It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stairway to Heaven ... Or not?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Over about a year and a half of searching, i have found the full translation of stairway to heaven in reverse.. Many people ahve heard of this, but only of one example(Found HERE) ... thats the part that people know of... but thats not even the most frightening part.. the very end of the backward song is(if played forewards, it would be the very begining)... I do not know about how many people are interested in Stariway to heaven and the whole song ahveing genuine reverse speace, but if i see enough response, i will post the lyrics.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All I can say is that I have never liked Led Zeppelin and their popularity with others has always eluded me. I listened to the lyrics backward and heard the name Satan. I read the backward lyrics and read along as I listened again and was able to make them out. I listened the the piece forward and it does sound as if even the forward version has been manipulated for whatever reason.

If implanting messages in their songs is what makes Led Zeppelin happy then let them have at it. I know that I have never found it desirable to listen to any lyrics backward and as I have said before, if there ever was a time when implanting satanic messages in songs held some purpose, that day has long since passed now that you can say anything on a CD and get away with it as long as you are the right color and there is some semblance of rhythm evident in the material.

[edit on 05/2/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have never found it desirable to listen to any lyrics backward

I agree totally, I mean what's the point?

To Add: If I never hear Stairway To Heaven again it wouldn't worry
me at all.
Mind you I do like some of Led Zep's stuff though.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
All I can say is that I have never liked Led Zeppelin and their popularity with others has always eluded me. I listened to the lyrics backward and heard the name Satan. I read the backward lyrics and read along as I listened again and was able to make them out. I listened the the piece forward and it does sound as if even the forward version has been manipulated for whatever reason.

If implanting messages in their songs is what makes Led Zeppelin happy then let them have at it. I know that I have never found it desirable to listen to any lyrics backward and as I have said before, if there ever was a time when implanting satanic messages in songs held some purpose, that day has long since passed now that you can say anything on a CD and get away with it as long as you are the right color and there is some semblance of rhythm evident in the material.

Hate to brake it to you, Led Zeppelin IS awesome, and i dont see how you cannot like them, that eludes me.. As for you thinking of some editing going on in the song to make words appear, ther is noe, you can hear reverse speach in its purest form right off a record player.

Just out of Curiosity, what type of music do you like?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Zeppelin was the best band ever (in my opinion) they were better than the rolling stones...i know alot of people will argue with me on that.
Anyway the whole stairway to heaven backwards theory is a hoax, the person who brought it up first was a priest in america trying to convince people that rock'n'roll was the tool of the devil blah blah blah.
Yes led zeppelin do have alot of occult relations because of jimmy page, page was a big fan of aliester crowley and bought one of crowleys old houses in england. Also to add more to it, zeppelin have their own symbols. Each is a ancient symbol representing something. Robert planets symbols is a feather in the middle of a circle which is a egyptian symbol (i think, it could be babylonian) which represents a scholar or writer. THe other members had other symbols also, which i forget what they mean. But the most intresting of it all is jimmp page's symbol "zoso"
He claims he made it himself, and he has never told anyone what it means.
I have tried to study the symbols to work out where it comes from, all i found otu was that it has alot of old alchemy symbols in it, i couldnt figure it out exactly but it had something to do with the sun.
Finaly the weirdest thing about zeppelin is that when they were creating zeppelin four (the album with stiarway to heaven, and many other classics) jimmpy page and robert plant went to some isolated house in the mountians where they wrote the songs. IN this house they had no electricity, water, gas or anything. They disapeard for months in this house, and when they came out they had created one of the best selling records of all time, and also created the biggest selling music script. (stairway to heaven)
They did have a big occult connection, but we will never find out to what extent it was really to.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i agree, they were alot better than the rolling stones... after all the only two bands in history to have over 5 diamond albums were the beatles and led zeppelin.

PS actually Jimmy page did tell Robert plant waht Zoso meant, and there actually is a very similar picture in a book written by Crowley.... who Jimmy practically admired..(he bought his house after all)

Jimmy did give one hint on what Zoso meant.. "frying tonight".... that that means, i am not sure of..

[edit on 6/2/05 by ivanglam]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I personally do not believe that the backwards messages were intentional, but its common knowledge that Jimmy Paige was very into magic and even bought Alister Crowley's old home.

So why not just post the lyrics? What are you aiming to discuss exactly? Not whether or not they were a great band, I'm assuming.

