It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump‘s Red Line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Seymour M. Hersh investigated the case of the alleged Sarin gas attack and the WELT, a german paper, runs his story. That alone reeks of political madness and I didn't even dive into his piece yet.

Anyway, here's a snippet:

At the UN the next day, Ambassador Haley created a media sensation when she displayed photographs of the dead and accused Russia of being complicit. “How many more children have to die before Russia cares?” she asked. NBC News, in a typical report that day, quoted American officials as confirming that nerve gas had been used and Haley tied the attack directly to Syrian President Assad. "We know that yesterday’s attack was a new low even for the barbaric Assad regime,” she said. There was irony in America's rush to blame Syria and criticize Russia for its support of Syria's denial of any use of gas in Khan Sheikhoun, as Ambassador Haley and others in Washington did. "What doesn't occur to most Americans" the adviser said, "is if there had been a Syrian nerve gas attack authorized by Bashar, the Russians would be 10 times as upset as anyone in the West. Russia’s strategy against ISIS, which involves getting American cooperation, would have been destroyed and Bashar would be responsible for pissing off Russia, with unknown consequences for him. Bashar would do that? When he’s on the verge of winning the war? Are you kidding me?”

Trump, a constant watcher of television news, said, while King Abdullah of Jordan was sitting next to him in the Oval Office, that what had happened was “horrible, horrible” and a “terrible affront to humanity.” Asked if his administration would change its policy toward the Assad government, he said: “You will see.” He gave a hint of the response to come at the subsequent news conference with King Abdullah: “When you kill innocent children, innocent babies – babies, little babies – with a chemical gas that is so lethal ... that crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line . ... That attack on children yesterday had a big impact on me. Big impact ... It’s very, very possible ... that my attitude toward Syria and Assad has changed very much.”

At this point, the adviser said, the president’s national security planners were more than a little rattled: “No one knew the provenance of the photographs. We didn’t know who the children were or how they got hurt. Sarin actually is very easy to detect because it penetrates paint, and all one would have to do is get a paint sample. We knew there was a cloud and we knew it hurt people. But you cannot jump from there to certainty that Assad had hidden sarin from the UN because he wanted to use it in Khan Sheikhoun.” The intelligence made clear that a Syrian Air Force SU-24 fighter bomber had used a conventional weapon to hit its target: There had been no chemical warhead. And yet it was impossible for the experts to persuade the president of this once he had made up his mind. “The president saw the photographs of poisoned little girls and said it was an Assad atrocity,” the senior adviser said. “It’s typical of human nature. You jump to the conclusion you want. Intelligence analysts do not argue with a president. They’re not going to tell the president, ‘if you interpret the data this way, I quit.’”

Trump‘s Red Line

Why did you folks vote Trump again? Forget about that.
He knew it was a conventional weapon and decided to strike nonetheless.

Have at it!

edit on 26-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

And then there's...

This conversation was provided to Seymour Hersh. It is betweeen a security adviser and an active US American soldier on duty on a key operational base about the events in Khan Sheikhoun. We have made abbreviations: American soldier (AS) and Security Advisor (SA). WELT AM SONNTAG is aware of the location of the deployment. For security reasons, certain details of military operations have been omitted

April 6, 2017

American Soldier: We got a #in‘ problem

Security-Adviser: What happened? Is it the Trump ignoring the Intel and going to try to hit the Syrians? And that we’re pissing on the Russians?

AS: This is bad...Things are spooling up.

[...]

AS: And now we’re shoving a # load of TLAMs (tomahawks) up their ass.

SA: There has been a hidden agenda all along. This is about trying to ultimately go after Iran. What the people around Trump do not understand is that the Russians are not a paper tiger and that they have more robust military capability than we do.

„We got a #in‘ problem“

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
WELT as a source ? Give me a break.

You are going to rely on a site owned by a guy named Springer !

Doh !

Buck

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I know, I'm with you on that one. Usually.

But... still, it's Seymour Hersh we're talking about and not Friede Springer. Yes, it's a woman running Merkels propagandaworld. 90% Axel Springer right there, I reckon she wants to actually have a piece of journalism on her site for once.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

"the senior adviser said...."
"the advisor said..."

Over and over through the article.

Who?

mg

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Who are these sources? Can you show me links showing no Sarin was used? Because I read numerous MSM articles saying it was used ...

Then again I guess any Trump hit piece is reliable to you.
edit on 26-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So you've never heard of Seymour Hersh as well? Where is the evidence for a Sarin attack then?

