It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Isn't 'Free'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Rather have the government become a parent figure to them and stablize their little worlds.

When greed and laziness become one witin the collective, things will never turn out well..

Awesome, so people struggling and in need, are all greedy and lazy and want a government parent figure.

Take that you pesky losers, starving, struggling for what ever reason. You deserve to suffer in your jocks, and die. Us manly beastly men worked HARD for someone in order to make them rich and ourselves barely get by. How dare you take even 1 cent from me. I don't care if you're my neighbour or across the city.

Now excuse me as I give to charity to make myself feel better that some organisation will give 10 cents out of the dollar to some starving soul in Africa. It's the humane thing to do. Scumbags like you stealing my hard earned money, sheesh.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Money itself is one of the services from your gouvernment. They're the ones printing it and calling the shots, like federal funds rate.
Remember the Rodney King Riots? Is that the world you want to live in? Could you afford private security to keep the masses of your grounds if there weren't any gouvernment protecting your rights?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Elementalist
Rather have the government become a parent figure to them and stablize their little worlds.

When greed and laziness become one witin the collective, things will never turn out well..

Awesome, so people struggling and in need, are all greedy and lazy and want a government parent figure.

Take that you pesky losers, starving, struggling for what ever reason. You deserve to suffer in your jocks, and die. Us manly beastly men worked HARD for someone in order to make them rich and ourselves barely get by. How dare you take even 1 cent from me. I don't care if you're my neighbour or across the city.

Now excuse me as I give to charity to make myself feel better that some organisation will give 10 cents out of the dollar to some starving soul in Africa. It's the humane thing to do. Scumbags like you stealing my hard earned money, sheesh.

You are the one that thinks you are entitled to other people's savings.

THAT is greed.

edit on 2017/6/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Oh yes, time for more utterly pointless phallus waving and an appeal to social Darwinism.

Bloody savages. Let innocent, hardworking people starve, just because they have not had enough luck in their lives to get a well paid job somewhere? Permit landlords to keep badly maintained property and rent it to the down at heel, risking their lives for a little shelter from the elements?

These attitudes disgust me.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Let innocent, hardworking people starve, just because they have not had enough luck in their lives to get a well paid job 

You mistake hard work and perseverance for luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
It's funny to see the Trumpettes whine about "free things" when those "free things" are the best way to make this nation great again. Investing in the education and health of the general populace should be priorities of any nation.

I agree with the sentiment of your post but I thoroughly hate that you have to resort to derogative playground insults to get it across.
Why did you have to use the word Trumpettes?

a) not everyone lives in the USA, hence they can have that mindset without ever having voted for Trump

b) I would probably be a Trumpette if I lived there but I still agreed with your sentiment. This should show you that you can't just paint everyone with the same brush.

I am so grateful for social help as I'd be destitute without it [and probably dead]. I studied Neuroscience and worked in R&D and Laboratories for a variety of big pharmaceutical companies. I had a career and was proud of it. Unfortunately I developed ME [or as people know -and ridicule it- CFS or Yuppy flu]. If others have £50 of energy to spend every day, I get £5.
Anyway, all my plans for the future collapsed and I couldn't work any longer. Now I get social security help and I am grateful. Of course I also paid in, like most people who worked and suddenly need to get help.

Forget the scroungers, really. Yes they make me angry too as they help make everyone on 'benefits' look like a cnut, when in fact it is a safety net and saves lives.

I agree that it shouldn't be paid out willy nilly and there is a lot of nepotism and cheating going on by the benefit office people themselves but it should never be abolished as we would end up like the victorian age, with more crime, people actually dying in the gutters, kids becoming like street dogs and families living in inhuman conditions lie a workhouse.

The good outweighs the bad and as I always say: Be careful what you wish for as you might suddenly and unexpectedly become unable to work too!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

No I don't.

I am just aware that hard work and perseverance are not enough most of the time, for most people to make anything other than a Dickensian nightmare of a life for themselves. You ignore this demonstrable fact.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The problem is none of these things are FREE they are in fact Government helping themselves to what is in MY wallet and yours. Now you might not care because you are on the receiving end of all this free stuff and don't have anything to lose, but you are stealing from my family and jeopardizing my future and that of my children.

