It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetically speaking? If Super powers have recovered E.T technology

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"With each Super power knowing that which ever Super power with the most alien technologies or has best understanding of how to reverse engineer and or use said technologies basically leads or controls the world"

Which Power would the "Aliens" give this power to? Venezuela or Ethiopia, or Thailand ? Or a powerhouse country. Then on what basis? One to help Mankind? or the one best able to control the rest ?

Benevolent Aliens or........?
Forget Hollywood..

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

My guess is if they were giving the technologies away they would give it to the more advanced nations of a species of interest.
If with benevolent intentions hoping humans would share it to better them all.
If with malevolent or even non dualistic agenda or intentions they may share with specific humans they feel can carry out potential agendas...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13 Exactly my feelings too. But then if conquest was their agenda, why bother, just come in as a conquering occupier.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

One can only imagine why if conquest is intentions would live host matter as opposed to non living... Host.
That is a question the universe could only clearly provide Plotus...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I think the few times 'alien tech' has fallen into humans hands they have given it back.

If they want to maintain the illusion of Authority, they have to.

Remembering the people at the top of the worlds gubments are generally self centered and greedy and could care less about the 'bigger picture', as long they maintain their hold on power.

If aleens are content to sit on the side lines so to speak then the worlds 'Super' powers are content to ignore them.

No offense, but have you been paying attention to the way TPTB act at all? They go to extremes to control and manipulate everything in the common folk's reality. What makes you think that if they have yet another advantage over us, they wouldn't gladly embrace it?

The U.S. in particular. Look what they did to Tesla. Look at the fact that we have a military "black budget." There's no way in hell those in power would give ET tech back to them. Not. In. Hell.
edit on 29-7-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Understood AgarthaSeed
1 would think such technologies would be traceable though if some tried to keep and hide it.
As far as black budgets go. It's not easy explaining to unaware that funds are required for space securities technologies and or weapons associated with E.T.
So 1 oddly understands. I'm sure the unaware would appreciate the costly safety mechanisms in place especially if it or they is/are keeping the planet stable and safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sorry. I'm assuming the OP meant usable tech.
You're right, though. If alien tech was just accidentally discovered, it would probably be pretty redundant until someone figured it out.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

We'll if they (aliens) plan on protecting other species than humans, I'm afraid to say they're doing a terrible job.

Human meddling, whether it be changing ecosystems via introducing new lifeforms, poisoning them or sheer extermination, we've destroyed or threatened so many species in the last few thousand years.

Everywhere we've been, we've left a lasting impression.

So either aliens don't care or wish not to be involved. Or don't exist...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I think it's highly likely that there is extra terrestrial life. And I'm a Muslim, so clearly I believe there are beings that are out of this world (lol, such a horribly lame pun...).

But I don't believe that any ETs are going to stop humans from destroying the world or other lifeforms. After all, WWI and WW2 killed 10s of millions of people and devastated entire continents, yet no one or nothing stepped in to stop them. If anything, you could argue that the global Flu pandemic at the end of WWI was Nature's or (or ET's way?) of stopping the fighting by targeting all of humanity. The Flu pandemic killed somewhere between 20 and 40 million people, which was more casualties than the war itself.

ET's also didn't stop the wars after WW2 which saw millions of people killed in Indochina (Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia), Sudan, Algeria, China, etc. The vast majority of the world's animal species have died off by now, but nothing stepped in then either. And the rise of industrial farming, strip mining like mountaintop removal mining, and large scale logging have caused entire ecosystems to perish and the vast majority of plant varieties to become scarce or extinct. But once again, no one or nothing stepped in prevent it.

