It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 10 Creators Update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've been given the message by Windows that the above-mentioned update is ready for download and installation.

The thing is, I've heard of people having issues with it so wanted to ask here if you've found it stable or perhaps it has made you want to stuff your left elbow into your right ear?

Thanks!
edit on 1372017 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I started with the original "Insider Preview" that grew into "Creator Update".
The only issue so far , if you have quick hard drives and notice pauses disable Superfetch
And a couple of Nvidia's drivers vs. Windows . If you have a Nvidia video card , check their forums

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well thats something. I had no idea I'd even updated to 'creators edition' but Windows key + G opens the game bar. useless to me since I am running on a low end stock mobo with on board gpu, so nothing is enabled.

no wonder the damn thing is slow as boots in mud.

thanks M$, I just want a reasonable OS on low end hardware, not fancy pants bollocks... gah, if it were not for one application I'd have stayed in linux

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I installed a few weeks ago and it screwed up my NIC drivers. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. Rolled it back until they get all the bugs worked out.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

I've been avoiding it for weeks but it managed to self install itself last week and I've had nothing but trouble since.

Task manager no longer works, the pc won't reset without manually hitting the button, hitting install on Steam games locks up the machine, the list goes on......

A mate of mine has been suffering similar issues since he updated too.

Haven't had time due to work but I'll be rolling the build back this weekend and making sure the creators update can't get through until its fixed and I want it

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Cheers. I do have a fast system drive an M2 SSD. I also have a GTX980 Ti SC so I'm off to their forums! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Laughs in Win7 Ultimate about these problems...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Laughs in Win7 Ultimate about these problems...

Yeah, I bet.

Now that the Update issue has been ironed out.....Win7 is wonderful...and glad I stayed away from Win10....for the near future.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I will definitely be going back to 7 Ultimate on my desktop. Just haven't had the time lately.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have it for a few weeks now and no have no problem with it. Everything works as fast as it should and as fast as it was before the update.
8GB RAM, i5-5200U and SSD hard drive 500GB.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Also no problems here. I have 4 SSDs, a GTX 1080, and a 16 channel external audio interface.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Did you try installing the most recent drivers from the manufacturer's website manually? Using device manager to update drivers doesn't always give you the most recent/stable drivers for a particular device.

I've been using Creator Update with no issues, stable and fast.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Same here, no issues. Though it's worthless unless you are into video editing or do VR stuff. I'd give my left nut for an Occulus.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The best part , Microsoft changed the way that updates were delivered . Now when you receive an update , and something happens , you can roll back completely to the OS from before the update. No more having to rely on system restore , etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No problems here, things are as they were before the update, and this in a relatively old computer, an HP with a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4 GB of RAM.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I've added it to my images for laptops etc... and none of the folks I've upgraded since have had issues. There is just more stuff to opt out of.. because MS.. (and NSA.. BFF!).

Haven't had issues with any of the things listed to be honest.

join