It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to expel US displomats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It appears Moscow's strategy of strategic patience has come to an end.

During the dying days of the Obama administration, Russian diplomats were expelled and 2 Russian embassy properties were seized, in an act that contravenes international law on consulate property.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Putin decided to wait and see if Trump would play nice and return the properties, that Russia has owned since before WW2, but Trump failed to listen. Moscow is now retaliating by expelling US diplomats and seizing property there.

This shows clear ineptitude on Trump's part really. The properties should never have been taken in the first place (not his fault, Obama did it) however he could have put things right by simply giving them back. But didn't. Now this has happened. Cause and effect.

How much further will tensions rise now?

Everyone might think this is a petty response over a tiny thing, but it marks a clear move towards hostility and loss of patience by Putin. And that cannot be a good thing for places like Syria and Ukraine where the USA and Russia have very different ideas of what should happen.
edit on 29-7-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
It appears Moscow's strategy of strategic patience has come to an end.

During the dying days of the Obama administration, Russian diplomats were expelled and 2 Russian embassy properties were seized, in an act that contravenes international law on consulate property.

Putin decided to wait and see if Trump would play nice and return the properties, that Russia has owned since before WW2, but Trump failed to listen. Moscow is now retaliating by expelling US diplomats and seizing property there.

This shows clear ineptitude on Trump's part really. The properties should never have been taken in the first place (not his fault, Obama did it) however he could have put things right by simply giving them back. But didn't. Now this has happened. Cause and effect.

How much further will tensions rise now?

Good.

Apparently its around 700 (!) Diplomats due to be expelled. Not sure how many are there but they are planning to reduce it to 455 (the same number as Russian diplomats in US).

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

War is coming.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

War is coming.

TIt for tat my friend which has been happening since the end of the second world war..
Those that scream and get excited by the prospect of war.. would you have the same attitude when surrounded by the corpses of your loved ones?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Russia is just having a clear out of US spooks.

MR

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

War is coming.

That's the last thing any rational person would want.

How about the USA just give the properties back, then actually start treating Russia with respect? There is no reason beyond an archaic political machination that the USA and Russia need be adversaries.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

No I am just interested in what people who swallowed my hook poop out.
I am German with Russian roots, the problem to me is clearly the US.
Funny, not?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
What if Trump wants to drain a whole lot of swampy Diplomats and Putin would be glad to see them go.

Nice little bit of dazzle for the MSM while Trump and Putin have a giggle.

Then Trump gives the properties back.

Well, time will tell.

P

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

War is coming.

TIt for tat my friend which has been happening since the end of the second world war..
Those that scream and get excited by the prospect of war.. would you have the same attitude when surrounded by the corpses of your loved ones?

This is a disturbing trend lately, often coming from my fellow Americans, this expressed wish for war. I think it is because we have never seen actual warfare on our own soil, and people simply have no basis for comparison.

That translates to complacency...which eventually translates to arrogance, because people here have become accustomed to seeing endless war all over the globe and have adopted the attitude...either consciously or unconsciously...that if war were to break out, we're so formidable that no one would dare to actually bring it here. That it only happens to less fortunate countries, far away from our little bubble of perceived safety and comfort.

I can't tell you how many people I've heard actually comparing our current situation to a video game. It sounds clever, until it becomes apparent that they aren't just making a comparison, but that they truly view it as some kind of entertainment. And you are absolutely spot on; if war actually did come here, those very same people would be at the front of the line, screaming for it to stop. To paraphrase Mike Tyson...it's all fun and games until you get punched in the mouth.

I sincerely hope that we never see such a thing come to pass, but the threat seems to increase with each passing day. I read the diary of Anne Frank when I was nine years old, and I have never forgotten the horrors immortalized in her words. Reading about it was enough...I have no desire to experience it firsthand and it is difficult for me to comprehend the mentality of those who see it as some kind of game, but I honestly feel that it mostly comes from a place of simple ignorance and naivety rather than a place of malice.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
What if Trump wants to drain a whole lot of swampy Diplomats and Putin would be glad to see them go.

Nice little bit of dazzle for the MSM while Trump and Putin have a giggle.

Then Trump gives the properties back.

Well, time will tell.

P

Wouldn't that be nice. However I doubt thats the case. Internationally, US is a runaway train that must be stopped. I hear domestically things aren't too good either.

US has been overrun by politicians that are rich enough to "get in" but are not too smart, and seem to lack any concept of cause and effect. Seems to be the flaw with your system, money is the ticket in, where all critical criterias are second place or non-existent.