Long ago, I read a very trashy and enthralling Bio about them titled "Hammer of the Gods" and legend has it, all members, except for John Paul Jones signed a pact with the devil, and all members, except Jones basked in extreme fame and lavish perks thereof. And, all members, except Jones suffered incredible tragedies in their lifetimes... Its been at least 10 years since I read that book, and thats about as much of the occult ties I can remember....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
haha yeah he did tell robert plant once, but plant doesnt remember what page told him.
Also it was on some late show that someone asked page what zoso meant, and he replied "frying tonight".....
Im sure it would have to do something with crowley, but page wasnt dumb it will be something that he has totaly re-created from texts.
By the way page is the owner of most of crowleys original books.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
My musical tastes are so eclectic that it boggles most people's minds to go through my record collection. I have Van Morrison in the car right now and George Strait on the computer as I type. I like Classical music alot and good old rock and roll. For those who think Led Zeppelin is so hot, thats good for you, but I know what I like.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Oh and I should add this. I think that a lot of great writings, music, art, and all creative work is channeled to some degree. To what, and from where, varies. Its possible that these lyrics were channeled/automatically written, and that explains why theres the uncanny backwards wording. Also the timings to how you reverse play and whatnot can play a part in the words formed...just some thoughts.

I dug up this thread, which relates to yours here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that I saw this topic and site posted before... but I can't seem to find it on google search. LOL

I personally think that these song writers intentionally added these lyrics for pure entertainment, hopeing that people will, one day, play them backwards and get a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
click the link in my last post. Theres been a few mentions of backwards lyrics in the ATS, that I've seen. However, if this is a topic of zepplin's ties to black magic, that may not have been covered...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

My musical tastes are so eclectic that it boggles most peoples minds to go through my record collection. I have Van Morrison in the car right now and George Strait on the computer as I type. I like Classical music alot and good old rock and roll. For those who think Led Zeppelin is so hot, thats good for you, but I know what I like.

I see where you are coming from, but i dont see the need to diss Led Zeppelin right off he bat with your "it eludes me" statement... I too listen to Van morrison, may favorte songs by him are "il be your lover too", and "crazy love".. as for classical i listen to beethoven and im starting to get into flamenco and spanish guitar styles..

So why not just post the lyrics? What are you aiming to discuss exactly? Not whether or not they were a great band, I'm assuming.

I havent posted the lyrics yet because i was waiting to see how much of a response i got. now that i have a response, im an aranging the lyrics so that it shows the line foreward, and then the line reversed.... this is for the whole song.... expect it posted withing a day or two... its pretty late tonite, and i dont want to start all that aranging..

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
click the link in my last post. Theres been a few mentions of backwards lyrics in the ATS, that I've seen. However, if this is a topic of zepplin's ties to black magic, that may not have been covered...

This is different, i Hope to develop this post into a conversation about the lyrics meanings. (the backwards ones along with the foreward ones along with the symbolism)

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam

Originally posted by duh squared

This is different, i Hope to develop this post into a conversation about the lyrics meanings. (the backwards ones along with the foreward ones along with the symbolism)

Oh I was responding to CPYKOmega's post, not saying that this is a repeat topic. Sorry for being unclear.

Edited to add that I enjoy the topic and look forward to seeing the lyrics you post, especially the backwards findings.

[edit on 122828p://000 by duh squared]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
thats ok, better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not dissing Led Zeppelin. I just don't get anything about them and I never have. That's just my perception and I think it says a lot when a car maker like Cadillac starts using Led Zeppelin to sell their cars, though I will leave it up to the individual to determine just what.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'm not dissing Led Zeppelin. I just don't get anything about them and I never have. That's just my perception and I think it says a lot when a car maker like Cadillac starts using Led Zeppelin to sell their cars, though I will leave it up to the individual to determine just what.

Oh alright...hmm.. well i still think zeppelin is by far one of the best bands of all time... but thats just my perogative

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Actually, I forgot all about reading "Hammer of the Gods" and Paige's ties to the occult, black magic, and Crowley. I'd be interested in finding out more about that. It sounded like some of you may have more info on that. I gotta say, I'm a sucker for the ol "sold their souls for rock n roll" discussions.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am familiar with backwards masking and there was such a craze in the 80's with it, I have heard some songs played this way, but I want to see the lyrics, as I have never heard Stairway to Heaven in that way... Please do post them!

Icelandia

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join