It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything you suggest, wanting to open my mind.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
Meditation is what you are. Initially people sit and 'do' meditation but eventually one comes to see that one is never not meditating. Meditation is a tool that can show you what your true nature is.
You are aware.
You are what never comes or goes - always here and now seeing and knowing whatever shows up.

edit on 11-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thank You!
Of course you're correct, it just took a different path for me to get there.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think you might have answered your own question? However..a quiet mind inside a building is a quiet mind in nature-.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Has anyone suggested pain? It has some benefits.

edit on 11-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A hatchet will do.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have been cut and pierced several times by a professional, but a safer way to explore pain is by eating a large amount of a powerful chili, like habanero or naga, stuff will happen, and you will better understand the connection between the mind and the body.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Caver78
Meditation is what you are. Initially people sit and 'do' meditation but eventually one comes to see that one is never not meditating. Meditation is a tool that can show you what your true nature is.
You are aware.
You are what never comes or goes - always here and now seeing and knowing whatever shows up.

Ah I didn't see this, ur right..

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So we've got hatchet wounds, spicy ghost peppers, and cutting.

Maybe combine the three.

Or...

Maybe not..

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
deadlyhope

originally posted by: Caver78

There are different types of meditation. Typical types don't always work for everyone, so while taking the time to pull yourself out of the "everyday" and do something for yourself it can be horribly demotivating if you're one of those who sitting still and breathing just doesn't work.

This rings true for me from personal experience...

For myself it is running and being in nature. Which is a form of meditation honestly. I used to meditate in the literal sense, but found that running got me "there" quicker and I stayed in that meditative/focused state longer....as well as enjoyed it more. You soon shut out the world and dive deep into your thoughts...and there is focus and understanding gained by the end of the run.

Another person I know uses video games to do the same thing. It is his form of meditation. He can play the game and concentrate on pressing matters while he does so.

And writing of course helps me dive deep into my own personal thoughts without the distraction of the outside world. I guess everyone has their own way of meditating. You just need to find the right one for you based on your personal hobbies, interests, and life in general.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
For myself it is running and being in nature. Which is a form of meditation honestly. I used to meditate in the literal sense, but found that running got me "there" quicker and I stayed in that meditative/focused state longer....as well as enjoyed it more. You soon shut out the world and dive deep into your thoughts...and there is focus and understanding gained by the end of the run.

Another person I know uses video games to do the same thing. It is his form of meditation. He can play the game and concentrate on pressing matters while he does so.

And writing of course helps me dive deep into my own personal thoughts without the distraction of the outside world. I guess everyone has their own way of meditating. You just need to find the right one for you based on your personal hobbies, interests, and life in general.

Thanks,
blend57

Meditating is not about thinking better - meditation is a tool that will show that thoughts just arise - it is about discovering that you are not the thinker. When it is realised that you are not doing thought - it may be obvious that you are not doing anything - you are only truly free when you find that you are only witnessing the show - that is, whatever is happening presently.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Itisnowagain

Well, if you say so. I'm not really an expert on meditating...I really thought it was different for everyone..different results, different process. But those activities I listed seem to work well for me based on my experiences.

Thanks for the additional information. I do appreciate it.

blend57

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
Itisnowagain

Well, if you say so. I'm not really an expert on meditating...I really thought it was different for everyone..different results, different process.

One must find out what they are - know thyself.
You will not find yourself in thought - thought makes out that you are a thing - thinking is thinging.
You are the aware space of now - and all things come and go. The appearance of now is constantly changing but now is constant.
You are aware now - and now never comes or goes - so you were never born and will never die.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I always liked the Spirit Science vids even though I don't agree with Drunvalo Melchizadek's views entirely.

There's still plenty of gems in there though. Mainly the vids that go over self growth, chakras, meditation, etc. đź‘Ť

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I'm glad you mentioned that your friend uses video games as a meditation tool. I do the same!

I find that when some of your conscious mind is applied to a task that doesn't require much thought, your subconscious thoughts simply arise in a way that's much more tangible and organized. Often times your inner voice comes through as well. If that makes sense to you.

I recall reading once that monks considered their daily chores to be a meditation. They'd claim they would reach their most significant epiphanies and insights while doing menial tasks like washing the floors of the monastery.

edit on 11-6-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I wish pot and hallucinogenic mushrooms were legal. It would generate a lot of tax revenue and reduce incarceration costs. I think read somewhere 90% of the 4 million people in prison are because of marijuana crimes. Pot is HUGE cash cow for the prison industrial complex.