I guess it's ok that the government helps themselves and uses trillions of our tax payers dollars to support a war machine, overseas military basis, and foreign aid. The US spends three times the amount on the military than China who is ranked second in military expenditures. You act like the burden of being taxed on something that is not only beneficial to the economy and the strength of America (Education), and helping your fellow citizens to preserve their lives is something that's not worth paying into! If the government has the authority to sacrifice my kids in times of war, you better believe they have a moral obligation to provide their citizens with access to healthcare!

Nobody complains about the outrageous salaries our tax dollars are going towards paying for career politicians and their top of the line healthcare, pensions and benefits! It's citizens like you who are shooting themselves in the foot. How can you even ignore the need or help of someone who just wants to preserve their life or that of a loved one???? The way you're talking, you're acting like you're carrying this burden entirely on your shoulders!

Have you ever looked at the tuition cost for college education today? Putting young people in debt to the amount of a monthly home mortgage has a direct affect on our economy. Who's going to feed our economy if these young people don't have enough spendable income to buy a home or consumer products?

So lets put more unfortunate ill people in debt who need expensive hospital care. How many hard working Americans have to lose their homes due to a devastating illness! This is simply not caring for your fellow man. We all should hope that none of our loved ones or ourselves become seriously ill and put us into a situation where we have to lose our home and life savings. Not all hardworking Americans are fortunate enough to have healthcare provided by our employers.

I'm amazed how people like you can even question why citizens should be provided free healthcare! I'm living comfortably, and I'm fortunate to have healthcare insurance, yet I'm willing to pay a tax to help others who are less fortunate. Are you going to stare a crying mother or father in the face if their son or daughter needs a life saving procedure? Just because their healthcare insurance doesn't cover it, or they're unfortunate enough to afford buying healthcare insurance.

I certainly don't hear the grumblings about universal healthcare by citizens of other nations who provide free or low cost access to healthcare. The U.S. has certainly fallen behind many countries on providing healthcare and education to their citizens. What's sad, is America and it's people have always been looked upon as having a moral and compassionate conscience. Unfortunately greed has taken its place.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Lots of people on ATS the last few days wanting to give people 'free' stuff. There has been the universal income people, the free health care people and of course the free university people to name a few.

The problem is none of these things are FREE they are in fact Government helping themselves to what is in MY wallet and yours. Now you might not care because you are on the receiving end of all this free stuff and don't have anything to lose, but you are stealing from my family and jeopardizing my future and that of my children.

Basically freebie people want to change the rules I have played with my entire life and change them to legally steal from you and I using the Government to legitimize this theft.

If someone holds me up on the street I have the right to defend myself. Shouldn't I be able to use that same force to defend myself vs. the freebie thieves?

I saw someone in another thread use this self-defense argument to justify the shooting of a Congressman playing softball.

I am not rich, but I am comfortable and that is not by accident. I worked my whole life to make it that way.

I'm tired of people thinking they have the right to give my stuff away.

[/quote.

Like it or not the universal income is coming.....we have no other choice. Think about it for a moment without bias. We already know truck drivers, taxi drivers, bus drivers are all going bye bye. After watching a company 3d print a house in 24 hours.... I gotta include carpenters too and production has in some places gone 100% automation....... then you remove all the people who make a living from those same folks by doing work for them like lawn care and stuff...... and you have to conclude that if we dont have a universal income in place and functioning it will be absolute chaos. We are talking despair that makes the Great Depression look like a kids little league game. Crime will run rampant as people who are already scared of each new day..... do what they gotta do to eat.
First person that spouts of on the virtues of simply retraining people...... dunce cap for you.

We can not allow our fellow Americans, who were happily doing a job and living a respectable life become desperate and afraid because of things beyond their control.. When can not have any of them becoming so distraught they see suicide as an option and if it takes a universal income... so be it. Money means nothing anyways.... it might as well be monopoly money. they can and do print as much as they want, whenever they want...as long as business is forced to keep prices frozen... after all they wont be paying millions of people so there is no reason for cost to rise

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I guess it's ok that the government helps themselves and uses trillions of our tax payers dollars to support a war machine, overseas military basis, and foreign aid. 

What does that even have to do with my OP?

Just because I didn't include every waste of tax dollars then I must support war? I am against ALL federal theft of our livelihood. I want all that money returned to the families it was stolen from.

