It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American handling of won wars has failed every time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Young men die on the orders of old men's greed.

A very true quote is that, if we were faced with threat from an outside force "aliens" the world would simply forget its internal hatred.

Because we are all faced with inside threats or rather conditioned threats. We fight amongst each other.

The muslims, the west, Korea, Russia the list can go on.

Divide and conquer my friend. Can you imagine if peace broke out an people had time to reflect on what the people that they elected are to be blamed on ?

War is just a symptom of the greed disease that plagues everyone's soul.a reply to: Skorpy

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yea, Germany couldn't win the war even without the US..
they had like 6 months to crush everyone or the British and French could bring their empires to bare and after that it would just be a numbers game..

That said without the US, Germany prob gets to cut a deal, rather than the unconditional surrender that actually happened.

So no Germany was not going to win against half of the planet unless they could do it before that half of the planet could get ready and unite against them.

That said Germany creating that big of a military and that srong of an economy in less than 20 years is a feat im not sure has ever been replicated.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
You've lost every war except independence from us haven't you?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

The thing about peace is it requires EVERYONE to be content with their situation.. or having a situation people are able to be content with..

Since being content seems to the the opposed to human nature.. good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: crazyewok

Yea, Germany couldn't win the war even without the US..
they had like 6 months to crush everyone or the British and French could bring their empires to bare and after that it would just be a numbers game..

That said without the US, Germany prob gets to cut a deal, rather than the unconditional surrender that actually happened.

So no Germany was not going to win against half of the planet unless they could do it before that half of the planet could get ready and unite against them.

That said Germany creating that big of a military and that srong of an economy in less than 20 years is a feat im not sure has ever been replicated.

Your right on that I agree.

US did basically assure such dreadful odds it meant unconditional surrender was on only outcome where as UK on it own would have likely settled with a peace treaty.

That was probably true in both wars.

If your referring to WW2 Germany economy reconstruction, it might seem impressive but a lot of it was smoke and mirrors. The NAZI economy was actually incredible reckless and unstainable and relied on war to feed it
edit on 9-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If this is possible the human population would explode. The resources we have now, aren't as supplied as it was twenty years ago.

But we can change with thing called self control.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
More luck is needed to achieve that dream world but,

Take away the inside hatred caused by religion, wars for resources and stupid laws that further enslave us. Take away oil consumption and have renewable energy globally.

Take away so called leaders who are all for one an none for all.

And you are starting to have a situation everyone can be content with. a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Content is relative...

Sure some one who is poor now is better off than a poor person from the 1700's.. but people are t comparing it to that..

They are comparing it to the Rich of that day..

So it is a goal post that is always moving.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
What happens if we are not a warlike people?

When did recorded history start. When is the first recorded war?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Roughly Cyrus the great of I'm right??

Maybe something in Egypt??

It's worth a google umm be back.a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

2500bc Sumer vs Elam.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: Xeven
How many wars did you win then, except WWII(and that because only of the help of the allies)?

All of them. Some the American people forced us to end, and we had our military handcuffed and hogtied the whole time, but even then we were not losing.
Vietnam War .. 1 million of theirs dead vs 50k of ours.
Korean War 600k of theirs dead vs 35k of ours.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

2500bc Sumer vs Elam.

So basically as long as there has been recorded history there has been war

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
if the OP would have said since Vietnam era roughly, yea that would probably be a fair statement.

But to just make a blanket statement like that shows a degree of ignorance that makes me wonder a bunch of things I will not delve into since its not the mud pit.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If I'm right the vast majority of history is written around wars period and the earliest written histories include war stories.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh no by all accounts we lost Korea, Vietnam and the bay of pigs.

The point of war isn't to have the biggest body count.. its to make the other side quit and "go home" or leave their homes.

So we have absolutely lost wars.

I think their is a very good case to say we lost Afghanistan and Iraq as well..

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Want a copy of my undergrad dissertation on the MacArthur Constitution of Japan???

I could also point you to the Japanese diet(congress)
Japanese Diet Document Repository

Nevertofore in earths history has a circumstance like post imperial Japanese rule has been conceived and done so with such unequivocal success...

Never in the history of mankind has a conquering nation extended unconditional forgiveness and beneficence as did MacArthurs rule [guided by American sensibilities] afforded a defeated nation… this was and remains an inconceivable act of a kind and right society...

And was the most tangible example of American exceptionalism in history and the furtherance of our hard won revolution and the founders dreams over 2 centuries ago...

In short, Japan remains a shining example of the high West's position atop the social Darwinian latter…
A proveable, tangible state founded upon western ideals born from the wreckage of a country utterly destroyed by war who would climb to world dominance in less than two generations after being annihilated in every conceivable way...

And I consider them to be as a state of my great country....and worthy of our every resource allowable...and South Korea the same

-Chris

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How did we lose Korea, the purpose of our troops being there was to preserve the South Korean govt from the Norths attack.

Yes later we switched to attacking the north under the guise of freeing north korea from soviet influence.

While we failed at the secondary goal the primary goal of saving south korea from the invasion was a success.

(also bay of pigs was a political fiasco not really a war)

Yea we lost the war in Vietnam because we totally and completely failed when it came to presenting our side to the people, and then we let the politicians dick up the process of you know fighting a war.

On the field of battle despite the handcuffs the politicians places on our troops, we stomped a mud hole in their back sides far more often than not.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Depends on your definition of lost. We gave up because the American people didn't want the war.

I would suppose the most accurate thing to say is we have never been beaten, but the people have not wanted to win every war so we have picked up our ball a few times.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee OP. I thought that failure on these sort of things was part of the American way.

Oh no, no. Just look at the 'successes' in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria.

We "Democratized'" them.

Did you mean "Demoncrazitized" them?

Depends on the country. UK gubment just declared their selling of billions of arms to the Saudis to be legal...

Yemenis that don't go along will be coalesced by the coalition into collateral casualties.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join