Trump has proven time and time again that he is spineless and decides very little if anything at all. Hardly the symbol of a nation.

US needs fundamental changes, because the road they are on leads to nowhere fast. Politically, the country have lost their minds. And true american patriots will agree with me here.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I can tell you with absolute certainty speaking as neither an American or Russian, I do not want to see this escalating further.

There world is in a very dark place right now and we need to turn the corner away from further tension.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
But wait...I thought the "Russians did it"!!! (????)

MSM can't seem to get/keep their story straight.

Once again to the theme of something, anything, just to fling some excrement at Trump! Doesn't matter what it is.

Oh, the desperation!

edit on 7/29/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
But wait...I thought the "Russians did it"!!! (????)

MSM can't seem to get/keep their story straight.

Once again to the theme of something, anything, just to fling some excrement at Trump! Doesn't matter what it is.

Oh, the desperation!

Ummmm..............

I'm quoting RUSSIAN sources here ie direct from the horse's mouth.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the stupid, backward American bipartisan trollery that your idiocracy of a nation has descended into.

This is the real thing and it is happening as stated in the OP.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

War is coming.

No Putin is much to smart for that he knows he can't win. What he can do is find other ways to retaliate. For example locking US companies out of Russia. This puts our oil companies at a disadvantage while companies like BP make huge profits.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I thought the mainstream media told us that Putin and Trump were homies? My illusions are being shattered

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZogJones
I thought the mainstream media told us that Putin and Trump were homies? My illusions are being shattered

It seems some feel that way because of the passive approach as if some favoritism exist...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

so trump is bad because he didn't give the properties back? yet i can easily imagine the outrage had he given those properties back. it would have been used as proof of colluding with the Russians, to win the election. just as the Russian ship close to the US was used as proof Trump was being controlled by Russia. seriously it doesn't matter what Trump does or does not do in regards to the Russians, it is always proof of being in their power. if he does something or if he doesn't do something it doesn't matter in pretty much every decision he makes. it will always be the wrong thing no matter what. and used as examples of bad leadership by the democrats.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Oh come on now, even fake news CNN has admitted that the Russian interference thing is a and i quote; "Big fat nothing burger"

The whole story is just a construct by sore losers and they are milking it to the point of the destruction of the entire American political system.

2 Candidates ran. It was a dirty, dirty election fight. Many backroom deals were done on both sides. TV told us all not to worry, that Hilary would keep the corrupt fires burning.

BUT

The American people voted, and TRUMP won despite heavy expectations to the contrary.

Can you not see the dots connecting? The USA MSM are the ones who tried to influence the election outcome. And when they realised they had failed, out of sheer terror they framed Russia to deflect attention off what they had tried to do.

Trump is guilty of being inept because he is backing a last minute (and illegal BTW) move made by Obama. Should anything actually be found that proves Russia managed to make American voters vote Trump instead of Hilary, then that would be the time to make sanctions.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I can tell you with absolute certainty speaking as neither an American or Russian, I do not want to see this escalating further.

There world is in a very dark place right now and we need to turn the corner away from further tension.

this is russia simply trying to show they ain't bff with trump in a lame attempt to keep their puppet in power.

see flyingclaydisk post, trump supporters can use this to say russia wasn't involved.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

this is russia simply trying to show they ain't bff with trump in a lame attempt to keep their puppet in power.

see flyingclaydisk post, trump supporters can use this to say russia wasn't involved

Take off your introspective bipartisan goggles and look at it from a global citizen perspective.

It's got nothing to do with Russia / Trump collusion.

For example the G20 summit where they (Putin and Trump) met and supposedly struck three deals was a sham - Trump got home and reneged via Twitter nonetheless on the first one literally after they touched down. He literally decided on his flight home that he did not believe that Russia and America could have a team working together on cyber security. So why did he agree in the first place then? You can't fake such erratic behaviour.

As one poster has pointed out, this is NOT a video game. This is real. There is no collusion beyond Putin had hoped that Trump would be more Russia friendly. He knew that Hilary was a dead loss. But Trump had indicated a softer line in his election interviews.

And it is not just the leader of Russia that he has had cringing either. Trump has managed to annoy many of the world's leaders in his tenure so far.

Trump has his political agenda, but everyone, even the party he represents is fighting him. And that is what is bringing the USA down - not Russia. You guys are literally killing yourselves. And like the rest of the world, Putin is getting rather weary of the upheaval, shenanigans and lack of clear action / policy coming from the country that claims to be the leaders of the free world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join