It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG..Federal Judge Rules that displaying the HOLY CROSS is Unconstitutional!.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So you want to pay taxes for the crescent moon only to have your children look at it and ask about it and the Muslims just happen to be there?

Note the part where I said if it was a donation, and not purchased? (edit: forgot the 'if')

I don't know about you but I don't want to have to pay for any religious symbols.

I'm not intimidated nor coerced by symbols that have no meaning to me.

You have enough of them at churches and private properties. We don't need them in our public areas paid by us.

That is your opinion. Personally I think we need more symbols of true faith in the world, not less.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If it's a public park funded by the government it should not have any religions' iconography of ANY type.
edit on 6/21/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Um I already know that it was donated? Do you understand that it's on a pubilc property paid by the government and that it is maintained with taxes? Who takes care of it?

Personally I think we need more symbols of true faith in the world, not less.

Your kind of thinking is scary. Muslims think the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Except no religion ever has proven unequivocally to be true. The Force is as legitimate a belief system as Christianity or Islam.

ETA: Which is also why I always say "May the Force be with You" anytime someone sneezes in my presence.
edit on 6/21/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Um I already know that it was donated? Do you understand that it's on a pubilc property paid by the government and that it is maintained with taxes? Who takes care of it?

What's wrong with Muslims? The majority of them are peaceful people just getting through the day like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Except no religion ever has proven unequivocally to be true. The Force is as legitimate a belief system as Christianity or Islam.

So?

ETA: Which is also why I always say "May the Force be with You" anytime someone sneezes in my presence.

Good for you. I've been known to say 'By the power of Greyskull!' when something amazes me < / hot fuzz >

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What's wrong with Muslims? The majority of them are peaceful people just getting through the day like the rest of us.

Nothing wrong with the peaceful Muslims who follow the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Well if the cities are experiencing anything like the PC madness that's a blight on my own nation "they" will simply change the name from Christmas Ornaments to Holiday Decorations.

I'm not even that interested in religion but a spade is a spade and tradition is exactly what it says on the tin.
edit on 22-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If you knew the law, you'd know that judges are evil. They walk in the footsteps of Satan every day as they all place the created government above its creator, the people. Satan is so proud of them.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
If you knew the law, you'd know that judges are evil. They walk in the footsteps of Satan every day as they all place the created government above its creator, the people. Satan is so proud of them.

If the judge ruled the Islamic crescent moon as unconstitional would Satan be so proud of him?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Separation of church and state is not new, or news. It's the law.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What has gotten in to U.S. Federal Judges this year? First they make it illegal for the U.S. government to properly screen for incoming terrorists, and now one says that displaying the Holy Cross is against the United States Constitution!

A federal judge has ruled that a cross in Pensacola’s Bayview Park violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and must be removed within 30 days.

“I am aware that there is a lot of support in Pensacola to keep the cross as is, and I understand and I understand and respect that point of view,” U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson wrote in his ruling. “But, the law is the law.”

Source Article: www.northescambia.com...

What's next? No audible prayers allowed in public? It seems that the U.S. is heading down that slippery slope doesn't it?

-CareWeMust

Perhaps they shouldn't refer to it as a Holy Cross and instead call it a railroad crossing signpost cocked to its side.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Well if the cities are experiencing anything like the PC madness that's a blight on my own nation "they" will simply change the name from Christmas Ornaments to Holiday Decorations.

I'm not even that interested in religion but a spade is a spade and tradition is exactly what it says on the tin.

Funny really there should be no National Holy days.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

As a vet, I recently filed for my va burial as prior need status. I was sent a form that had about 100 different religious symbol... From atheism which has a A in the middle of an atom to some hammer of Thor symbol. You will see a lot of Jewish symbols in va cemetery as well as Islamic scattered in between Christian and Catholic crosses. It just so happens that majority of veterans are of a protestant faith or they just went with the norm.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
In addition... It would do many well to read the Danbury baptist letters to get proper prospective on this issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask

As a vet, I recently filed for my va burial as prior need status. I was sent a form that had about 100 different religious symbol... From atheism which has a A in the middle of an atom to some hammer of Thor symbol. You will see a lot of Jewish symbols in va cemetery as well as Islamic scattered in between Christian and Catholic crosses. It just so happens that majority of veterans are of a protestant faith or they just went with the norm.

So, is there enough room left on the stone for your name and year of birth and death? The cross actually rode up the side and crossed on top above the name. Maybe now the stones on the footstone are full of those bulky symbols, maybe they had to make the stone bigger or just make a tiny symbol on them.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

If it's a public park funded by the government it should not have any religions' iconography of ANY type.

That's what I've been told multiple times in this thread. Like I said earlier, this Federal Judge set a precedent that could cause trouble all over America this Christmas Holiday season.

"Honey look.. the city put a Nativity Scene in the park! They can't do that. Call an attorney!!!"

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

No not really, but you are welcome to try and find it.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

No not really, but you are welcome to try and find it.

correct Teikiatsu, definitely not a law. Again, I suggest everyone to read the Danbury Baptist letters between Jefferson and the leaders of that Baptist church. The idea behind the "separation of church and state" was then coined. the idea? to keep the Government from interfering with Church affairs... NOT from keeping the church from meddling in Government affairs.

for those who think it's the other way around, doublespeak, truthhole...

So I support separation 10000% in it's pure form.... 0% in it's backwards misinterpretation we know today.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

What? I don't understand your question. have you seen VA grave markers?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join