It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m a Pediatrician Trans Ideology Has Infiltrated My Field and Produced Large-Scale Child Abuse.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: Abysha

Yes and not pushing influential ideas upon a childs' impressionable mind is most important as I'm sure you know. They must use their intuition to figure it out.

Thisssss....

And guess how you can influence an impressionable mind? (Btw adolescent minds are the most impressionable)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
From a study done in Sweden, the number one country all about it

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity [diseased state] than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism

Source

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Thank you very much for that.

And BTW, "children" is a common catch all for everyone beneath 18.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ok good for you

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thank you very much for that.

And BTW, "children" is a common catch all for everyone beneath 18.

True, but in a clinical context that word is very out-of-place, and it is actively misleading when what the author is referring to is adolescence.

link   

No Dear you see certain parents may be a bit TOO liberal.

Just remember that children are malleable and nebulous. I wouldn't support the supporting of transgender feelings in a person until about 14 or so. Anyway, I'm just trying to defend the conservative side. I'm a trans girl and I used to be very liberal.

link   
a reply to: CurlySue

Wow, CurlySue. 141 Lightning Bolts under your avatar in less than 24 hours as an ATS member! I've never seen that many attacks upon a newbie here. You're certainly "triggering" a lot of people this day.
edit on 7/8/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
From a study done in Sweden, the number one country all about it

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity [diseased state] than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism

Source

Yes. The Sweden paper is infamous for its dishonesty. Look at the source data and you'll see why.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No Dear you see certain parents may be a bit TOO liberal.

Just remember that children are malleable and nebulous. I wouldn't support the supporting of transgender feelings in a person until about 14 or so. Anyway, I'm just trying to defend the conservative side. I'm a trans girl and I used to be very liberal.

Does that mean you would misgender your child until they were 14?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I'm sure you wouldn't want your children expressing transgender, just to regret it later. It's a frightening prospect for parents I think? If a bit unfounded.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

From the OP:

7. There is no proof that affirmation prevents suicide in children.

Advocates of the transition-affirming protocol allege that suicide is the direct and inevitable consequence of withholding social affirmation and biological alterations from a gender-dysphoric child. In other words, those who do not endorse the transition-affirming protocol are essentially condemning gender-dysphoric children to suicide.

Yet as noted earlier, prior to the widespread promotion of transition affirmation, 75 to 95 percent of gender-dysphoric youth ended up happy with their biological sex after simply passing through puberty.

In addition, contrary to the claim of activists, there is no evidence that harassment and discrimination, let alone lack of affirmation, are the primary cause of suicide among any minority group. In fact, at least one study from 2008 found perceived discrimination by LGBT-identified individuals not to be causative.

Over 90 percent of people who commit suicide have a diagnosed mental disorder, and there is no evidence that gender-dysphoric children who commit suicide are any different. Many gender dysphoric children simply need therapy to get to the root of their depression, which very well may be the same problem triggering the gender dysphoria.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No, i'm just making a defense for the conservative side, even though I don't agree with that. It's the majority here.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I am just so tired of these threads.

I KNOW!!! I'm so sick of conservatives shoving transgender topics down my throat!

Maybe if you wouldn't tell us that sexuality is begun to be discovered and explored at the age of 3..

Who is talking about sexuality?!

So there is no sexuality involved at any point of the transgender journey ? You can assure that a transgender young male won't be gyrating like his fav icon Beyonce ? Many children are being indoctrinated sexually through music videos .. I can't see why transgendered children would not be as well.

Not to mention just about every show on television now has an LBGT character.
Indoctrination from all sides.
Mother nature has decided what is to be from conception.
I fear the consequences of our actions will be disastrous.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't even know where to begin, in the first place, I saw no evidence of large scale child abuse in your O.P. In addition, I was expecting you to provide some evidence that trans ideology had "infiltrated" your field. I also felt that the religious argument was not a very strong one.

Gender roles are largely a social construct. There used to be a lot of gender segregation in the past, with certain jobs for each gender, certain roles for each gender in the household, certain interests for each gender, certain clothes and hairstyles for each gender, etc.

What is happening these days is people are gaining the freedom to do anything, regardless of what gender it was traditionally meant for. Some men are staying at home while their wives go to work. Women are entering the workforce and some even have positions of power.

I guess my point on this is that gender is NOT a biological reality but a social construct. It is NOT a biological reality that women wear dresses and men don't, or that women belong in the kitchen, or that the man has to provide for his family.

So your argument that gender is a biological reality is baseless. A transgender person simply likes the gender role that does not match their biological sex.

As for there being neurological differences between gay men and straight men, I graduated with a psychology degree and I can tell you that there are differences. I am not up to speed on what the differences are between a trans woman and a gay man neurologically or anything like that, I would have to do more research.
edit on 09amSun, 09 Jul 2017 00:10:02 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soccermom

From the OP:

7. There is no proof that affirmation prevents suicide in children.

Advocates of the transition-affirming protocol allege that suicide is the direct and inevitable consequence of withholding social affirmation and biological alterations from a gender-dysphoric child. In other words, those who do not endorse the transition-affirming protocol are essentially condemning gender-dysphoric children to suicide.

