It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Restaurant Owner Says 30 Employees Left Due To ICE Crackdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ut oh, looks like ICE is hitting Baltimore hard, and a restaurant had 30 workers pack up and leave. The owner says they are all legal. The restaurants customers were stunned by the terrorizing of the people just trying to work.

The owner of one of Canton’s most popular waterfront restaurants, The Boathouse, says more than 30 immigrant workers left in fear after a Department of Homeland Security worker hand-delivered a letter demanding documentation of their immigration status.
That stunned the eatery’s customers.

“It seems like terrorizing people who are trying to work at the restaurant,” says customer Michelle Zhang. “It’s not only bad for for the business but it’s bad for the families.”
baltimore.cbslocal.com...

Of course the owner for the restaurant says all is in compliance with immigration laws. But he lost 30 workers, odd. Oh the owner also think the govt is targeting Hispanics and they are fearful of being separated from families. Wonder if the owner would have a reason to employ illegal maybe financial?

Owner Gene Singleton insists his business was in compliance with immigration law.

He posted a letter posted online Saturday, he wrote:

“Based on our Government’s current practices of targeting the Hispanic Community, properly documented and potentially less than properly documented are all fearful of being separated from their families, many with small children. Many went home to pack up and leave.”

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good. I'm glad.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yeah something doesnt sound right... I wonder if they were all valid workers by way of fraudulent / stolen ssn / I-9 information.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I've eaten there and I can say the service was atrocious. Maybe it's good if they get some new help.

edit on 26-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

and crops are rotting in the field because there aren't workers to pick them.

www.independent.com...

The hatred for Mexicans is going to prove expensive.

www.proag.com...

www.latimes.com...
edit on 26-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Perhaps. Having what seems to be a mass of "menial" laborers removed from the market means a lack of labor. Perhaps wages going up?

Wonder how long it will take to get you farmers omelet in Baltimore?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I had no idea about that.

But to be fair, classifying anyone who is pro-legal immigration and critical of illegal immigrants, won't necessarily fall into the category of "Hating Mexicans"... in fact those individuals would likely be a small minority.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Pay=productivity

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

That's EASILY fixed. Anyone in Santa Barbara receiving public assistance report to the fields before you receive your tax payer funded free ride.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Many people work full time and are not earning poverty level wages-hence SNAP and other public ass.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Many people work full time and are not earning poverty level wages-hence SNAP and other public ass.

Many people used to work multiple jobs. Life sucks sometimes, ya?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Is this a urban legend?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Is this a urban legend?

No, this was "I grew up in the 80s watching my Dad pull a day laborer job AND work night shift at a warehouse in rural New Mexico to keep the lights on." No urban legend about it. My Dad has something called 'pride' and we didn't take food stamps. Somewhere along the line a plan was devised by those in power to remove the stigmas that were and that SHOULD BE attached to public assistance, removing pride and shame from doing their wonderful jobs: motivating people to earn their own way in this world.

These unpicked fields would seem to be a fantastic reintroduction of those concepts back into American life.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If the employees were legal why quit?Second line.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.independent.com...

www.proag.com...

www.latimes.com...

This old chestnut.

Yes, we know you want to live a comfortable life off of the pain and suffering of migrant workers getting low wages, but the rest of us aren't as "tolerant" as you I guess.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Those fields would be picked clean if the market was allowed work.

Illegal pickers have made corps fat with profit and has given the American population a false sense of costs of produce. Never making the connection of social program abuse by illegals along with schools, police, hospitals.....

Now we are going to pay the proverbial piper.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ut oh, looks like ICE is hitting Baltimore hard, and a restaurant had 30 workers pack up and leave. The owner says they are all legal. The restaurants customers were stunned by the terrorizing of the people just trying to work.

The owner of one of Canton’s most popular waterfront restaurants, The Boathouse, says more than 30 immigrant workers left in fear after a Department of Homeland Security worker hand-delivered a letter demanding documentation of their immigration status.
That stunned the eatery’s customers.

“It seems like terrorizing people who are trying to work at the restaurant,” says customer Michelle Zhang. “It’s not only bad for for the business but it’s bad for the families.”
baltimore.cbslocal.com...

Of course the owner for the restaurant says all is in compliance with immigration laws. But he lost 30 workers, odd. Oh the owner also think the govt is targeting Hispanics and they are fearful of being separated from families. Wonder if the owner would have a reason to employ illegal maybe financial?

Owner Gene Singleton insists his business was in compliance with immigration law.

He posted a letter posted online Saturday, he wrote:

“Based on our Government’s current practices of targeting the Hispanic Community, properly documented and potentially less than properly documented are all fearful of being separated from their families, many with small children. Many went home to pack up and leave.”

Then fine the SOB for hiring them in the first place! What goes around, comes around.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Agreed

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As it turned out all 30 workers remembered they had forgotten to vote.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.independent.com...

www.proag.com...

www.latimes.com...

Sorry we gotta take the slave labor away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join