If you know anything about me you know I am anti-war.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Lots of people on ATS the last few days wanting to give people 'free' stuff. There has been the universal income people, the free health care people and of course the free university people to name a few.

Basically freebie people want to change the rules I have played with my entire life and change them to legally steal from you and I using the Government to legitimize this theft.

If someone holds me up on the street I have the right to defend myself. Shouldn't I be able to use that same force to defend myself vs. the freebie thieves?

I saw someone in another thread use this self-defense argument to justify the shooting of a Congressman playing softball.

I am not rich, but I am comfortable and that is not by accident. I worked my whole life to make it that way.

I'm tired of people thinking they have the right to give my stuff away.

You may have worked your whole life and are comfortable but what about the people who have worked their whole life and are living hand to mouth,I am one of those people.
I receive no state assistant,am a non breeder and so get nothing from government except free healthcare (ah the good old NHS,not that I often use it.)
You've got more need to complain about military spending on nukes ,invasions etc.
But no,I will just pick on the less fortunate in life than myself,most who pay their taxes just like you.
As for stealing from your kids and you,get a grip- putting your brats to school probably costs more in a year than your taxes pay for.
edit on 16/6/2017 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No I don't.

I am just aware that hard work and perseverance are not enough most of the time, for most people to make anything other than a Dickensian nightmare of a life for themselves. You ignore this demonstrable fact.

Then by all means give your money away to whomever you wish. That doesn't give you the right to redistribute my retirement savings or business assets.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You know how much tax money governments give away for free to big corporations?

It's a lot.

How about instead of subsidising big corporations, the government spend the peoples money on things the people might actually get a benefit out of instead?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I shouldn't be forced to take care of you. I already have people I am responsible for in my family and friends. I love how people like you think they can do whatever they want and then expect someone else to take care of them.

You are selfish and greedy to think you are entitled to what others have. You are no better than a thief hiding behind the Government to make it okay to steal from someone who has never even met you.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
You know how much tax money governments give away for free to big corporations?

It's a lot.

How about instead of subsidising big corporations, the government spend the peoples money on things the people might actually get a benefit out of instead?

Again, just because I didn't list every way government steals and wastes our money doesn't mean I support it...I don't. I am just as infuriated with everything else the Government wastes.

My point is it should ALL be returned to the citizens it was stolen from. The Federal government does literally nothing of value.

We should be on a silver or gold standard and they can't even provide us a decent medium of exchange.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You are selfish and greedy to think you are entitled to what others have. You are no better than a thief hiding behind the Government to make it okay to steal from someone who has never even met you.

Oh come on now, thats a bit harsh. If they took the money as a penalty and gave you zero and nothing cents in return, I would agree its stealing. That sounds familiar to me. But a system similar to what much of the world, including vastly inferior economies uses today renders a no hassle peace of mind medical service should not be considered stealing. We would be receiving stellar care from all the same qualified and trusted physicians we have today, your friends and family included.

Who knows, business owners with a certain number of employees could get discount premiums for generating economic activity. Eh, eh, what you think about that?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm sure glad every other country in the world doesn't have any poverty or people struggling to get by.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't understand why their are people that expect Government to take care of them and welcome Government interference. I find it infuriating to have them meddling in my life, my choices and my wallet.

Maybe it should be set up as a co-op for people that want those services. That way they can quit bothering the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

That doesn't give you the right to redistribute my retirement savings or business assets.

How does your government redistribute your retirement savings or business assets for that matter . You say your retired , i would assume your providing your own health cover , hows that working out . How much do you pay for your police , fire services , roads , defence forces etc , are they free . If its free and it benefits you i am guessing that is ok . Put it this way , Johnny gets lumped with a huge bill , thats not money going into the economy , shareholders get that . Your system is broke , and very badly so .

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I get it. My paycheck tells me every week. Have you ever thought which is the greater between corporate welfare and social welfare?

That's what a simplified tax code would do. One rate for everyone top to bottom, business and individual, rich or poor.

I've said before, no representation without taxation, but if you're really too poor to pay your yearly income tax, then set a threshold and give those people below the option to opt out, but if they do, they also give up their federal voting rights. They only regain them after proving they have paid taxes for four years to prevent people only paying federal taxes every four years on presidential election years.

You gain the franchise with your citizenship as is the law now.

And then there has to be some kind of legal mechanism to get congress to stay within the amount of revenue generated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join