It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

judge declares mistrial in cosby case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
But again, nobody cares beyond those that are super sensitive to the emotions of rape.

Huh? What is 'being super sensitive to the emotions of rape' even mean?

This is all part of this fake news saga crap.

How is it fake when scumbag Cosby admitted it?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He admitted to getting the pills not to using them iirc.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

However, he also admits to giving quaaludes to women in the ‘70s, “the same as a person would say have a drink,” but when asked if he thought one of the women he admitted giving quaaludes to, Therese Serignese, was even able to consent to sex after taking the drug, Cosby responds, “I don’t know.” Source

edit on 18-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hello sir!

Just a thought, werent quaaludes used in the 70s like mollys are now?

I dont know the details, but did he give it to these people without them knowing or as a typical druggy party favor?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I don't know how they were typically used but he admits that he wasn't sure the person in question was capable of having consensual sex which would be the definition of rape. Lucky for him the statue of limitations expired.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It means that Cosby admitted to a crime, and nothing seems to matter to you, but to see that Cosby pays for his actions. I mentioned earlier, that my words are separating crime and motive. In your words, crime occurred and nothing else matters that is related to it. Sorry, I think the title I chose is commonly called 'unhinged' or 'triggered'.

The reality is that Cosby can sy whatever the hell he wants. If a jury does not convict him of it, then it's time to move on. Under the premise of your debate, let's just keep throwing tax dollars at it until we get the conviction. Maybe it was the statute of limitations that got him off, maybe it was the money for the lawyers that can say the words correctly? Whatever the case, what we feel about it does not matter a single bit. I feel the wasted tax dollars matter, but that's not a debatable topic as the emotions of an 80 year old possible rapist running loose are still fresh on the energies of some.

It's just one of the added scenarios of... GET OVER IT.

As to your 2nd question, I related those thoughts to the term, gaslighting. What's the point of debating the legal case when we have to stop and talk about what was said. You weren't a jurer, so who said what doesn't matter, does it. It's a joke to look beyond current crimes, all to feed the emotions of 30 year old crimes.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It means that Cosby admitted to a crime, and nothing seems to matter to you, but to see that Cosby pays for his actions.

Exactly.

I mentioned earlier, that my words are separating crime and motive.

His admitted motive was to have sex with women who were under the influence of sedatives.

Under the premise of your debate, let's just keep throwing tax dollars at it until we get the conviction.

That is Montgomery County's call, not yours. Suck it up buckaroo.

What's the point of debating the legal case when we have to stop and talk about what was said.

Just in case you are not aware, and it seems you are not, what was said in the deposition is called 'evidence'. What the hell else in a trial besides evidence do you want to talk about?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thank you for helping me out here... this is not so hard to see.

I will tell you right now, if I came about an ordinary woman... I would not have much beyond the normal thoughts of relating. I'd think, feel out the scene and act on the vibe. Now, put me in a private situation with Alyssa Milano... now the little voice on my shoulder is saying, eat whatever this woman offers. I'd have another voice telling me to get my act together and pick my jaw off the ground, but it would be hard to break the spell of Ms. Milano for me... an almost impossible feat.

If a horror emerged from that situation, I would either offer a solution to it and act on getting justice or I would find healing in my own way. If 30 years later, I joined a group that too felt violated by the same person... it still would not matter if she admitted it in open court. It still is up to the selected jury to decide if a conviction fits the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Right, it's Montgomery county's call, not mine... I am settled with that.

It's also the jury's call to either convict or find innocent, not your choice.

I notice you avoided copying and pasting my comments about being unhinged and or triggered... that means it's time to end this debate and let you steam your anger into a sea of gas lit decisions.

I think i will stick to your witty comments you make... they are always on point and awesome. Debating with you in this mode of unhinged emotions is not fun, and a pure dead end.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It's also the jury's call to either convict or find innocent, not your choice.

Where did I ever say it was my choice? I'm just hoping they put serial-raping scumbag Cosby in prison.

I notice you avoided copying and pasting my comments about being unhinged and or triggered...

Probably because I'm neither, but good on your for tossing out some overused buzz words.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The source says that and does not back it up with any quotes from Cosby. He admitted to getting them and to giving them to one woman only, not women.

