It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to expel US displomats

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People don’t know that WWII started over sanctions on Japan. We better be careful here.

Now the US is acting like ancient Rome, sanctioning everybody...
Russia, China, NK, Iran, Europe, on and on like some great grand world dictator

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
People don’t know that WWII started over sanctions on Japan. We better be careful here.

Well, no it started because Germany, Japan and Italy opted for world conquest. Japan was doing something the US didnt agree with so we refused to sell them oil.

Who ever taught you history failed miserably.

The US sanctioned russia for invading / occupying Ukrainian territory and for interfering in our elections and getting caught.

The UN sanctioned NK.
The US/ SK / Jap furthered sanctions when N.K. continued to violate UN sanctions and China blocked UN action.
The US sanctioned Chinese forms doing business with N.K. in violation of UN sanctions.

The UN sanctioned Iran. The US increased sanctions when iran violated UN sanctions with russia running interference in the UN.

The US has not sanctioned the EU.

Maybe open a paper once in a while.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Japan does not have oil. Russia has lots of and lots and lots of oil. Don't worry. The sanctions are just for show. There won't be any war.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Japan does not have oil. Russia has lots of and lots and lots of oil. Don't worry. The sanctions are just for show. There won't be any war.

WTH are you talking about? The oil was in reference to WWII. Also Japan has sanctions on Russia as well.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Do you actually think the Russians would have just moved out and left all their spy gear for the Americans to take apart? So maybe instead of kicking them out, we should have paid no attention to them while counter spying on those compounds. But I guess that's Trumps fault too.......

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Velatropa24

Explain to me, sinse when was Crimea a country, son?

Sometime around the 8th century, BCE. Then the invasions and occupations began. Interestingly the Russians had nothing to do with Crimea until 1783. It was an autonomous republic under the USSR, downgraded during WWII to an oblast and then given to Ukraine in 1954.

I am still waiting for Kosovo to be handed back. Some how don't see that happening.

Why would it be given back. it would undermine the Brussels agreement of 2013 signed by Kosovo and Serbia.

And do you really want to start talking about invading countries, being from US? The double standards never cease to amaze me.

Sure - the US didnt invade Ukraine and illegally seize / occupy Crimea.

...and Russia didn't invade Iraq, Lybia, and countless others of recent times. Your point being?

We left and didnt annex anything.

Russia on the other hand...

You don't need to annex when you have the IMF and World Bank in your hip pocket. They still have to kiss the ring.....

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

WTH are you talking about? The oil was in reference to WWII. Also Japan has sanctions on Russia as well.

It amazes me sometimes how clueless people can be. I see you did the same thing reading his reply. Just makes you want to slam in to a wall.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Well, no it started because Germany, Japan and Italy opted for world conquest. Japan was doing something the US didnt agree with so we refused to sell them oil.

Who ever taught you history failed miserably.

The US sanctioned russia for invading / occupying Ukrainian territory and for interfering in our elections and getting caught.

The UN sanctioned NK.
The US/ SK / Jap furthered sanctions when N.K. continued to violate UN sanctions and China blocked UN action.
The US sanctioned Chinese forms doing business with N.K. in violation of UN sanctions.

The UN sanctioned Iran. The US increased sanctions when iran violated UN sanctions with russia running interference in the UN.

The US has not sanctioned the EU.

Maybe open a paper once in a while.

Your wrong again and I’m right again...oops

How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan’s Attack on Pearl Harbor

Accordingly, the Roosevelt administration, while curtly dismissing Japanese diplomatic overtures to harmonize relations, imposed a series of increasingly stringent economic sanctions on Japan. In 1939 the United States terminated the 1911 commercial treaty with Japan. “On July 2, 1940, Roosevelt signed the Export Control Act, authorizing the President to license or prohibit the export of essential defense materials.” Under this authority, “

