It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily thread limit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Then you will just see a huge jump in sock puppet accounts

at least it would make em work a bit harder if they wanna keep up their spam-quota

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
your just going to make a lot of gangs have to work harder to meet a daily quota.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'd like to propose that ATS considers a daily thread limit for members.

We have a few members who in my opinion have been spamming the boards with many asinine threads on superfluous topics and many times on the same topic over and over again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I'm not saying to start sensoring folks. But maybe set a cap of no more than 2 threads per forum a day for any member.

I believe this might help the new topics and live feed pages become less polluted with these redundant threads that add nothing to their topics.

Maybe a daily limit of Trump threads!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Eh, let free speech reign.

Free speech would not be in danger as long as EVERYBODY would have the same limit. I am quite worried about the quality of ATS and would welcome anything that would kill the - indeed, OP - asinine rubbish that is posted here by a few posters with high frequency. Nobody can enjoy a meal when the floor is covered in dung.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emit1

at least it would make em work a bit harder if they wanna keep up their spam-quota

They obviously don't mind...trust me it wouldn't change anything , perhaps make it worse and harder on staff to root out the sock puppets in those numbers.....

Been a member here long time , trust me being a mod isn't as easy as it seems, I know a few

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i remember reading years back that sock puppets aren't against the t&c, only if they use them in the same thread to back a position? the mods wouldnt need to work any harder, but the new sock puppets would.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

no thx.

learn to be adult and click on what you want you aren't a helpless child.

# the nanny mentality

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
there are some strange users here, I´ve stumbled across one who will post threads about a single topic but in less than 10% of the cases the user does a follow up post in his threads. In less than 6%, this user will answer to a direct reply in his own thread.

It seems rather unlogic to me to just open thread after thread without even coming back to it. Always the same topic.
edit on 20-7-2017 by verschickter because: added "direct"

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Free speech would not be in danger as long as EVERYBODY would have the same limit.

As such, everyone has equal limitlessness until they cross the line; therefore, free speech. Limiting speech is not free as long as it adheres to the T&C.

I am quite worried about the quality of ATS and would welcome anything that would kill the - indeed, OP - asinine rubbish

That's an effect of the Mutpit, unfortunately, but it seems you advocate censorship.

Nobody can enjoy a meal when the floor is covered in dung.

Go to a room (forum) where is no # on the floor. ATS has many rooms other than political ones.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'd like to propose that ATS considers a daily thread limit for members.

We have a few members who in my opinion have been spamming the boards with many asinine threads on superfluous topics and many times on the same topic over and over again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I'm not saying to start sensoring folks. But maybe set a cap of no more than 2 threads per forum a day for any member.

I believe this might help the new topics and live feed pages become less polluted with these redundant threads that add nothing to their topics.

If certain members posted 10 threads a day, I'd eagerly read every one.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I propose a much easier solution....

Don't read threads you don't like 😉

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Guess what?

We used to FIGHT to get those great threads out.

Now? Most breaking news gets passed over. So, if no one else is going to cover the best of the best - step up and do it yourself!!!

Dare I say ‘MAKE ATS GREAT AGAIN’!

If you don't like too many posts from one person?

Step up and make people fight for the best posts like ATS used to challenge us to do!

And really - you want to bring the power of submission here to ATS?
'Oh, you can only post ...

That is NOT ATS!

Or at least not the ATS I know.

peace

edit on 2150Thursday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: angeldoll

That's pretty much what happens if they don't cool it after a nudge from the staff.

they just make new accounts. I'm almost certain alleye4see is possibly stemagegod...and many other like that

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Anymore, I seldom click a thread. I look at "new" and a few other listings, but the content is really not much different than scrolling through an MSM news site.

It's really gone down hill here, and I'm rather sad to see it. When I joined, this was the place to be.

Let's not make ATS worse then CNN, shall we?

I'd rather see more chemtrail, and flat-earth threads then more political troll-lol-lol-lol threads.

Hollow earth even?

Where are the aliens?

Where are the chewbacabra, and big-foot?

The internet is being scrubbed.... catalog and record it all before it's gone..

