It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - You Can Dance If You Want To - Or Not?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I decided to post this new Mandela Effect because I think a great deal of people will have a strong memories based on this song. You may of sung it in karaoke or in the car with your friends etc.. It's definitely the kind of song you'd sing out loud back when it came out.

So Men Without Hats used to have the song "Safety Dance"..

The lyrics used to start:
"You can dance if you want to.."

That's now changed to:
"We can dance if we want to.."

Here is the official (changed) video:

Here's the official changed lyrics:
play.google.com... lyrics

There is tons of reality residue for this one - but I don't want to use up ATS server space uploading images - instead I'm going to just link to results..

Tons of Google Images (memes) with You can dance:
www.google.com... h=961

There are bands covering and singing "You can dance"
www.discogs.com...

Residue Roundup

Here are a few videos that do a much better job showing all the residue for this one.

It's weird hearing people sing the song the way I remember, with the music in the background clearly having different lyrics.

This Effect really stands out to me.. I strongly remember singing this out loud around the house when it came out. The lyrics definitely started "You can dance if you want to".. It's bizarre to hear the song now. I figure this one may really stand out for others..

Does anyone else remember the lyrics starting "You can dance if you want to"?

I'm almost betting there will be too many remembering the same wrong thing to be labeled a simple memory error (there's a big phonetic difference between we and you).

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Another example of clear reality tampering. How many things can change before the whole world sees it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately i have no personal experience with this particular song but i believe you. Digging into the ME is really interesting and i'm still not sure what could've caused it in the first place. Could this be connected to the strange microwaves that Antarctica emitted?

Just a warning before you start to argue with people that don't believe in this because they are apparently from another timeline. Both or even multiple realiies all existed. There is no way of proving the ME. I say let's document everything for future references.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

NO.

Does anyone else remember when ATS catered to intellectuals?

Even if this was true, what are the implications of such a phenomenon when it appears to only affect the trivial and mundane? Why aren't people discovering that there is more money in their bank accounts than what they last remembered?

edit on 11-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+67 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The original ats was about conspiracy, and out of the box thinking. Not politics and left and right Bashing.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Another example of clear reality tampering. How many things can change before the whole world sees it.

Yep. Because it makes a heck of a lot more sense that reality has literally been changed instead of people just remembering the lyrics wrong.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tebyen

Say what you want. You're entitled to your opinion, and that doesn't make you right.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The song has always started with "we can dance" but truth and reality never matter to believers of the ME just making their point that random illogical bits of the entertainment world are being modified years after the fact..

All it takes is to play "whisper down the lane" one time with a group of people and you can watch an ME form...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yeah...

The only post that had "we" was after the verses, repeating "we can dance".

The rest was definitely "you can dance". I have solid memory of this because I'd play it for an ex when she didn't want to dance but I did. It was specifically because it targeted the listener.

I'm still on the fence with this Mandela thing but I'm about to fall off of it.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn phone...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I remember it as we can dance. An indication of the position of the band and anyone that joined their philosophy.

But you can find you can dance if you want to repeated heavily in the lyrics to Prince's All the Critics Love U in New York from the 1999 album released in 1982. But that song was never released as a single nor were the lyrics included on the album sleeve.

But I guess you could always watch Paulie Shore's Biodome for kicks.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ahh this song. I loved this video as a small kid. I was a bit of a nerd and so the whole theme reminded me of dungeons and dragons (what with the dwarf and such). I sang this even though it was ridiculous. It was catchy and back in the 80s as a little kid, it was basically the only good thing going.

Anyhow

It was absolutely 100% WE can dance..the song was all about us and if your friends cant do what WE are doing, then they can sod off
we can dance
we can go
we can act
etc
the song is basically about freedom..we can do what we want. Why would there be a song on what you can do?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: tebyen

Say what you want. You're entitled to your opinion, and that doesn't make you right.

That's what people say when they have nothing to say or no facts to back up what they're trying to defend. Denying ignorance leads me to entertain (for the moment), an explanation that has been PROVEN to be true (faulty memory), rather than an alleged phenomenon that sneakily changes the lyrics of a song, the script of a movie or the title of a book.

edit on 11-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Its a song about anti-establishment and if I remember right was a protest basically by the lead singer for him and his friends getting kicked out of a club for dancing thus the reason it was then , is now and always will be "we can ...."

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

NO.

Does anyone else remember when ATS catered to intellectuals?

Even if this was true, what are the implications of such a phenomenon when it appears to only affect the trivial and mundane? Why aren't people discovering that there is more money in their bank accounts than what they last remembered?

It's always the same or less, never more.

Well i have a theroy that changes to our original timeline need time to catch up with the new timeline thus we are experiencing the changes little by little for now. Besides it is theorized that timelines have fix points in time and can't be altered that much. Even if you kill Hitler in the past WW2 would still have happened. Btw if this phenomenon isn't real then why do you advocate banning the topic from discussion altogether? We don't hurt anyone with this. Just ignore the ME threads and move on.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Ahh this song. I loved this video as a small kid. I was a bit of a nerd and so the whole theme reminded me of dungeons and dragons (what with the dwarf and such). I sang this even though it was ridiculous. It was catchy and back in the 80s as a little kid, it was basically the only good thing going.

Anyhow

It was absolutely 100% WE can dance..the song was all about us and if your friends cant do what WE are doing, then they can sod off
we can dance
we can go
we can act
etc
the song is basically about freedom..we can do what we want. Why would there be a song on what you can do?

That helps, thank you. I was wondering about the meaning and thinking the same thing.

But now I'm just questioning my sanity because I remember it as "you". But you're right, "we" fits the point of the song and makes more sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think there is some confusion about the ME in this thread. All versions of this song are true but they happened in different realities. Nobody is wrong here. That's the whole point of the ME. At one point in time our timelines/dimensions merged for some unknown reason. People from my reality ended up in your reality but both or mutiple realities still existed. Like i said there is no way to prove the ME's existence because everything is correct and your memories were never altered because of it. Basically it's like the multiverse theory and we have now humans on our earth that come from a different reality or universe. That's why some people are so confused.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

i still would like to see a picture of an old reba macentyre album to see how she spelled her name.
or a picture of an old berenstein bears book to see how it was spelled.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

*snooty look*
You can't dance here.

Waves at the queen, who refuses to post. lol

mommy wars has a lot of splainin' to dooooo....

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I forgot to add that some major changes to my timeline already occured but people ignore them because they experienced a different version of the same events. Hitler's eye color changed,a terrorist attack on the statue of liberty that was never mentioned and i've never heard of in my entire life,JFK's car was a 4 seater and many more. It's not just movies,shows and names of actors.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It was always WE, for as far back as I can remember it was WE, Sorry no Mandela effect here, and I hate that it is called Mandela, as ,again, I always remembered Mandeal living and becoming president of South Africa. Hell they even made a movie about called Invictus with Morgan Freeman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join