It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Restaurant Owner Says 30 Employees Left Due To ICE Crackdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: seasonal

and crops are rotting in the field because there aren't workers to pick them.

www.independent.com...

The hatred for Mexicans is going to prove expensive.

www.proag.com...

www.latimes.com...

I can't speak for everyone, but most of us don't hate Mexicans we just believe if we have to follow the laws that Congress creates then so do they and by law illegal aliens need to be deported. That and it pisses me off when some illegal immigrant is in front of me at walmart buying better food then i can afford because they came here and dropped a few kids.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. ALL immigrants need to assimilate. They need to lean to speak English. It doesn't have to be perfect just functional. Our broke country should not be paying for 50 kind of translators and signs and special classes because you cant learn some English. WTF. My grandparents came here from Italy and they had to learn to speak some English. Is that asking too much. You can't have a country full of people that can't communicate with one another with a common language. And if i have to order food from one more person who cant understand English I am going to pop a vein. And they need an attitude of America first, because if Amerca isnt first they can move to wherever is first for them. Wooo, i feel better now.

edit on 26-6-2017 by Trumpamania because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2017 by Trumpamania because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2017 by Trumpamania because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Americans don't want to work for $9-10 an hour doing hard labor and why would they?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

more than 30 immigrant workers left in fear after a Department of Homeland Security worker hand-delivered a letter demanding documentation of their immigration status.

Why not ? I had to send in paperwork through the company I was a 15 year veteran of (at the time , a MAJOR company) to prove I was a citizen . My family (or at least a lot of it) goes back before the immigrants landed at Plymouth Rock.
So , I dont see a problem...
If they want to quit a job , that is them. I guarantee I will not shed one tear.
And what scared them if they were legal ?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Looks like the deterrent worked.

If you 30 don't came back after receiving a message about showing their legal documents then I would imagine the majority are not legit and just a few are.

So this is a good thing

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Yeah...duh! 30 split and he claims they are all legal? Why'd they split then? He's not too smart apparently.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

ROFLMAO - does anyone actually believe this crap ????????????

sure they are all legal - and all ran away rather than simply produce the paperwork they alledgedly have

please - you dont believe this do youu ?????

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Is this a urban legend?

No, this is how people I knew used to do it if there wasn't quite enough to make it work. My own family was in that category once or twice for a time.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Do you liberals listen to yourselves?

It is slave labor. SLAVE LABOR.

What is it with democrats and slaves?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is now a way of life. Working year after year multiple pt jobs sucks. And guess what no benefits, guess who pays for those?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Of course the owner for the restaurant says all is in compliance with immigration laws. But he lost 30 workers, odd. Oh the owner also think the govt is targeting Hispanics and they are fearful of being separated from families. Wonder if the owner would have a reason to employ illegal maybe financial?

The workers that left are not necessarily illegals. They may know of illegals that are in some way connected to them through family or friends, and may fear that identifying themselves to the ICE agents would lead to further inquiry into their "network" of acquaintances, exposing all those they care about to the risk of deportation, destroying their community that supports them or would support them in times of need, etc..So, they quit, rather than provide more "information" to the agents on who they are, where they live, who they know, where they came from, etc..The ICE agents aren't their "friends", they are not there to "help" but to demolish the networks that "harbor" illegals in any form, for any reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Ya maybe.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ya maybe.

No maybe about it. If I'm legal, but my girlfriend is illegal, and she and her family are getting shelter under my roof, being harbored by me, using my legal status to get work to provide income to support all of us, there's no way I'm going to hang around a job where ICE is investigating everybody and their background working there. As soon as I hear ICE is coming, I scoot, find another temporary job. Doesn't make any sense for me to take the risk, that after showing ICE my "legal documentation", they use the address to come check things out more thoroughly, by coming to my home on a surprise visit to "verify" some things, like I really live there, etc..and find my illegal girlfriend, deport her and her family, and leave me a single guy, once again, with nothing to live for, and no motivation to go to work any more. We don't work for the "joy of working". We work to get the money to support our real joys, like being with our family, spending time with our loved ones, etc..So, that's what is really at risk, when ICE comes around. It's not really about the worker's legal status, it's about who they know that may be illegal. No one wants to shoot themselves in the foot, nor to be considered "a rat", or to hurt those that are their friends, especially, since a lot of living is about "networking".

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If someone is in fear because they are harboring illegals, then they are also breaking the law.

