It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG..Federal Judge Rules that displaying the HOLY CROSS is Unconstitutional!.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
a reply to: rickymouse

What? I don't understand your question. have you seen VA grave markers?

Lots of them around here. I ordered my stepfather's and uncle's I also worked with others choosing the footstones in the past, helping friends and relatives make a decision. The funeral home gives you literature when someone dies, there used to be about three choices to choose from. I am not sure if they had different literature for different religions though, they knew that it was a Christian burial in every case. Even though many people are not active in the church anymore around here, Churches handle most funerals, a minister comes to speak.

The only VA headstones around here seem to be in plots specially sectioned off in the cemetery for vets. I haven't been to a big national cemetary for many years, all of the ones I saw for veterans back in the sixties and seventies had the cross on the headstones. Maybe it is different now.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Gee I wonder what political affiliation this judge holds.
I know of another Holy Cross erected in a park they should seriously consider taking down...

FFS people!!
Any other religious relic or deity and this would be okay. This is just another example of Christianity being the most persecuted religion on the planet. Yet when they take the cross down(and they will) I can say with about 99.9999% certainty that there won't be any retaliation from any radical Christians.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Im just curious, if it's unconstitutional, how did it get There? Isn't this part of the constitution, like pretty old? So this rule has been inn place for a very long time, right?

I wonder how our forefathers managed to interpret the law so differently than today's legal officials? What's all the sudden changed?

If our forefathers intended this, why wasn't it done a long time ago?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So does this mean with get to remove Washington DC with all their masonic symbols?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

So does this mean with get to remove Washington DC with all their masonic symbols?

I don't know. New ruling from the Supreme Court today...

""WASHINGTON, June 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with a church that objected to being denied public money in Missouri, potentially lessening America's separation of church and state by allowing governments more leeway to fund religious entities directly.

The justices, in a 7-2 ruling, found that Missouri unlawfully prevented Trinity Lutheran Church access to a state grant program that helps nonprofit groups buy rubber playground surfaces made from recycled tires.""

Maybe the Pensacola HOLY CROSS can stay put now?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yes, a slippery slope towards preserving a secular society.

There is a point of emphasis, and it has nothing to do with the cross itself. It is that any ONE religion can speak for the totality of US citizens.

What has gotten in to U.S. Federal Judges this year?

The same thing that got into the former CIA director when he took his oath on the constitution instead of the bible.

First they make it illegal for the U.S. government to properly screen for incoming terrorists, and now one says that displaying the Holy Cross is against the United States Constitution!

*On federal property*

And it's not like they're taking away your "right to assemble". The problem is one of hypocrisy. In your above quote you mention "terrorists", that's exactly the purpose here.

Anything that treads close to theocracy, and reinforces leftover cold war "morally superior" propaganda. Bascally, moves like this work towards removing any certain superstitious belief as being on equal footing with the role of government. This, despite relatively similar roles in social cohesion.

It's saying, " US citizens are privileged with free attainment of whatever enlightenment they choose as long as it doesn't infringe on another."

When crosses are put up at public parks, or specific religious doctrine is displayed at a federal building it is a hypocrispy, and one that the Deists that penned the constitution had in mind.  A belief that there is an official religion, like Iran.

I think Obama put it best in his '09 inauguration  speech:

We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united

Put the religious iconography on your own property, as is your constitutional right.

Signed,

A government employee.

edit on 26-6-2017 by DefaultNamesake83 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2017 by DefaultNamesake83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DefaultNamesake83

The White House Christmas Tree is displayed on Federal Property. I think the President is just renting the place.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Either display all religious symbols or none at all. Also..svastika is banned but nazis killed way less people than christianity did and yet cross is displayed in public places...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The White House Christmas Tree is displayed on Federal Property. I think the President is just renting the place.

Things like winter celebrations are generally exempted.

But since you mention it, the etymology of the "christmas" tree is pagan.

In the Northern hemisphere, the shortest day and longest night of the year falls on December 21 or December 22 and is called the winter solstice. Many ancient people believed that the sun was a god and that winter came every year because the sun god had become sick and weak. They celebrated the solstice because it meant that at last the sun god would begin to get well. Evergreen boughs reminded them of all the green plants that would grow again when the sun god was strong and summer would return.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DefaultNamesake83

It's crazy that crosses and holiday lights are banned, but it's OK for idiot citizens to destroy publically owned statues on government property!

www.sandiegouniontribune.com...

Not a police officer in sight, either. The USA needs an enemy to attack, so all this childishness can stop!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join