I am defending good journalism more than him as I think it's likely he did it. I don't know because I haven't seen anything that says whether or not Cosby said it was without her knowing about the pill.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

At no point in the deposition does Cosby ever admit to sexually assaulting any of the women he discusses

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The source says that and does not back it up with any quotes from Cosby. He admitted to getting them and to giving them to one woman only, not women.

I am defending good journalism more than him as I think it's likely he did it. I don't know because I haven't seen anything that says whether or not Cosby said it was without her knowing about the pill.

I am pretty sure if it was not true scumbag Cosby would have sued those publications for libel. And why would he admit that he raped someone in a deposition? He isn't that stupid.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So he didn't admit it then. He admitted to getting the drugs, and using them on one woman only.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Keep on lighting that gas... whatever makes you feel better about the demise of Cosby.

You may be a high level student of history, and but you're also stuck in it. It's time to move on in life for me. Enjoy your wasted tax dollars spent to appease those that are butt hurt thattheir pudding pops and TV acting was tainted 30 years ago, and the onlookers didn't catch it in time.

Why you people that claim to be so smart stay circling around and around in your senseless soap operas is at levels of insanity that is literally like living out the movie 'Idiocracy' in real life.

I think it's time to retire my ATS shoes here. I have long tried to avoid the nonsense of political thoughts here lately, but it's even stretched into the most ridiculous subjects. I literally just wasted the last hour debating your emotions with you. You're a long standing member here, and you have now joined the cancer within ATS too. It doesn't really matter, I am just now realizing that I am the problem... I shouldn't be offering any ingredients to the soup you make, it tastes like crap anyway.

I know I just recently said that I will stick to your witty comments only, but the facts changed. I am retiring from ATS here and now, which means that I could care less what you think. Instead, I am going to remain a pirate, and I aim to take the money of you people that wish to waste. Please stay occupied in care and concern for an 80 year old rapist... you make my career much easier to access your funds.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So he didn't admit it then. He admitted to getting the drugs, and using them on one woman only.

He did admit in his deposition that he gave women sedatives and in at least one case that he was unsure if the woman was aware whether it was consensual or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

what do bragadocious song lyrics have to do with cosby?

and unless youre not in the united states ludes have not been available since about 93
so whats your point

edit

i see the above comment where he admits to giving ludes in he 70's

i see why you mentioned it now
edit on 18-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Keep on lighting that gas... whatever makes you feel better about the demise of Cosby.

Frankly I want to see all rapists in prison, they are a danger to society. This one just happens to be a celebrity.

Enjoy your wasted tax dollars spent to appease those that are butt hurt thattheir pudding pops and TV acting was tainted 30 years ago, and the onlookers didn't catch it in time.

It isn't my tax money, I live in New Jersey, plus I never found Cosby entertaining to begin with.

Why you people that claim to be so smart stay circling around and around in your senseless soap operas is at levels of insanity that is literally like living out the movie 'Idiocracy' in real life.

What the hell does that even mean?

I think it's time to retire my ATS shoes here.

Hasta la pasta, dude.

I am retiring from ATS here and now, which means that I could care less what you think.

You so obviously do care, which is why you keep replying. But I wont hold you to your false promise.

edit on 18-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Hello sir!

Just a thought, werent quaaludes used in the 70s like mollys are now?

I dont know the details, but did he give it to these people without them knowing or as a typical druggy party favor?

sort of but not the same effects.
both club type drugs though

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He did admit in his deposition that he gave women sedatives and in at least one case that he was unsure if the woman was aware whether it was consensual or not.

Find his quote where he claims he gave them to multiple women.

"Did you ever give any of those young women the Quaaludes without their knowledge?" Troiani asked.
Cosby's attorney objected and told him not to answer the question.

While Cosby admitted that he acquired seven prescriptions of Quaaludes with the intent to give the sedatives to young women he wanted to have sex with, he has not admitted to actually drugging any of his accusers.

but when Troiani began to ask Cosby if he gave other people Quaaludes knowing they were illegal, Cosby's attorney interjected and said that his client acknowledged giving them only to a woman whose name is redacted.

www.cnn.com...

1 woman, and said she knew about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join