It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a Pediatrician Trans Ideology Has Infiltrated My Field and Produced Large-Scale Child Abuse.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am a parent, i agree with some other posters on here, adults make their own decisions and that's that.

Children will be that just children, boys will like girls things and vice versa, i have nieces who are super hero mad, run around dressed as the hulk, batman and identify with male superheroes, the age old question why don't i have a winky blah blah blah, doesn't mean they should be encouraged to identify as male ... i mean i read some of these articles and i do wonder what goes through peoples minds to discuss gender identification with "children", they are finding themselves and we shouldn't be pushing things onto them, we should always support them and let them naturally find who they are and when old enough they can make their own decisions.

Kids (mine anyway ha ha) go through phases in life, its perfectly normal to be curious and flit from obsession of something to complete repugnance ...its normal behavior.

This is just how i feel.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: CurlySue

The apostle Paul wrote

This is where you lost all credibility.....doctor(?).

Not with everyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good article. I do not believe anyone should be doing transgender therapy on kids. If a kid wants this, they can wait till they are eighteen. There should be a law against transforming the gender of kids. That is not part of parenting a child. If their kid wants it, then after they are eighteen the parents may help them financially. That is it.

Parents seem to be pushing this too much, kids go through phases.

It's a little disappointing it took (5) pages for this to be said. I've been reading every reply looking for just this theme, else I was going to post it.

Another way of saying it is, it's one thing to allow a child identify with whatever sex they identify with, but it's a whole other thing to predetermine this identity FOR the child. Encouraging a child to identify with a sex other than it's biological sex is indeed abuse in my opinion. A child should be allowed to do what it is capable of doing (for it's age). Intervening, either medically or psychologically, in a child's development sexually is both irresponsible and wrong. The child would not be capable of doing this on it's own, and therefore someone shouldn't do it for them.

There's a reason benchmarks have been set to determine adulthood (i.e. age thresholds), and this is to protect / prevent children from getting into situations which they could not otherwise get into unless they were specifically guided there by adults. In some respects this concept is the very underpinning of the definition of child abuse. Obviously, 'abuse' does not have to be a physical act, but can very much be a medical and/or psychological one.

The job of a parent is to protect a child's basic needs of safety, health, welfare and to set the stage for its future well-being, but should stop short of actually determining the child's destiny.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CurlySue

Im confused.... what does this say about homosexuality then?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Another day, another trans-phobic hit-piece on ATS.

Any poster on any forum that starts a thread with 'I am an expert' is always talking nonsense, we should know this, and yet a disturbing number of people on ATS have accepted it and gone oh yes, this 'pediatrician' is saying something that supports my own prejudices, so THEY MUST BE AN EXPERT AS THEY SAY!

Has OP provided a shred of evidence? No.

Is OP coming from a well known anti-gay anti-trans organisation? Yes.

Should OPs claims be taken with a pinch of salt? Apparently not.

Here's the hard and unpleasant truth folks, every day trans people are being bullied, assaulted, murdered, because of transphobic stuff like this.

Whenever we have a thread that contains a bunch of stuff like this from page 2:

"Please, im sure the inmates would love some fresh meat that think they are a lady! Give em all a dress when they go in"

We are contributing to a world where totally innocent people are getting assaulted and murdered. This is why transphobia is a real thing, and why it is something that needs to be spoken out against.

It's not a 'sickness' it's not 'child abuse', it's not 'disgusting'.

Frankly what is disgusting is the obsession by many on the Right with other peoples genitals and what they do with them. But that's a whole other topic.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I didn't read the post as an attack, sorry maybe its just me being naive, my view isn't about whether its right or wrong, each to their own is what i say, my issue comes with allowing "children" who don't even know themselves to be allowed to make drastic steps to alter themselves at such a young age.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Here's the hard and unpleasant truth folks, every day trans people are being bullied, assaulted, murdered, because of transphobic stuff like this.

We are contributing to a world where totally innocent people are getting assaulted and murdered. This is why transphobia is a real thing, and why it is something that needs to be spoken out against.

Phobic much???

Phoba-phobia. Hey, maybe it's a new word (though I doubt it)....a phobia about other people's perceived phobias.

I'm not a pediatrician (nor do I play one on TV), but I am an educated, responsible and functioning adult. For my part, I can't help but notice some terms in this thread being used somewhat interchangeably when they are anything but interchangeable. In fact, I dare say some of this usage is by design to further some kind of an agenda.

