It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're close to the limit': Canada is getting close to "full" as refugees flow from U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm ashamed of what hasn't been done in Haiti.

I wish we could actually help them instead of talking sh!t and just taking money and using it on presidential campaigns (Clinton Foundation).

If anyone deserves a full citizenship, a new car, house and expanded cable, it is the people of Haiti.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The problem is that they have full sovereign nation status.

You can't clean up the real problems in Haiti - corruption - without tampering. That's the story with so many other countries in the world where so many of the refugees come from.

But I agree that collapsing the Clinton Foundation might be a start. Of course, if we offered to make restitution out of any assets frozen ... again, how do you guarantee that it would actually do some good around the local corruption?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've worked with hospitals in Haiti for years. I know the corruption. The stink. The wretched squalor. I've even helped Haitians with jobs, citizenship, sponsorship and training.

Never met a harder working, more honest group in my life.

I love the Haitians and their culture.

I hate the warlords and insipid corruption of their government and those in the US that pretend to help and don't do sh!t.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Again, if they don't as a people and culture change themselves, what are we to do?

We cannot come in as a foreign power and try to change them ... well, we could, but that involves conquering a sovereign nation.

And like the many Central and South American illegals, how is it that they are the most honest and hardworking and yet spawn such a corrupt governance structure? Understand, I am not attempting to malign the apparently good people you knew, but I am wondering at what point the fundamental flaw in the culture shows up. If all the Haitians were as you say, then their nation ought to be well-run and great and they ought to be excited to return home rather than fleeing it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Point taken. I guess I "feel" more because I've had such close contact with some damned fine people who were screwed over by the system.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Canada can't take them anymore, so they build a US/Can border wall. Next they all have to flow south into Mexico to escape the racist evil white Americans. Soon Mexico will have had enough, and be forced to build a border wall on the US border. Meanwhile America is smiling at our newly "fenced in yard" built and paid for by our neighbors, el Presidenté is looking like a genius for not just having one wall paid for by our neighbors, but two. Finally, the once illegals and refugees now realizing that the grass isn't always greener on the other side will be coming back into the US, but this time doing it the right way and eventually becoming citizens.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

Yes, yes the racist whites in the US, I bet they didn't turn down being housed and taken care of by all the Americans green backs for SEVEN years.

Next they all have to flow south into Mexico to escape the racist evil white Americans.

edit on 2-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What's with this artificial "limit" coming from such a progressive liberal country as Canada. Didn't PM Trudeau say they were all welcome to come. A pipeline is open that cannot be shut off until the last refugee has dribbled out the end on Canada. That could take some time and artificial limits has no place.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Only on ATS does a single city's administrative limit become an entire country's absolute limit.

Shock level zero.

CBSA will adapt to handle, with a little help from the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Obviously you've never looked at Canada from the air......whole bunch of damn space.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Obviously you've never looked at Canada from the air......whole bunch of damn space.

The US and Canada are very close to the same size.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22519141]seasonal

The US and Canada are very close to the same size.

Except the US is much more developed than Canada.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Point taken. I guess I "feel" more because I've had such close contact with some damned fine people who were screwed over by the system.

It's understandable. The good people are the true victims of every system, even ours.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeusAduro

Being developed/undeveloped does not reduce a countries size.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Only its economic potential.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
No shat Sherlock....and America has twice the people. Canada has land to waste. Like they say in Alberta......" East of the Rockies & West of the rest". Whole bunch of undeveloped land in between .a reply to: seasonal

edit on 2-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Lots of land and lots of snow.

(post by M5xaz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Damnat!

I thought it was going to be about liberals.

I'm still waiting for the big exodus of all the celebrities who promised to leave the US before Trump became president. Trump won and nothing happened of course. All bark no bite. Bunch of hypocrites.

No civilised country will accept them . They dont meet the immigration requirements .

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
And laid back people. a reply to: seasonal

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join