It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Isn't 'Free'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

What if the service I need medically isn't provided by the so-called free health care but they take my money anyhow? What if there is a drug or treatment that could address my problem but because it's new and expensive, the collective budget does not stretch to cover so the government simply doesn't allow it opting instead for the older less effective treatments that work but not nearly as well?

This is what happens.

Now I get to die or live in pain or what have you, but they still will take my money to provide something that doesn't work for me.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don't let the bottom feeders bait you. They eat what they eat for a reason.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: buster2010

Now you are saying no one paid you?

I wasn't working for the minimum wage of 3.35 an hour. I was working for the experience. I would have done the same work for free.

I think you are missing the point or being deliberately obtuse.

No the point is you didn't teach yourself anything you were taught. Unpaid interns are nothing but legal slaves and only fools want to be slaves.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Why did you have to use the word Trumpettes?

Trump supporters don't rate high on the IQ scale so you need to give them a little poke to get them to react.

a) not everyone lives in the USA, hence they can have that mindset without ever having voted for Trump

Yes there are greedy people everywhere. At least we won't have to worry about them contaminating heaven.

b) I would probably be a Trumpette if I lived there but I still agreed with your sentiment.

Then you would be labeled a RINO and hated by your own party.

This should show you that you can't just paint everyone with the same brush.

Of course I can because his kind does the same thing. Does that make it right? Of course not but it's a tactic they understand.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: buster2010

How does one teach oneself?

In my case I worked minimum wage internships to get the skills and experience I needed to succeed. My first internship was for Chase bank in Manhattan. I made 3.35 an hour.

So you didn't teach yourself jack #. Internship means someone else taught you the job. You taught yourself LOL how pathetic.

I think the point is he made an effort to go out and learn, instead of expecting someone to come around and offer to teach him.

It's called initiative.

I know that he's just sooo easy to troll.

So you're only here to troll?

How productive.

Some people are part of the problem,not part of the solution. They show their maturity by the names they call others, and the need to feed off others feelings in order to sustain their self esteem/egos.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Metallicus, you would not have any of those things, not a single one of them, without the energy and resources that have been poured into your life, by people you have never even met.

You just have not the wit or the intelligence to see it, which is a great shame. In a way, I hope you never find out how wrong you have been about where your success came from, how you got to be where you are today. If you find out late in life, that knowledge has been known to utterly destroy people. In a totally other sense, I also hope you DO realise your mistake, at least before you wind up on your death bed. Waiting till the end to realise how much you owe the rest of the society you are in is not only sad, but once you are that badly broken by time, it can prove too late to make a positive difference.

And counter to your comment...

Your success does not give you the right to be a greedy, avaricious, hoarder.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ok so you won the game, and I congratulate you for it. However, some of us are twenty years behind you, and are still in the game. We need time to succeed. You know what would be helpful?? If I did not have to get billed $40,000 for a handful of X-rays at the hospital from a car accident in 2011, and the 9 nights I was in the hospital ran $78,000 . Then there were thousands of dollars of other misc expenses. It came out the total stay to be about $125,000 dollars AFTER the insurance adjusted it from the initial $250,000. Granted I had some complicated surgeries due to my injuries, but those were all billed separately by the individual physicians involved. Only the Hospital stuff was $125,000. I had a 10,000 deductible. I thanked God that was covered by my Auto insurance limits, which was only the PIP, and had a limit o $10,000!!

It was nice that I had insurance through work.

Honest question though, do you think its more important to spend $600,000,000,000 per anum conquering the world and keeping it under our influence, or take just a bit of it and invest it in the health of the citizens of the United States of America? Serious line of inquiry here. Do you think this country could do with half the defense budget, and maybe split the other $300,000,000,000 between Healthcare, Education, advancing renewable energy research and technology, and maybe housing assistance???

I mean clearly we have at least $300,000,000,000 to lay waste to societies across the globe still. Do you feel if they slashed the budget in half for defense, how would you allocate the savings I guess is my question.

...and their in lies the fallacy of previous POTUS' ACA, which based on your post I would think you supported (both previous POTUS and ACA). If you think back, we didn't have these issues in the early aughts and prior (except for those folks who intentionally didn't carry HC insurance, and that's on them.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Metallicus, you would not have any of those things, not a single one of them, without the energy and resources that have been poured into your life, by people you have never even met.

You just have not the wit or the intelligence to see it, which is a great shame. In a way, I hope you never find out how wrong you have been about where your success came from, how you got to be where you are today. If you find out late in life, that knowledge has been known to utterly destroy people. In a totally other sense, I also hope you DO realise your mistake, at least before you wind up on your death bed. Waiting till the end to realise how much you owe the rest of the society you are in is not only sad, but once you are that badly broken by time, it can prove too late to make a positive difference.

And counter to your comment...

Your success does not give you the right to be a greedy, avaricious, hoarder.

...and other folks unwillingness to even try does not give them the right to suck off the teat of the working class. For 40 plus years, approx 20% of my income has gone to "society", which it still does and likely will until I'm gone. It's a shame that a lot of those free loaders drive better cars than me, have free cell phones, free food, etc., without lifting a finger. And then continue to have children they can't afford so they can have more free money and stuff. Metallicus is spot on - you all look at it as free (liberals who want to redistribute all wealth), while those of us who worked through life (average 10-12 hours a day), know the truth. Based on your avatar, you seem to make enough to "party", so excuse me if I don't feei too sorry for you and where you've placed yourself in life.

BTW, I have ZERO problem paying taxes for infrastructure mainenance, public education, agencies like the CDC...you know, those things that might also provide a bit of return to the actual payers?