Sex is a biological fact in 99.9% of live births. Some here seem to be attempting to make the distinction between gender identity and homosexuality (which is probably okay), but then combine these two concepts for the sake of defending one or the other (which 'may' be okay depending on how this is presented). HOWEVER, to defend the notion that medical intervention should be employed to align biological reality with gender identity should even be permissible for a child under the age of legal consent is flat-out WRONG...and I don't care who does it, or how you slice it! It's morally wrong, it's ethically wrong, and it should be criminal if it isn't already. Period.

It is fair enough to suggest there are phobias over homosexuality; these can be backed up with real-world statistics. The same would likely hold true for gender "identity" (although I would wonder how this data was gathered). However, to extend this argument and suggest there is some great big phobia over "trans-sexual" children presupposes the notion that such a thing can even be allowed exist (in meaningful numbers) in the first place.

As such, this thread (the OP) was about gender identity and subsequent encouragement of physical gender transition during developmental years in children. To defend this position by using examples of homophobia is disingenuous at best and sorely misguided. The majority of opposing responses to the OP have done exactly this, used homophobia as the basis for discrediting the OP and the material cited in the OP. There is a difference, and frankly the gay, lesbian, arguments should play no role in the determination of validity of the OP or supporting arguments. A person can be gay or lesbian without having a sex-change.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Ok so you start a thread claiming to be an industry expert (pediatrician) per the subject of said thread then instead of leading with professional knowledge/experience you offer us a religious rant complete with scripture. You then proceed to use a known right wing fundamentalist group (the American college of pediatricians) that poses as an academic institution as a reference and you expect us to take you seriously.

Am I the only one who finds this highly suspect?? Is this not a conspiracy site anymore? This is a perfect example of how confirmation bias is welcomed with open arms around here as long as it is sprinkled with conservative and religious overtones. If I made a thread and said that I was an "industry insider" and will be sharing sensitive information about UFO's I would be torn apart and ridiculed by an angry mob. Claim to be a pediatrician however and base my argument against something off of religious scripture and it's totally cool though...riiiiiiight!
edit on 9-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

So your post is about protecting adult trans people, which is fine, but you totally missed the point of this OP, which is about protecting children, how many tom-girl types become more lady like when they get to their late teens, doesn't mean they want to be a man, and it shouldn't be encouraged and cheered on by people just wanting more to join their little club, so they can further validate their life style choice.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

And that's exactly what it is too, furthering the validation of their own lifestyle choices.

And, this is precisely why it shouldn't even be a consideration for anyone under the age of consent, hence off-limits as a discussion topic in any publicly funded education environment.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There are some of us who more or less agree with this, but there are quite a few aggressive and obsessive voices on this site who make such declarations not worth making.

I agree that as the parent it's my job to let my kid be who he is. I wonder today if there isn't such a push to explore and "understand" trans-ideology that parents don't get confused by what exactly it is and go overboard out of an abundance of caution assuming little Susie might be showing that she's a "he" when she's really more of a tomboy or vice versa.

I was always a tomboy, but I never thought I was a boy. Today? What might the world have done to me?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

Am I the only one who finds this highly suspect?? Is this not a conspiracy site anymore? This is a perfect example of how confirmation bias is welcomed with open arms around here as long as it is sprinkled with conservative and religious overtones.

That's complete load of absolute RUBBISH, and you know it!

I'm so absolutely and thoroughly sick of people throwing this argument out on every single damn thread where there is a disagreement, it makes me want to VOMIT!! It is the most pathetic and weak argument in the history of the universe!!!

"Whaaaaaa...alt-right ATS....Whaaaaa....religious ATS....Whaaaaaa....ATS used to be so much better in the 'old days'....Whaaaaaa!" (sniff, sniff)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Painterz

So your post is about protecting adult trans people, which is fine, but you totally missed the point of this OP, which is about protecting children, how many tom-girl types become more lady like when they get to their late teens, doesn't mean they want to be a man, and it shouldn't be encouraged and cheered on by people just wanting more to join their little club, so they can further validate their life style choice.

Every single Trans person I've ever known knew from a very young age that they were the wrong gender identity.

Every single one of them suffered for decades until they could get help transitioning to what was right for them.

Forcing them to wait until they are 16/18 before they can seek gender reassignment options might not be very humane, given the years of bullying and anguish they have to deal with until they are 'allowed' to seek help.

There isn't some grand evil liberal conspiracy to force poor innocent children to become the opposite gender here. We're talking about tiny numbers of kids who need help.

Kids aren't being 'forced' by 'evil liberals' to put on dresses. That's just an absurd invention of the alt-right designed so they can stir up transphobia and fear of the other.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thread closed for staff review.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join