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You are being Just like the government!
coming up with ways to censor us.
To stop the one the many are made to suffer.

911 was use'ed as a excuse to take ever ones freedom away.
to stop terroists.

Tell me DID That work?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
but it seems you advocate censorship.

No. I advocate a limit to the number of threads a person can start.

I'd like to add that I believe it's quite irresponsible to start more than one or perhaps two threads each day. I have started a few threads in here, and so know from experience how much time it consumes to do so in an adequate manner. You're not done when you blurt out some message - you need to monitor your thread, respond to questions, debate and - that's the entire point of course - learn. I believe that it is safe to say that writing, and subsequently properly dealing with any thread one starts takes at least 2 hours, and if the thread is successful, can require many more. Therefore, for a responsible poster, a limit of say 1 or 2 new threads each day would not even be noticed. So, all in all, I still support the OP.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Maybe you should just start your own forum where you can have all the rules you want. Once you get it up and running you can circle back and round up all the crybabies who don't like ATS anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe you should just start your own forum where you can have all the rules you want. Once you get it up and running you can circle back and round up all the crybabies who don't like ATS anymore.

You're setting a fine example there of what is wrong with ATS nowadays by performing an indirect ad hominem attack. You are a long-standing member here and should know better.

Now, about the part of your response that more or less reveals an argument: about "all the rules" I might want. This, to me, implies either that you do not like forums that have rules and hence do not agree with OP (and me) or that you do not like this particular rule OP is proposing. Which is it?

If you don't like this particular rule please provide arguments why OP is wrong. If you don't like rules at all, what the heck do you do visiting a forum like this one, that has an entire book of Law appended to it (the T&C)?
edit on 21-7-2017 by ForteanOrg because: he had to remove an appendix

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
You're setting a fine example there of what is wrong with ATS nowadays by performing an indirect ad hominem attack. You are long-standing member here and should know better.

Just like the threads you don't like no one twisted your arm to read this either and what you think of me personally factors not a bit into what I decide to post.

Now, about the part of your response that more or less reveals an argument: about "all the rules" I might want. This, to me, implies either that you do not like forums that have rules and hence do not agree with OP (and me) or that you do not like this particular rule OP is proposing. Which is it?

No, it implies that this place is fine the way it is run and if you don't like the way it is run you can start your own forum. I was pretty clear about what I was trying to convey. I don't speak in metaphor or hidden meaning, I am very blunt and plain with my posting.

This is not the first time you whined about how bad the site is. Your last three threads groused about how bad the site has become yet you made zero effort to author a thread in the past six months to alleviate your perceived issues with the site. You are your own problem.

edit on 21-7-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Just like the threads you don't like no one twisted your arm to read this either and what you think of me personally factors not a bit into what I decide to post.

You're way above all that, of course.

No, it implies that this place is fine the way it is run and if you don't like the way it is run you can start your own forum. I was pretty clear about what I was trying to convey. I don't speak in metaphor or hidden meaning, I am very blunt and plain with my posting.

If this place is "fine the way it is run".. well, how come so many people honestly try to suggest improvements?

This is not the first time you whined

See, there you go again: ad hominem. I do not whine, I simply agree with OP on his idea to limit the amount of threads a member can open each day to 1 or 2. I don't see how that would hurt any serious poster, and it would handicap the morons that start numerous threads each day about their love or hate for some political party, president or media, then abandon the thread to start a new one.

about how bad the site is. Your last three threads groused about how bad the site has become yet you made zero effort to author a thread in the past six months to alleviate your perceived issues with the site. You are your own problem.

I believe that one of those threads I wrote about the loss of quality of the site was amongst the most popular, most starred and flagged ones this year. This, to me, signifies that I am certainly not the only person "whining" about the nature of this site.

Again, one can't enjoy a meal when there is dung all over the floor. You can't ignore the stench.

Again, and finallly: I am still in favour of limiting the amount of threads one can start here. That not only to improve the quality of this site, but also to protect members that probably neglect other important tasks in their lives just to start (yet another) meaningless thread in here. It often puzzles me how much time some members spend in here - don't they have lives, I wonder? Anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join