It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So They Showed Up In Orbit - What Do We Do Now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Great thread - If I saw those in LEO or the atmosphere I would sh"t myself -

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well, with the colony ship idea, my thoughts tend to turn towards the movies "Alien Nation" and "District 9"

Of course there is another scenario that I thought of: they showed up to warn us of someone or something else on the way.

I could see them going: What? What do you mean you stopped spending money on your space programs? You don't have a way to escape? Well, we did warn you.......guess it sucks to be you guys when the alien Grey Goo shows up and destroys your world. Bye.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Great thread, makes me wanna pull out the Fire Fly collection

edit on 4/8/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'll check back in the thread in the morning. Late here and I have to carry my old body to bed.

BTW - I'd love to hear any other scenarios too.

One thing ATS members have: HUGE imaginations. Y'all come up with things I'd never dream of!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: seeker1963

Well, with the colony ship idea, my thoughts tend to turn towards the movies "Alien Nation" and "District 9"

Of course there is another scenario that I thought of: they showed up to warn us of someone or something else on the way.

I could see them going: What? What do you mean you stopped spending money on your space programs? You don't have a way to escape? Well, we did warn you.......guess it sucks to be you guys when the alien Grey Goo shows up and destroys your world. Bye.

Yea, bottom line, I would be paranoid. Also, considering how our media is today, imagine how they could steer us as a society if these aliens somehow made deals with our governments? I edited in to my reply about the television series "V" in case you missed my edit.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I say send it in to warner brothers. It's a great movie script

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would think the world powers would be trying to figure out a way to exploit this new arrival.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It would be a negative gain to expend energy to travel somewhere simply to expend more energy and destroy a planet or a species.

Unless they're xenophobes.

Then we're just ####ed.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Oddly enough I never really buy into the warning scenarios. Why be so concerned our planet is doomed unless there's some hidden reason they need it, like their own planet has been irretrievably doomed or already lost and these were the escapees. We too must flee our planet in the future. By the time that happens the idea of using Mars will be a long gone idea. We will have learned how to travel further with less risk involved. I doubt we do it to help others, we only help ourselves.

If these invaders are that far advanced they are perhaps just machines or AI's. They will have thought out the defence strategies knowing full well we like to fire first and ask questions later.

I just don't see them being friendly. We tend to reject foreign objects and they likely do as well.

Other than that I don't know how first contact will go. I suspect we'll not be informed by our governments. However the sky observers will know and leak this info.

Another thing if they send this one probe or mother ship, it wasn't the first. There were others we just missed.

edit on 5-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they're xenophobes, then there are far easier ways to destroy us than by showing up.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I love this thread.

I just saw the movie "Contact" again, and so this is totally right up there in my consciousness!

So they have picked up our transmissions and know there is some kind of technologically oriented beings here on this small backwater planet slinging around a modest star. So they first send a probe via technology we are unaware of to the edge of our galaxy, first, to monitor our further transmissions. As the probe nears, drawing ever closer in to the living world, it deciphers language, biology, and tries to make sense out of the bombardment of cultures, ideas, stories, ideologies, and history represented in those transmissions.

They learn a lot.

They decide that since we are primitive enough to find their technology "magical" that they will set up a station around the solar system, but on the fringes and take jaunts to the planet for research and development at will. The station might be eventually "discovered" but would be large enough to seem like a new, previously unknown planet. This base would become a spaceport for an advanced multi-species coalition, housing mother-ships and science vessels from various older and wiser species.

This coalition would be able to fly small craft into the atmosphere of this watery world, set up remote stations beneath the surface of the ocean or other uninhabited places, and remain undetected. Scientific missions would abound! These "human's" as they called themselves, would be examined, and watched. An "Earth Ark" would be established with multiple samples of DNA of as many living creatures as possible, as well as plants and seeds, and bacterium and viruses.

Will they blow themselves up? Should we stop them if they do?

The coalition works while the "humans" remain largely oblivious. They are not ready for interspecies connections as a whole culture, and revealing themselves to the "humans" is deemed inappropriate, believing that mass hysteria and panic would ensue.

They wait patiently to see if this beautiful, beleaguered world, with its polluting, often warmongering inhabitants, will ever evolve to the point where true contact can be made.

It is determined that a hybrid program should be established using near-human DNA descendants of the original seed-race of the earth, though whomever did the "seeding" is long gone -- no one knows why there are multiple similar, if not nearly identical, races, as well as many other non-related types.

The hybrid program is initiated with the intention that the hybrids could eventually advance the human race, and to create beings that can handle the conditions of the planet with ease. Hybrids will become the interface, eventually, should these "humans" ever get to the point of being able to handle a peaceful meeting with the advanced civilizations that lay scattered like rare and precious jewels amongst the vast unwinding immensity of space, who are ready to include them in the community of species.