Yet as noted earlier, prior to the widespread promotion of transition affirmation, 75 to 95 percent of gender-dysphoric youth ended up happy with their biological sex after simply passing through puberty.

In addition, contrary to the claim of activists, there is no evidence that harassment and discrimination, let alone lack of affirmation, are the primary cause of suicide among any minority group. In fact, at least one study from 2008 found perceived discrimination by LGBT-identified individuals not to be causative.

Over 90 percent of people who commit suicide have a diagnosed mental disorder, and there is no evidence that gender-dysphoric children who commit suicide are any different. Many gender dysphoric children simply need therapy to get to the root of their depression, which very well may be the same problem triggering the gender dysphoria.

Of course she's going to say that.

Ask yourself why you would believe in a pediatrician who is sponsored by the American College of Pediatricians, a conservative advocacy group with 500 members. Yet you ignore the actual medical association (American Academy of Pediatrics) with over 64,000 members who disagree with her?

So I can't even respond to your post because it isn't based in reality; just propaganda.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yes, as to this topic, I think a large majority of members agree. I agree.

There are so many reasons this is happening. Im not sure our society is ready for 24/7 communication and instant information traveling both in and out of everyone. *I KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS THOUGHT ON A LOT OF TOPICS*

And the chemicals they use in food is a big issue possibly related. Some level of societal programming has been hijacked as well.

ATS these days leans a bit right, but I remember not too many years ago, I think it leaned a little left. That kind of changed when what it meant to be liberal changed. So. Im not sure ATS is so much a more right leaning site than before, but maybe we are actually pretty close to the same while society has changed around us. I dunno. Just a thought.
edit on 9-7-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I should have stressed in my comment about GNP that I meant in the extreme cases where there might be some subliminal or even deliberate encouragement going on. I just watched a cartload of videos on them on YouTube, I was trying to find one I watched last year, where the parents did much more than support the child and had them on the drugs at age 11, then the child had a later update of regret and completely changed their mind. I ended up only finding the sex change regret website instead.

What you are doing with your child is fairly normal. I see nothing wrong with it. Most mothers don't really care what toys their daughter prefers or if they dress as a tomboy. It's usually the father who encourages boy things for his son.

I had one boy two girls , so naturally there was a variety of toys to play with. My son was always a very sensitive boy and to this day is still this way, never ashamed to cry and when I give him a birthday card he actually reads out loud the soppy verse it comes with. He's a very fashionable dresser and goes to stores that gay men shop in, who help pick clothes for you because as he says " gay guys really know how to dress good". At the same time he's very much into sports and "manly" things

My daughters are very different, one was a complete tomboy, the other who played with dolls, did all the girly things but used to get very envious her brother was put into ice hockey. Kept asking her father if she could join as well, wanted to be a Goalie. He said no. The equipment is expensive. This daughter is gay , married a girl. I couldn't be happier for her.

Anyways when it came time she wanted to tell us she was gay, she got her sister to break the ice, who comes in with " one of your children is gay" I said " I know he is, I've always known!" No not him! Was kinda funny, He was the one who hung out with the gay community after all. He even dressed up as a girl in a tight mini skirt for Halloween once. My daughter kept her friends more hidden.

edit on 9-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Anyways when it came time she wanted to tell us she was gay, she got her sister to break the ice, who comes in with " one of your children is gay" I said " I know he is, I've always known!" No not him!

I can't say I see eye to eye with you but I just have to say that's one of the best "coming out" stories I've ever heard.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm amused how many people think OP is a pediatrician. I suppose the article could be about her, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

That's all to be expected when the citation the OP used is published by The Heritage Foundation. For this reason who aren't familiar with them, they're a right wing think tank who started because they thought that Nixon was too liberal! And the pediatrician in question? She's a member of an organization whose name makes them sound as if they have the backing of pediatricians across the U.S. when they have approximately 500 members. For context, there are a little under 250,000 practicing pediatricians in the U.S.

I don't take umbrage over their political leanings. While most conservatives call le a snowflake, commie pinko looking. Or my safe space, most liberals call me a baby killing conservative based on my military background and my penchant for building and collecting firearms. Basically, I just want my gay friends to be able to protect their marijuana gardens with whatever guns they want to own. But I'm vastly digressing from my initial point.

My issue with the American College of Pediatricians is that they choose to inform their interpretation of science with an evangelical version of Christianity and as you noted, cherry pick, ignore or grossly misrepresent any science that doesn't agree with their particular theological leanings. That's not science. Properly informed science is dictated by the data whether we like that data or not and whether or not it plays into our preexisting confirmation biases.

That's not what this woman is doing. She is using her faith to justify skewing or misrepresenting data to support her agenda. She is doing exactly what those who dispute any data reportedly climatologists claim is occurring. Those who support this woman are in the vast majority of cases (at least in the context of ATS posters) are massive hypocrites because she's telling them what they want to hear.

This woman has been using the same tactics for years in her anti gay rants, misrepresents and skews data while people lick their lips and say "let's see someone try to dispute the woman with the MD when they don't have the credentials to properly do so". Meanwhile, they don't have the background to know if she's even telling the truth or not and they don't care because she's feeding into their preexisting notions by making it look like people are taking their 6 year old to Sweden to get his penis turned inside out while spiking his fruit loops with female hormones. The cognitive dissonance in this thread is mind numbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join