It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything you suggest, wanting to open my mind.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
I'd like to feel some type of transcendence.

There is no need for you to be anything other than what you are already - but you may believe that you are something that you are not.
Instead of going to the mind for a way to be some thing - realise that the mind believes in things. The mind pretends that there are things and it tells you that you are a thing.
Look right now at what there really is - stop going to the mind for an answer and use direct experience instead.

What is real? What is here and now is real but the mind (thoughts appearing now) speak of other than this so you believe there is something other so you are not fully here - you are fragmented - you are denying what IS. The belief in something other creates seeking - seeking for something which isn't. It is only the human mind which believes in things that aren't.
Rise above the thought stories and see them happening. Stop buying into the stories and realise that you are what is seeing and knowing what is happening - and see that there is no you doing the thinking or acting - you are the witness to whatever is appearing including the body and the mind.

Transcend by noticing that you are the ever present witness of the play - you are not a person in time.

edit on 18-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Meditation is not an act, that is a gross misconception but very persistent among seekers.

What is 'meditation' if it is not an act? I am not saying that it is an act but I just want to know what you are getting at with the statement above.
If it is not an act - what is it (in your opinion)?

In reality, there are no seekers - just seeking!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Are you running around looking for something which already is?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What is 'meditation' if it is not an act?

Investigate the question you've put, do not seek answers.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

What is 'meditation' if it is not an act?

Investigate the question you've put, do not seek answers.

You have made a sweeping statement saying that it is a gross misconception that meditation is an act and I wonder what you mean by that.
I have investigated - here is the post I made earlier in the thread - in case you missed it.

Meditation is what you are. Initially people sit and 'do' meditation but eventually one comes to see that one is never not meditating. Meditation is a tool that can show you what your true nature is.
You are aware.
You are what never comes or goes - always here and now seeing and knowing whatever shows up.

Meditation may initially seem as if it is act - it might seem that you are doing it - but it is found that you do nothing. There is no one actually 'in there' doing anything at all. All is arising all by itself - thoughts arise but no one is thinking - this can be noticed when sitting quietly happens.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You want to 'transcend' - transcend what exactly?
Do you want to rise above and see the character that you once believed was you and simply watch the movie in peace? Or is it something else that you want?

You will never find peace - because you are peace itself - but it has not been recognised yet. You are the aware space in which all the sound and fury happens.
Here is a sweet video which shows that thoughts appear and disappear in peace.

None of the video links I post are knowledge - all videos get you to look at direct experience - so you can investigate for yourself to see what is true or false for yourself - no one is selling anything.
edit on 19-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yes, i've missed your post.

It is not a gimmick as you obviously found out.
The right word for a meditative tool would be mindfullness, to either train or still the mind, what mind?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The right word for a meditative tool would be mindfullness, to either train or still the mind, what mind?

But who can train or still the mind? There is no who that can do - that is what needs to be recognised - no one is doing anything - all is just happening - thoughts are happening, colour is happening, sound is happening.
What's the problem when nothing is happening to you?

Transcending the human condition of suffering happens when the one who is suffering is found to be an illusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join