How am I supposed to prove a negative to you?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I was just messing with you know who on that. I really wish he would post more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hersh has credibility, yet no one wants to run with what he has other than one German publication.............hmmmmm.

On the other hand, its well worth our time to throw out as many zingers as possible.

When Vlad finds out the Persians are passing on every piece of classified they can get their hands on, he's really going be pissed.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Persians are passing on every piece of classified they can get their hands on

Unless, of course, they know that Iran is on the list next. Never trust a Persian with S-300 systems in waiting for a Saudi invasion...
Let's see if 'you know who' shows up, probably pre-occupied with Putin Trolls elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

So you've never heard of Seymour Hersh as well? Where is the evidence for a Sarin attack then?

How am I supposed to prove a negative to you?

Wow that took 3 seconds.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) took biomedical samples from 10 victims of the April 4 attack on Khan Sheikhoun and found indications that they had been exposed to Sarin or a Sarin-like substance.

www.cnn.com...

I guess as long as it's a Trump hit piece you don't care if it's true.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Never trust a Persian with S-300 systems in waiting for a Saudi invasion...

Absolutely Outstanding !!

The report is getting traction, good call !!

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 26-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Can you explain the source I just posted where the victims were actually tested and proven to have been exposed to Sarin?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

"While further details of the laboratory analyses will follow".

[...] Despite these impediments, the mission managed to destroy 97 percent of Syria’s chemical weapons within one year. Along the way, Uzumcu accepted the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of his organization.

Ahmet Uzumcu: Getting rid of chemical weapons in Syria and beyond

It's possible that there were chemical weapons in rebel hands during the attack, isn't it? Even if your source is correct you didn't debunk a thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Actually, that's the report I used a few hours after the attack and before it went public.

What we are talking about is the strategic value of gain or loss.

Someone or a group has a purpose in mind for walking this out at this late stage.

Right now, I'm thinking it may be a pre-emptive strike on Hersh's credibility.

He's been badly burned in the past.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

[...] Despite these impediments, the mission managed to destroy 97 percent of Syria’s chemical weapons within one year. Along the way, Uzumcu accepted the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of his organization.

It's possible that there were chemical weapons in rebel hands during the attack, isn't it? Even if your source is correct you didn't debunk a thing.
you just linked a report saying there was no sarin gas unless I misunderstood. So sorry. Debunked.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The word Sarin doesn't even come up in that piece and you missed the 3% he didn't find.

Assad had a bunch of hazmat suits equip said plane with Sarin gas? Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That is plausible, in 2013, apart from the fake pictures used in the news media which are well known, Basha'ir al-Nasr brigade is thought to have used Sarin in rockets...and that was other western countries opinions. This time the media were a bit more careful about rocket 'attack' and Sarin as being conclusively the same thing at the same time, more of a drift of implication in the story. Hateful as that sounds, there is need for much vigilance in these things, but the media were caught out in 2013, so you have to take that someone, or some entity has sway over the material stories used, and nothing can be taken as gospel second hand.

Apart from that, Trump is both an idiot, and a prolific liar, and anything he comes out with is no indicator of a genuine empathy, he just uses people and events, not that the latter is unusual in politics.

edit on 26-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The word Sarin doesn't even come up in that piece

Ahhh what?
Your source ..

“No one knew the provenance of the photographs. We didn’t know who the children were or how they got hurt. Sarin actually is very easy to detect because it penetrates paint, and all one would have to do is get a paint sample. We knew there was a cloud and we knew it hurt people. But you cannot jump from there to certainty that Assad had hidden sarin/ from the UN because he wanted to use it in Khan Sheikhoun.” The intelligence made clear that a Syrian Air Force SU-24 fighter bomber had used a conventional weapon to hit its target: There had been no chemical warhead.

My rebuttal.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) took biomedical samples from 10 victims of the April 4 attack on Khan Sheikhoun and found indications that they had been exposed to Sarin or a Sarin-like substance.

Your source says there was no Sarin and it would have been easy to prove it was and they did not do so because no Sarin was used.

My source shows a test done that proves Sarin was used. So now we know the photographs are REAL when your source paints them as fake and we know the people were in fact effected by Sarin when your source says there is no evidence and no Sarin was used.

Bye.
edit on 26-6-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It's fairly obvious that Trump was baited by the deep state into attacking Assad.

He knows Assad didn't do it, that's why he ordered an airstrike on a nearly abandoned airfield. It was more a message to China & North Korea.

But most of us Trump supporters see the bigger picture, contrary to popular belief.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
More prof trumps a imbecile with the mentality of a 2 year old.

For # sake trump LISTEN TO YOUR #ING ADVISORS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join