The people in this restaurant were most likely illegals who were working with false documents.
ETA:
The owner of the restaurant pretty much confirms that their documentation might not be legit. From the OP:

potentially less than properly documented

edit on 6/27/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It is so hard to understand why others are not understanding your common sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yes I know. I have routinely called out that the argument that they are good for the economy is basically advocating indentured servitude or slavery so that they may live their cushy lives.

Its just another example of how people can claim to have the moral high ground while secretly harboring some very disgusting beliefs.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

If someone is in fear because they are harboring illegals, then they are also breaking the law.

That's the thing. They are not breaking the law.

Not until someone "accuses" them of breaking the law.

The only entity in the nation that can decide who is breaking the law is the courts.

Everyone else is just able to "accuse" you, because of their own personal "belief."

You are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.

So, as long as no one accuses you, you can never be guilty of breaking any law.

Man made laws are not absolutes, standing independent of people. They are contracts "between" people in society. So, another human has to "interpret" what you are doing as right or wrong, according to the law.

The Church believes it is right to give undocumented safe harbor, because it's the charitable thing to do, to help a fellow human being in need, who is requesting that help. So, everybody has their own view on what is "right".

At the end of the day, until ICE arrests some of these guys, drags them into court, and the judge declares them guilty, they haven't broken any law.

So, the trick is to stay out of sight of those who might interpret their actions as law breaking.

That's what all Americans do.

Nobody saw when you crossed the street illegally, so you didn't get a "jay walking" ticket. I'm sure nobody in America ever turned himself or herself into the police and declared "I just jay walked" so I'm doing the right thing, and coming in to report myself, to get that ticket.

People break all sorts of laws (as would be determined, in the eyes of others) all the time, out of sight from other people.

Many people don't even know all the laws that they are breaking, because nobody bothered to point it out to them.

You can live your entire life, breaking all sorts of laws, and never even know it yourself, because nobody accused you, so you think you're squeaky clean, and you are, until someone says no, and even then, they have to prove it in court, for it to be established as a fact.

That's why the innocent run, when they see police. They know they didn't do anything wrong, but they don't know what the police will come up with, and invent, that might then "stick" to their record.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Huh?

Am I understanding you to say that no one is breaking the law unless they get caught?

ummm.. wow.

So... if someone murders someone, but does not get caught, then they did not break the law?

ETA: Did you have a mother?

edit on 6/27/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Am I understanding you to say that no one is breaking the law unless they get caught?

What do you mean by "get caught?"

Immediately, you're presuming that they did something wrong. Were you there? Do you know the circumstances?

Do you know if it was self defense?

Why do you think we have "courts" to decide these things?

If you were there, you could form an "opinion".

If not, it's he said, she said, and only he can speak. So, what to do?

There's no murder, until there is some accuser, and then judge and jury decides.

How do you know it wasn't "manslaughter" ?

Your, honor, she fell on my knife, it was an accident.

Huh?

Do you see the point?

No one is guilty until the court decides.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

What do you mean by "get caught?"

Immediately, you're presuming that they did something wrong. Were you there? Do you know the circumstances?

Do you know if it was self defense?

Why do you think we have "courts" to decide these things?

If you were there, you could form an "opinion".

If not, it's he said, she said, and only he can speak. So, what to do?

There's no murder, until there is some accuser, and then judge and jury decides.

How do you know it wasn't "manslaughter" ?

Your, honor, she fell on my knife, it was an accident.

Huh?

Do you see the point?

No one is guilty until the court decides.

relativism. Pure post modern garbage.

This is the sort of mentality that justifies genocide.

How do we know that genocide wasn't for good reasons?

As long as someone stronger than you doesn't punish you for genocide, you have done nothing wrong.

What a terrible ideology.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This is the sort of mentality that justifies genocide.

How do we know that genocide wasn't for good reasons?

As long as someone stronger than you doesn't punish you for genocide, you have done nothing wrong.

What a terrible ideology.

President George Bush ordered war in Iraq that resulted in the death of 200,000 iraqies. Just to go after one madman, called Saddam. Did anybody arrest George Bush for that genocide? As long as nobody arrests Bush, takes him to a court, and convicts him, George Bush did nothing wrong.

That's how the system works.

One day, the International Courts might decide to arrest Bush, and put him on trial. But, today, he is a free man, because he obeyed the law.

Hitler obeyed the law, until the International Court decided that he and all his kin were crooked, and started putting Nazis on trial.

So, yes, it's a bit about power. The one who has the power to decide what is right and what is wrong, decides whether you broke the law or not.

In every case, some "court" decides this. We weakling ordinary common folk, don't get to decide if the things we do are right or wrong. We can only accuse others, and feel self-righteous about our own personal opinions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join