would be primate sized. Even with primates, there was a 10 ft ape called Gigantopithecus. So when I consider a situation like the OP, I try to think of more possibilities than the constantly repeated stuff mentioned in Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
We'd want to determine intent. Hostile or peaceful. Purpose of visit? Appearance of creatures. If they are hot ladies from the planet without men, they might have arrived and are looking for me and other men. I had a dream where I visited a planet full of hot women and they really liked me a lot.

If they are non humanoid, they may be hostile or simply think we are like rats in the sewer.

Another possibility is that they used to live here many thousands of years ago or even millions of years ago but left before an asteroid devastated the planet. In that case, we hope they are peaceful.

If they are a scout ship as in the movie Battleship, we do not want them communicating back to their home planet or fleet. We will need to neutralize them and prepare to fight future scouts or fleets building up our own fleets to fight back and defend our home world.

Yea, but what if they consumed their mate after reproduction? Doesn't the praying mantis do that?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A good post...probable.... Maybe mining, seeking a mineral that is scarce to them, not us. They could be interested in our flora, bacteria...Curiosity alone is enough.

What else but to explore! If you have that advanced a technology then exploring is all that is left.

The sorry condition of our planet is enough to document and relay back to their civilization. They have probably tried to help us over many 1000's of years....We don't see the big picture on our own p[lanet much less would we see in another galaxy.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Beautiful thank you. It will give me something to think and read that's for sure.
Lovely thread.

But I'm quite surprised nobody mentioned *winkwink you know Planet X. What if that's a slow gravity pulling manifestation from folding spacetime, first comes the gravity, then the neutrinos, then electro magnetism, slowly more and more light frequencies etc, to them it's an instant we watch them show up from "beaming" a whole ship for years.

Suddenly the thing manifests a huge spaceship called USS Eldridge....

edit on 5-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Suddenly the thing manifests a huge spaceship called USS Eldridge....

That would be fun.

In the same light ... what if ... a big space ship suddenly appears called

'Heaven 01.'

With an avian species at the helm no less.

Lol

P

edit on 5/8/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2017 by pheonix358 because: This has been filled out.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Also lovely. Or blue people with six arms with shivas grandson.
The ship is called "svarg ke dvaar"
The Vimāna
edit on 5-8-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Id get in shape and sleep with tons of alien babes, then realize I contracted alien clap after a 12 month stint. Ah yes, what a year.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Also lovely. Or blue people with six arms with shivas grandson.
The ship is called "svarg ke dvaar"
The Vimāna

Crap ... next you will invite the Viking Hordes from Valhalla.

Yo Thor, how's it going mate!

Next, eight ships turn up, each one for someones religion, it was all a bet to see how many believers they could get after two thousand years.

Buddha wins.

P

edit on 5/8/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Zeus wins.
It was a bet to see if they could find one decent human on earth.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Awesome thread.

I think that they would see us the way that we look at a cat or dog.

If they are so far advanced that they can travel through the cosmos between solar systems, which implies some pretty epic technology. And yet we are still fiddling about trying to figure out fusion and how to send a man to mars. I don't think they would think much of us.

So either they would ignore the primitive species, study us or they would just destroy us, figuring "this is a pretty planet lets remove the natives and build some vacation homes".

Like I said really cool thread

S&F

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Advanced societies tend to enslave/eliminate more primitive societies.

If advanced aliens show up... pray that you are cute enough to be a pet...

S&F for the Mars Attacks reference...

Correction: Advanced HUMAN societies tend to exploit or eliminate more primitive societies...we have a sample size of exactly one species with which to base this assumption on, that's quite unscientific and offers no real evidence that any ET society would follow our primitive behaviour towards other societies, especially when the potential numbers of advanced ET societies could number in the billions.

Add in that if the 1000's of years worth of UFO and ET interaction reports (gods, teachers from the stars, etc.) are even 1% accurate, at least the advanced societies that have come to visit certainly do not behave like Humanity in that respect...we're still here, and doing our thing. IMO, that must tell us something about their attitudes about domination and violence if nothing else.

As per the OP though, i would assume if their technological level is slightly more advanced than ours, IOW is still recognisable as technology, and doesn't appear to us to be fantastic or magic or 'godly' let's say, then i would go for a colony ship, or a fleet of ships as a likely scenario.

They may have constructed a fleet of generational starships, or their tech could allow them to sleep most of the journey, as in suspended animation. They could have scanned our sector of space for habitable worlds perhaps 1000's of years ago, and discovered Earth to be a perfect world for their species...back then, they would have detected no electronic emissions coming from this system, no orbiting satellites, no radio broadcasts, and possibly concluded this was just an uninhabited planet, at least one with no advanced life living here, which they could colonise and set off long ago to arrive here now.

As soon as they entered the system, they would quickly realise that there is advanced life here, perhaps their onboard computers would have alerted them and awoken them early with the news.

I'd imagine our leaders, upon detecting their ships arriving at the edge of our system would keep it a top secret, and send probes to investigate. Depending on the colony ships reaction to the probes, and whether or not communications were established with the colonists, would dictate our next move...whether we would welcome them or not depends on a lot of factors.

Are they of similar appearance to our species or is their physical form abhorrent to us (and ours to them)..are they benign or belligerent...if they immediately destroyed our probes, it could mean they thought they were under attack, and defended their ships, or it could mean they are hostile and mean to take our world by force.

Could we learn from them, i believe so, regardless of what happened next, it's certain they'd have much we could benefit from, technology, biology, even in pure existential terms we'd learn a lot.

There are many factors that would influence how things went down..but whatever would, it's a fairly safe bet that the majority of Humanity would be kept in the dark for as long as possible.

edit on 5 8 2017 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's all pretty farfetched. If our solar system had visitors, I'd expect them to stop by Jupiter to re-fuel (and that need seems to be a huge stretch). It's doubtful there's anything else they'd want in this neck of the woods.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

in my best stephen hawking voice,

place your head between your knees, an..an..and kiss your a@@ goodbye.

"We don't know much about aliens, but we know about humans. If you look at history, contact between humans and less intelligent organisms have often been disastrous from their point of view, and encounters between civilizations with advanced versus primitive technologies have gone badly for the less advanced. A civilization reading one of our messages could be billions of years ahead of us. If so, they will be vastly more powerful, and may not see us as any more valuable than we see bacteria."
Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking: Intelligent Aliens Could Destroy Humanity, But Let's Search Anyway

check out part of the interview in the

edit on 5-8-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join