Lastly, stop with the cryptic bull# ("...ruined those that learned the "secret" late in life..."). Why don't you enlighten us all with your Dali Lama wisdom?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

. . . jeopardizing my future and that of my children.

I'm retired. I worked for my benefits.

That being said, your future, and especially that of your children, is not my responsibility.

In asking for such you, yourself, are asking for handouts.

Every generation is burdened with the unfair. It's called life.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

OH MY SWEET GOD!

You unmade yourself in your first sentence!

The majority of people receiving state aid, actually have jobs! They just do not PAY, work DOES NOT PAY ANY MORE! This is not the age in which a person could make a life for himself from small beginnings and be amongst other people who did the same! In this age, work, unless you are a statistically irrelevant, extremely lucky person pays poorly, which in this modern age does not mean you can get by on it, just about, if you are careful and canny! No! It means you need four of them AND a line of credit, to make the rent on your mold ridden hovel of a home, to purchase your high MSG, low nutrient foods, and to fail to make payments on the car which earns you your measly income, because the only work available near you is food delivery, and you cannot afford either to move or commute!

If you started to work 40 years ago, then you have NO IDEA what the HELL it is like to stand at the bottom of the ladder now, because the bottom rung, without any shadow of a doubt, is five hundred feet higher off the ground than it was when you started your working life, and you should think yourself lucky the society you grew up in, is not quite so utterly callous as the one which people are coming up into now. How such a rich nation can breed such ungrateful cusses, I have no idea, and I become less willing to find out with every passing day, such is my disgust for that attitude.

Oh, and another thing...

My avatar? Everything I am wearing in that shot, was bought at a charity shop for literally pocket change. I shop at thrift and charity shops, because I would have to take a loan out to buy anything new. I am the director of a company but on apprentice wages, because otherwise the lights go out in my store a few days later. I have nothing, am a pauper, and I have been working my arse off in the same trade for thirteen years. Effort and endurance do NOT equal success.
edit on 16-6-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I suggest that you research how money is created because you will learn that its created out of thin air and there is no reason the govt can't create money for their own uses, using the exact came method the banks use to create it. Remember Quantitative Easing? that was a fancy word for printing money (out of thin air.)

I am well aware of how money works. I received my Master's Degree in finance.

So, if money is created out of thin air by the Government we can agree that none of us should need to pay taxes.

However, that money isn't created in a vacuum. There are consequences for printing unlimited supplies of a fiat currency which is why we need to go back on a commodity based system.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If someone holds me up on the street I have the right to defend myself. Shouldn't I be able to use that same force to defend myself vs. the freebie thieves?

Were you as outraged at the bankers being bailed out? The Govt stole from you in a very big way.....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
edit on 16-6-2017 by abago71 because: Retract statement

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

All that whining and crying and pissing and moaning about folks just struggling to make a living for themselves... and not one word about the crony capitalist corporate welfare hellhole that I'm betting dollars to donuts YOU have benefited from that many others have contributed to and received NOTHING. Pot meet kettle. Or should that be thief meet robber?

I'll save my sympathy for the weakest among us with the least resources.... And my contempt for the bullies that would take even that for their own self aggrandizement.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Your family takes up space, why should I give up my space for your family ? See the fallacy?

Don't take my air. My lungs worked too hard for you to take away my air.

No in all seriousness, I see your point. But everybody essentially works to subsidize a system that doesn't give back what it takes.

Your kids will have to inherit our environmental mess, but do we every hear the kids saying to grown ups "don't take away my planet."

I think the selfish attitude that we can attain everything we want by working is a divisive tactic. What do you need a car for everyday of the week if you aren't going to use it?

In other words...yes we have the right to stuff, but life would be a helluva lot easier if we just shared things.

Wages have gone down, productivity has gone up. Nobody should really have to work more than 20 hours a week with all the automated means of production. We already produce more than we need, so why compensate by working harder?

I think that is the problem. Everybody is getting ripped off. If you don't own the industry, your labor is harder and not smarter. Not to say that you are stupid.

To be proud of hard work and take care of a family is nothing short of a miraculous gift and blessing.

Now let's be real...if people were taking your stuff away, why do you have your stuff?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

If someone holds me up on the street I have the right to defend myself. Shouldn't I be able to use that same force to defend myself vs. the freebie thieves?

Were you as outraged at the bankers being bailed out? The Govt stole from you in a very big way.....

Of course. The Government steals from "We the People" in a variety of ways.

Not relevant to this OP however.

edit on 2017/6/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Actually yes. I called my congressman and both senators and told them not to vote for the bailout if they valued my vote.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Umberto

Yes. The schools teach them to.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You forgot to share the "secret". oh, and a funny thing about "way back" when "I" started working...minumum wage was $1.60. You think that was a living wage? Yet here I am, mainly because I didn't sit around with my hand out, expecting others to support me.

On a serious note...if your company is doing that poorly, try something else? Usually if I don't do well at something, I try something else...definition on insanity and all that (continually doing the same thing but expecting different results).

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

All that whining and crying and pissing and moaning about folks just struggling to make a living for themselves... and not one word about the crony capitalist corporate welfare hellhole that I'm betting dollars to donuts YOU have benefited from that many others have contributed to and received NOTHING. Pot meet kettle. Or should that be thief meet robber?

I'll save my sympathy for the weakest among us with the least resources.... And my contempt for the bullies that would take even that for their own self aggrandizement.

Except the fallacy in your argument is I don't want your stuff...I just don't want you as another dependent...AND I don't have problems with helping the TRULY weak among us. It is those better off than me, who got there and maintain their lifestyle through government handouts, that will always infuriate me, as I would hope it would any individual with logical common sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join