I just don't think that any highly advanced ET's would care about us. If they really can travel between the galaxy (or beyond), there's probably way more important or interesting things to do than to watch a bunch of hairless apes kill each other century after century.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I hear you RAY1990.
1 feels maybe if they have been around long enough to see the human species and other species develop coexisting with humanity that it is possible they seen humanity mature over the periods. And yes from a limited view of the existence of the history of mankind it looks like today to some no progress has been made. But a possible glimpse into the human past may speak otherwise...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Many of the situations you mentioned are processes of maturity and development of mankind as far as the deaths caused by many species infighting wars. Which may be why you get that feeling they are not interested in the care take of this planet inhabitants namely mankind. Whichever CREATOR Creations Energy Group that may be that is involved with planet development and inhabitants overseeing.
However if a global nuclear war for example was to threaten the land, sea, and atmosphere above & below ground and all inhabitants related including humans due to various human groups battling it out, 1 feels that may cause them to step in to neutralize the issue. So they may prefer humanity matures more itself as a species and fix fixable issues instead of another species having to step in and neutralize the threat.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Of course they have. They all have them...most countries. An apocalyptic end-all world war wont be with rockets, and flying bombers, drones or anything of the sort.

If we get there...it will be unleashing of all the super-secret tech and recovered tech we all have. Why do you think we HAVE top secret weaponry anyway?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am under the impression that aliens haven't visited us. If superior tech is being hidden, It's probably from an older human civilization.

Other than that, I can get on board.

Public relations are and will always be in the crapper. Evil people have a much easier rise to power. I don't think the tech is what would separate people and cause turmoil. I think people just do that regardless. We could be back in the stoneage and we'd have the same problems.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

" So they may prefer humanity matures more itself as a species and fix fixable issues instead of another species having to step in and neutralize the threat"

Hmmm.... a good idea. They have plenty of time if they are harvesting from worlds... just wait a bit longer for us to 'heal' as it were and not be so messy a resource.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

"If superior tech is being hidden, It's probably from an older human civilization"

Perhaps we are in de-evolution from a once Greater existence, and de-volved to our current abilities..? That's one thing to consider.

That is to say there never was a ET influence.

edit on 29-7-2017 by Plotus because: add to comment

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I believe that most countries who have recovered craft are in communication with one another. The illusion that we are at war is simply a distraction from the separationof the rich and poor. The technology has been shared for some time. Not really sure what the endgame is if such technology exists. I guess it's just a final grasp at monetary power when you begin to realize new technology would eradicate that money. Grasping at straws in a sense. 2 pennies.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
The question begs IF any group on Earth had access to Alien technology, WOULD they disclose that.....how might that change the landscape

I'd guess the truly advanced stuff would be propulsion, astro-avionics, life support and material science (impact resistant/radiation resistant metals). All of those would probably be kept for their stealth/spy planes. Traveling at Mach 5+ and being able to hover stationary, then whizzing off would be a dream for the special forces, reconaissance and missile groups. Travelling to geostationary orbit and beyond would be a bonus.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
My timeline may be incorrect, but IIRC altho we did testing of nuclear weapons it wasn't till AFTER we dropped the bomb on Japan that we had instances of "UFO" interference at our missile sites.

Prior to the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, there had only been one nuclear explosion on the planet in the whole of history - the Trinity Test, which established that the weapon worked as intended. Since there were no other nuclear weapons on the planet until a few years after the atomic bombing of Nagasaki, any alien visitors wouldn't have had a chance to visit something that didn't exist!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I am under the impression that aliens haven't visited us. If superior tech is being hidden, It's probably from an older human civilization.

Other than that, I can get on board.

Public relations are and will always be in the crapper. Evil people have a much easier rise to power. I don't think the tech is what would separate people and cause turmoil. I think people just do that regardless. We could be back in the stoneage and we'd have the same problems.

You might find it quite interesting that the US Military is researching "magneto aerodynamics" right now, but their research programs on this are mostly classified.
Where did they learn about magneto aerodynamics? From watching disk craft and other shapes move through the air at hyper-sonic speeds without producing a shock wave or sonic booms. The technology creates a strong field that repels all air molecules away from the crafts surface and a lot more.

Here's an image of how some of this works. (Of course this isn't solid proof of alien technology, unless you already know that's where it came from)..

Magneto shells

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Thats never going to happen. They would auto self destruct or be rescued, the same way we do things in our military.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join