This post was part of a special Halloween Homage to Orson Wells.
Jumping out from behind the server and shouting BOO!
n July 31, exports of aviation motor fuels and lubricants and No. 1 heavy melting iron and steel scrap were restricted.” Next, in a move aimed at Japan, Roosevelt slapped an embargo, effective October 16, “on all exports of scrap iron and steel to destinations other than Britain and the nations of the Western Hemisphere.” Finally, on July 26, 1941, Roosevelt “froze Japanese assets in the United States, thus bringing commercial relations between the nations to an effective end. One week later Roosevelt embargoed the export of such grades of oil as still were in commercial flow to Japan.”[2] The British and the Dutch followed suit, embargoing exports to Japan from their colonies in southeast Asia.

www.independent.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sanctions 's by the US on Japan was due to the invasion of China and Korea by the Japenese. The US decided that the Japenese imperialism was starting to threaten asia. To prevent fueling this war machine further they decided to put an embargo on war materials. As it turns out the US govt was right as 6 months later they attack pearl harbor.

This was ultimately Japan's biggest mistake they thought they could destroy the Pacific fleet making sure the United States couldn't stop them from taking over asia. All it did was cause their eventual defeat.

The cause was Japan's invasion of China.
edit on 7/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

the above post is endorsed by the " damed if you do , dammed if you dont " party

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There’s never no one cause for anything, the greater point is that powers can be provoked into very bad actions when put up against the wall as Russia might be experiencing.

With over 14,000 nuclear weapons between the two powers: Russia 7300, US 7000, isn’t it better to talk and try to get along?

Before WWII there were no nuclear weapons

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
It appears Moscow's strategy of strategic patience has come to an end.

Nah, Trump must have asked Putin to clear out all the US Diplomats put there during the Obama administration, so that Trump would get a clean slate to put in his own people.

Since most of these are career diplomats, it's hard to justify moving them from the US side, but as retaliation by Russia, it's an easy move to get all those individuals back on US soil.

So, the plan is, first break off relations with Russia, each side expelling all the diplomats. Then, make up and become friends again, this time with Trump deciding who to send over there to Russia to represent the US, "His US", so that there are no more US-Russia "leaks".

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

It still does not give the USA legal powers under international law to seize the properties. Furthermore, it seems right there in the article that the seizure was a technical invasion of another country's land.

I can pretty much guarantee that the USA will do the same in Russia now that they are taking back a couple of properties too. It's a known thing that embassies are places where secrets are kept.

None of what your article states provides proof that there was every any useful evidence that clearly pins blame on Russia for election interference. It simply laments that the Russians got mad and broke stuff to ensure they will never find out. The article insinuates that they were expecting to find a trove of documents next to a half drunk cup of coffee entitled "Operation Trumpski for President"

Remember, suspicion alone is never proof.

The suspicions were founded and as such were justified. And since russia invades other countries like crimea they have no room to complain until they hand that back.

But Xcathdra is correct and has posted the legal information. you are wrong .

I am still waiting for Kosovo to be handed back. Some how don't see that happening. And do you really want to start talking about invading countries, being from US? The double standards never cease to amaze me.

No need Xcath did that for me it seems. And I am not your son. How dare you call me such a thing. If i had a father like you id disown myself and change my name. Kosovo btw was ethnically cleansing and deserved what they got.
Im almost 40 btw. Son my Arse.

Yeah, and what is happening in Ukraine isn't ethnic cleansing or genocide? They deserve it only when it fits US interests it seems. Like I said before, the double standards never cease to amaze me.

Fighting off russian backed rebels isnt genocide or ethnic cleansing. The Russians in ukraine have pushed out the ethnic ukes quite a bit though. That vote was no more fair than a election for supreme leader in iran.

Pull your head out of your a$s buddy. Seriously. Rather then throw fake cliche's around actually learn about what is really happening there if its an issue which interests you (and learning does not mean listening to what the man on cnn says).

Double standards...ignorance... indoctrination.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Uhm no.

Japan attacked the US because we didnt want to assist in their conquest of Asia.

Japan started the war, not US sanctions.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

How about the USA just give the properties back, then actually start treating Russia with respect?