American Slavery, Reinvented

The Thirteenth Amendment forbade slavery and involuntary servitude, “except as punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.”

We now incarcerate more than 2.2 million people, with the largest prison population in the world, and the second highest incarceration rate per capita. Our prison populations remain racially skewed. With few exceptions, inmates are required to work if cleared by medical professionals at the prison. Punishments for refusing to do so include solitary confinement, loss of earned good time, and revocation of family visitation. For this forced labor, prisoners earn pennies per hour, if anything at all.

God Bless America!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Well it has been the starting point of my 'journey' I see Melchizadek a just a guide , you dont have to agree. Good journey !
edit on 6112017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies, everyone! I got busy right after posting so I apologize for not replying to individuals. I will read each reply, and take your suggestions in, for sure.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Use your current conscious awareness to enhance your spiritual frequency-

Meaning begin to think outside the box more then some who for example may feel and think naive about themselves and the species of Hue-manity and the inhabited Multiverse collective...

For example some humans possess ego, but not just the ego of looking down upon other humans and being judgmental but the ego of feeling:
a) humans are the center of objective reality & the Universe
b) thinking its ok for humans to treat others unlike them such as other animals however they wish & not thinking there is karmic energy related to such thinking and behavior.

For how would the human animal feel if say other animal like beings existing within the multiverse and in the cosmos or other dimensions as animal spirit energy and treated humans like humans treat livestock here? Or how humans would feel if treated like animals are treated during hunting season?

Once you consciously begin to acknowledge others unlike you within the collective more it seems to automatically enhance your spiritual frequencies or connects you to the conscious collective.

And those within the multiverse can possibly detect feel that frequency.

Just as they can feel those humans who feel egotistical consciously and who then resonate within those egotistical spiritual frequencies...

Think about it, would you if you are benevolent based alien or spirit to this planet attract more or gravitate more to the frequencies of those naive egotistical humans or those humans who care more about the other life they share this planet with who also care about the planet?

It kind of makes sense, the energy you willfully put out affects the energy projected back upon you.

So if you are a egotistical hater type human who is about Service To Self S.T.S and thinks its ok to harvest livestock and then waste much of what is harvested for example and not use what's leftover to feed the homeless because of lack of financial gain.
Or possibly feel its ok to hunt for sport and not survival.
Or if you feel it is ok to disrespect the environment your sharing with others unlike you because you feel you are the top of the Universal food chain very naive conscious energy and feel its ok to pollute the land and seas and also air for again more financial gain.
Then you must consciously acknowledge how the Universe is eventually going to respond to you individually and or in mass.

All of this thinking 1 shared begins to automatically cause deep meditative states of consciousness, because you think then begin to feel as you open your third eyes and spirit more of you current surroundings.
You begin to sense the activities going on in slaughter houses may not be ok and that many of those animals get wasted after harvested so why would the CREATOR of their energy treat you any different? W/other animals within the Universe?

Yes it is understood things eat things in this realm of consumption but the amounts wasted and amount of people that could be fed the non eaten foods is ignorantly staggering. And its not done because it wont generate money and may cost money to do.

So in the end or current we have masses of animals farmed to be consumed (unknowingly)
That are then harvested by the human animal (for financial gain?)
Placed in slaughter houses (by humans) who then kill, dissect and package the animals for sale of which some is eventually wasted? Which could at least be used to feed the homeless.
And consciously this is accepted because the closed mind feels it ok we are the dominant species? Closed minded...

And again how is it then wrong if other animals do the same to humanity?

This is the area where LOVE & LIGHT* comes into play more with the spirit and consciousness as you learn to love those animals you too are linked to on this planet more and so develop better ways to coexist.
Just as humans would hope others unlike them also part of the animalia kingdoms would develop better ways to coexist with humanity.

Now as you deep think what 1 shared, you enter deeper meditative state where the collectives are.
The collectives of other CREATOR Creations unlike you...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Kinda interesting exercise I did last night.

I've just been frustrated lately, I let people get on my nerves even when they haven't done anything.

While I am working on figuring my underlying feelings and thoughts, my most immediate thought was that I needed to get my mind correct when it comes to interacting with others.

I imagined embracing every person I thought of. Slowly, consciously connecting with each person, regardless of my recent thoughts and feelings towards them.

It brought a large amount of peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join