That's my take on it. Thanks for a fun thread and thought experiment!!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
REPORT ON PLANET EARTH.

Scout ship 6584 has investigated this world.

It is a ball of mud that changes to a frozen ball of mud with gay abandon.

All of the tech we have encountered thus far is based on turning a shaft. They have taken it to extra-ordinary levels.

It does have one very interesting feature. The dominant species are in constant warfare ... and they are good at killing each other.

We recommend contact. We can recruit 1 Billion people immediately to swell the ranks of the Galactic Empire's Army. They have such a propensity to procreate that they can ... on their own ... ensure a constant stream of great warriors no matter our losses.

Their are 8 Billion of them and all can be trained as soldiers.

Lastly, they are easy to control. BTW, send us about 1000 tons of gold, 99.99% purity is all they require.

End Report.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

It would be a negative gain to expend energy to travel somewhere simply to expend more energy and destroy a planet or a species.

That's assuming they saw us as something that deserved to live. If they saw us the same way humans see roaches, rats, snakes, or moles, I could easily see them wiping us out like we would wipe out any pest infestation. Humans don't try to negotiate with mice, flies, or ants; we simply kill them and go on with our business.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well, the idea of not showing your face until you know what you are dealing with, may be a universal stealthy move. You have a few options: You enter in the direction of the Sun, as it is very difficult to observe an object heading towards Earth from that direction. You have notice that the moon has a 1:1 orbital relationship with Earth, so the other side of the moon is never seen by Earth... you park yourself there for a while, probably close to the perimeter. You also notice we do not populate our poles very well, so you go there , preferably the south pole because it is more stable. The same would go for our deep oceans. We have never seen 90% of those deep chasms. A good place to hang out.

They could be under our very noses, and we would barely sneeze.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

That's assuming they saw us as something that deserved to live. If they saw us the same way humans see roaches, rats, snakes, or moles, I could easily see them wiping us out like we would wipe out any pest infestation. Humans don't try to negotiate with mice, flies, or ants; we simply kill them and go on with our business.

There are far better energy efficient ways to destroy a planet that visiting it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The governments of the worlds would attack. Average people would not have say in it. Military would get the okay. Officials high and low would die in the new pecking order.
Alien weapons would be reverse engineered the battle would continue. We will create a conspiracy theory on ATS about it. Blame everyone else ...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Scenario Three: It's a colony ship

So, who are they? Well let's go with the remains of a vast civilisation that was quite evil in that they were Controlers who developed in two directions.

1. The Science of Control where remote control technology is used to control everything and everyone.

2. The Science of Possession where invading other Beings and possessing them is used to gain abilities and power.

That the controllers were wiped out by their slaves who found a way to rebel.

Now, it is the former slaves who are here in the colony ship(s).

They are not ordinary slaves of a conquered race, they are all organic designer life-forms. Human stock was used to grow them. They are all female simply as a control measure.

They have libraries full of knowledge beyond comprehension, organic technology, and can create males if they want.

What they don't have is an independent society.

They have looked upon earth for a long time and see the family as a wonderful thing. The males provide and protect. The females bear children and nourish the family. A wonderfulll thing in their eyes. They want it all, the romance, dating, courtship, the loving, protective, caring environment of a family and the wonders of bringing up children of their own. But they don't know about courtship, being mothers and fathers, about creating a society that has a future and can grow in wonderful ways.

These "aliens" have everything we want, we have what what the "aliens" desire.

However; there is a problem, a big problem.

The "aliens" know the horror of slavery. And do not approve of controlling other Beings. They are also of the view that self-developement is the way to evolve. To build one's own skills, strengths and ability. They love feudal Japan and the Samurai ethics.

Humanity enslaves. Worse yet; humanity abuses their children.

The offer is; End slavery completely in human society and we will stay with the benefits of our knowledge and even take you to the stars.

If you don't they will free the children from slavery and abuse, then take the world from humanity.

edit on 5-8-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: clarity

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You're completely missing my point. I'm saying that in that scenario, we could simply be an afterthought to them. Like maybe they came to Earth for our water supplies or for specific minerals or gases. But when they got here, they saw our cities, which would be the equivalent of a bunch of termite mounds or mole hills to them. So they exterminate us (the pests) so they could focus on what they really came for.

It's no different than how humans do when we buy land to construct new buildings. We don't take into consideration the ants or flies that currently live there. ETA: For all we know, they could be massive giants. Then we'd really be no different than rats or moles to them.
edit on 5-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
So They Showed Up In Orbit - What Do We Do Now?

They are here to collect sperm... to fuel their ships...
The only way to thwart their evil plan is to take a large rubber band and
edit on 5-8-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

How large do you think the aliens would be, mountain size?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join