How about they were seized because Russia messed with our election and hacked the DNC?. How about congress just voted almost unanimously to impose still more sanctions against them. A congress I'll remind you that is predominantly republican . In case that matters. Since we're laying this at Obama's feet and all.

Reality ...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No he isn't. He signs it America wins.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Sure our NATO partners are going to do that....
Ya know, given how trump was received there you may have a possible scenario there.
They turn their backs on us like trump did them.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: markosity1973

How about the USA just give the properties back, then actually start treating Russia with respect?

How about they were seized because Russia messed with our election and hacked the DNC?. How about congress just voted almost unanimously to impose still more sanctions against them. A congress I'll remind you that is predominantly republican . In case that matters. Since we're laying this at Obama's feet and all.

Reality ...

How about the pedofilia, child sex trafficking and corruption that was exposed in the hacks? Who cares, right? The important thing is that Russians did it. Never mind me, continue being a tool.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

It appears Moscow's strategy of strategic patience has come to an end.

Nah, Trump must have asked Putin to clear out all the US Diplomats put there during the Obama administration, so that Trump would get a clean slate to put in his own people.

Since most of these are career diplomats, it's hard to justify moving them from the US side, but as retaliation by Russia, it's an easy move to get all those individuals back on US soil.

So, the plan is, first break off relations with Russia, each side expelling all the diplomats. Then, make up and become friends again, this time with Trump deciding who to send over there to Russia to represent the US, "His US", so that there are no more US-Russia "leaks".

Interesting angle. I am pretty dubious though given the very strange G20 agreements that Trump agreed to then went cold on almost as soon as he got home.

There is something going on with the revelations about his son that we do not know. At G20 Russia was almost jubilant about the possibilities that Trump was a fresh start and that they might be able to finally work with the USA on issues that both sides see as important. Putin even spoke very positively about Trump as a person.

Then there was that odd revelation that Trump's son had been approached by the Russians, offering dirt on Hilary to him. Soon afterwards everything collapsed in terms of co-operation from the USA.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It still does not give the USA legal powers under international law to seize the properties. Furthermore, it seems right there in the article that the seizure was a technical invasion of another country's land.

I can pretty much guarantee that the USA will do the same in Russia now that they are taking back a couple of properties too. It's a known thing that embassies are places where secrets are kept.

None of what your article states provides proof that there was every any useful evidence that clearly pins blame on Russia for election interference. It simply laments that the Russians got mad and broke stuff to ensure they will never find out. The article insinuates that they were expecting to find a trove of documents next to a half drunk cup of coffee entitled "Operation Trumpski for President"

Remember, suspicion alone is never proof.

The suspicions were founded and as such were justified. And since russia invades other countries like crimea they have no room to complain until they hand that back.

But Xcathdra is correct and has posted the legal information. you are wrong .

I am still waiting for Kosovo to be handed back. Some how don't see that happening. And do you really want to start talking about invading countries, being from US? The double standards never cease to amaze me.

No need Xcath did that for me it seems. And I am not your son. How dare you call me such a thing. If i had a father like you id disown myself and change my name. Kosovo btw was ethnically cleansing and deserved what they got.
Im almost 40 btw. Son my Arse.

Yeah, and what is happening in Ukraine isn't ethnic cleansing or genocide? They deserve it only when it fits US interests it seems. Like I said before, the double standards never cease to amaze me.

Fighting off russian backed rebels isnt genocide or ethnic cleansing. The Russians in ukraine have pushed out the ethnic ukes quite a bit though. That vote was no more fair than a election for supreme leader in iran.

Pull your head out of your a$s buddy. Seriously. Rather then throw fake cliche's around actually learn about what is really happening there if its an issue which interests you (and learning does not mean listening to what the man on cnn says).

Double standards...ignorance... indoctrination.

Actually i dislike all of the players government wise in europe,china,and russia. I would prefeer to watch them collapse leaving only the US as the worlds only super power With a non centralized government(yes it would have to change)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join