It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

judge declares mistrial in cosby case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
No, I mean that black culture shunned Cosby, and moved to use the legal system to bring down a man of which they feel abandoned his culture.

And how exactly did they do that? They tell him to be a serial rapist and then turn him in?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Let's see if the system works again with a new jury...what do you think are the odds there will be another hung jury?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I hope you have a good one as well. I always appreciate debate with one that is not so caught up in emotions, that the sense of hearing is not diminished. You hold the motto of deny ignorance quite well, and times like this make me remember your future words.

I thought I was getting dragged into an off-topic debate for a minute there, but had the pleasant surprise to learn that I was offered patience to get my thoughts out more clearly. My time here is spent trying to simplify a million thoughts into a few... it's a work in progress. I'd never lie, but the facts may very well change at any moment.

Happy debating!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Let's see if the system works again with a new jury...what do you think are the odds there will be another hung jury?

I don't have a lot of hope for anything else - but hope is eternal - I hope... ?

peace

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I don't think you quite get it. If a defense attorney can cast reasonable doubt then the defendant is not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, now is he? The requirement 'beyond a reasonable doubt' is for a guilty verdict, NOT FOR A NOT GUILTY VERDICT. As it is, you must be found innocent beyond a reasonable doubt, which is BS. That is not what the trial is for, because you are innocent before being proven guilty. Polling the jury pool to find 12 who will find you guilty is unlawful as hell. But that is what they do.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hahaha, no. The rapes or whatever happened in an accepted fashion 1st. These can be viewed as a street gang. It's not right sure, but we don't see the effort needed to stop it, do we. Cosby used his personal time as most male celebrities do... living by way of ego and thinking the world revolves around them. Cosby had no need to hunt... women lined up at his door, and it was more than likely seen as a lifting experience to be near Cosby... it was no secret going into it that a physical relationship is part of it.

In the middle of the story, we have a strong giving back to the black community. No allegations surfaced... amnesia was still healing I guess. Next, Cosby's public opinions on black culture changed to one that was dividing within. This did not bode well for Cosby's future. It took many years and lobbying, but the gang of women have gathered to take action towards the finances of Cosby... as an act of 'self policing'.

The end of the story, is that the legal system worked here. If I were Cosby, I'd be lighting up one of those cigars and only talk to people that have checks with 2 commas to talk about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i cant believe that early on in the thread race was brought into it.

his race never helped form my opinion on him.

i liked him in the 80's when he was black and doing picture pages.

i think he is a piece of # now and he is still black

of course i dont personally have evidence one way or the other. none of us do
based on what i have read and the number of women that have come forward and what they have said i believe he is a #in creeper

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hahaha, no. The rapes or whatever happened in an accepted fashion 1st.

So scumbag Cosby admitting in his deposition that he drugged women was made up by black culturalists trying to put the Pudding Pop in the Gen Pop?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Used to be hung juries resulted in dismissal, now its an opportunity to defame him all over gain.

It doesn't matter he's guilty or not, now.

Already guilty in the court of social and news opinion, the damage is done.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: craterman

No, I get it perfectly. You think all a defense lawyer needs to do is get a mistrial by any means necessary and then he can walk away scott free.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't, but if 30 women all have the same story, i tend to believe them.

You should revisit Salem Witch trials.

Or the witch hunts in Germany, the most prolific.

A wagging finger, pointing , "Wittttch... ye'll burrrrrn".

hahahahahah
hilarious
witch trials and heresy...

yeah thats the same as a gang of women making claims of rape....

Without anything but claims... yes , it is.
Especially if we consider the proof they provide.

Women, claiming the devil 'assaulted' them.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No, he was telling of what party favors were preferred as a choice. Who in their right mind would go into private quarters with a male celebrity named Bill??? Bill was already married, so the chances of a normal relationship are next to nil. I do not condone sex crimes, and I apologize for having to deal with that if he raped them.

My point is that the rapes were acceptable for all these years, up until the gang to formulate negative influence on Bill's life converged. Bill deserves it, I get it... he acted in a way that allowed this to surface. If Cosby never turned his back on black culture, than these trials would have never came about. I am separating the crime and the motive here... keeping my emotions in check.

What about Charlie Sheen? He likely knowingly passed HIV onto countless women? These women wanted to participate in the situation, up until the point that their bad choices come back to bite them in various ways. Why at some point in time did one of the women report this rape stuff when it happened, which would have prevented future rapes from happening.
edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I agree with you that maybe he isnt a rapist like Micheal Jackson wasnt a pediphile, BUT to say that this is all because they are black is RETARDED.

Like I said earlier, put Bill Clinton on trial for the 'allegations' against him from women. Retarded is down playng Clinton in the news and at the same time, endlessly flaming on Cosby.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No, he was telling of what party favors were preferred as a choice.

It's obvious you never read the deposition, scumbag Cosby admits he gave woman sedatives so he could have sex with them and even apologized for what he did. He sounds so amazing.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I want Bill Cosby to take the stand and tell us his side - what could go wrong if he is innocent and telling the truth?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Thanks for that angle, well said.

Like I heard Damon Wayans put so eloquently... ''How big is Cosby's penis that it gave you amnesia for 40 years?'

Too funny.

Iconic penis envy is usually at the heart of it. That and money.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I want Bill Cosby to take the stand and tell us his side - what could go wrong if he is innocent and telling the truth?

A civil trial would require Bill Cosby to testify, or forfeit.

Same with Bill Clinton for that matter.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Right, that what ludes do. Take one with a drink or 2 of alcohol, and it's a goodbye to the nights memories.

If one listens to these current songs, they are filled with tales of how messed up they are on Molly and Percs and god knows what else... the songs even tell of their countless encounters with free and easy women. Here we are as a culture, allowing these idiots to make this music, all while persecuting an almost 80 year old man. His and their stories had their chance to be rectified properly... it's time to move on to current issues. If these problems were dealt with when they should have been dealt with, in the 80's, we would ot even be having this irrelevant debate on his character. I don't appreciate the man either, but I also don't want to waste tax dollars to settle a 30 year old beef.

To attack Cosby nonstop, and ignore the current outspoken crimes on women now, is of poor priority standards. Under this credence, we will just wait until 2050 or 2060 to deal with the crimes that go on now. Let's just add one more old ass celebrity to the list of: well, I never seen that one coming years back. We were fooled, get over it.
edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If one listens to these current songs...

Irrelevant.

Scumbag Cosby admitted to what he did in his deposition.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I can't disagree with that. But again, nobody cares beyond those that are super sensitive to the emotions of rape. You'll even find that those sensitive to rape don't offer the emotional input as is seen towards Cosby.

Its a waste of money and tax dollars to tie up the court system, all to appease a bunch of women that did not make a series of correct choices in their history with Cosby. When the time gap occurs and the disconnect of just how male celebrities live their sex lives develops, it creates a fog that is just plain stupid to concentrate on. It's like Trump, he made one vagina comment, then within 3 weeks we seen countless women surface with their own experiences that need to be persecuted. Where are these women now? New news became about and we all forgot about the women Trump possibly performed a crime on?

This is all part of this fake news saga crap. Let it float out to twitter and ATS to act as jury, before the REAL legal system can act in a lawful manner.

It's ok that you are triggered by Cosby... it's kind of stupid to get caught up in emotions and ignore that crimes must still be processed through a real legal system. Your 300,000,000th jury vote is pointless and really the irrelevant concern.
edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: added comments...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join