It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything you suggest, wanting to open my mind.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Not drugs.

I'd like to feel some type of transcendence.

Any resources, suggestions, links to threads or websites would be appreciated.

What should I do?

Meditate?
Exercise?
Go out in nature?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Meditation.

Learn how to control your breathing and do it properly without interruption.

Lucid dreaming practices are another. Quite a larger learning curve however. (I still can't quite grasp it yet)

Travel?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Whatever Path you take should come from your own discoveries, it will mean more...

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Meditation is one of the best, easiest ways to "open" your mind. It's also one of the hardest but most rewarding.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
All of thee above...

The holy trinity towards inner reflection and understanding is body, mind, spirit..

Of course there's no set order. If you are in control with any of the three, simply prioritize the other two accordingly.

One must try to alleviate all toxins: diet, hydration, and supplements are key. It's incredible the amount of crap we ingest that really does effect our mental capabilities.

Work within your scope of necessity... that's pretty much how it all works. Your body WILL let you know what's good and bad once it has experienced both.

Be patient.... be available..... be here....

Life changing choices are scary but can be......well,....

Life changing.

Take that step......no fear....

edit on E30America/ChicagoSun, 11 Jun 2017 00:43:54 -05006amSundayth12am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Mountainbiking does the trick for me. When riding, I stay (mostly) focused on the moment, my breathing which is kinda like meditating and exercising outdoors to boot. Three birds in one stone... maybe a long hike or a camping trip with an interesting book will do the trick for you?

There could be something akin to transcendence in punishing our mind and body and somewhat enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Western Zen. I honestly think you will find exactly what you are looking for. If you give it a go be patient at first. It is a real life changer!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Focused meditation is the usual go-to. Just remember to stay grounded. Dont try and pry your brain / 3rd eye open too much, and remember it is equally important to learn how to close it. Ive seen some people lose their minds -- though most were not totally stable to begin with -- while trying to reach another level of consciousness. With such people, they will often start having a problem knowing where the real, physical world ends and their imaginations or less corporeal visions begin. It can in extreme circumstances induce schizophrenic hallucinations.

But in most cases, if you stay grounded and dont overdo it, it can bring a nice sense of oneness, and insights you would not otherwise have. You may even find it can open you to some small level of psychic awareness.

The majority of the youtube videos about it are bs by people that have obviously never had a true mind expanding experience: a lot of hippy, feel good language to sell views. You really have to wade through the muck to find the real stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Glad to see a thread like this. World needs more open-minded people. Not saying that i am that good of an example.

I have to say meditation too. Google some basic stuff but don't let it get too complex or demanding. Just take a comfortable position, and try to find your "natural breathing cycle". For me, the breathing gets slower and deeper. It is good to try to shut down thoughts because there is so much distraction directed at our brains in this time. But if thoughts get into your head, don't force them out, just let them come and go. No labels, no judging, just a thought of a mere concept which momentarily pops into your consciousness and then fades away.

Then exercise for both physical and mental well-being. In the bottom line, it is "drugs" but in a productive and a healthy way.

Don't get too deep into it. There is a real physical world where you actually need to (i assume) do the dishes, cook some food, sleep, have some social interaction. As another poster said above, i have also witnessed people go straight up crazy opening their minds so much that their brains fall out (quote from another member, can't remember who but obviously a brilliant mind)

I wish all the best of luck and success via effort upon your journey.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Meditation certainly. It can be combined with exercise or artwork or anything really. I recommend finding a teacher at a local meditation center if possible. It really helps to practice with an experienced person and others.

I wouldn't rule out drugs altogether. Not on a regular basis of course but with careful preparation and guidance it can give you a taste of a different mind state and thereby encourage you to seek similar without drugs.

Best wishes.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Fasting...

it prolongs life
strengthens the immune system
clears toxins
the benefits are many...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

True. Many people are not aware of of both the good and bad that happens when you go more awareness/information on reality.

Even if you where a perfect observer the information environment that can be accessed thru PSI is not very clean on this level so there is a lot of crap emerging if you allow yourself to measure it. Allowing the information to flow upwards from entangled objective quantum information->unconscious mind information->conscious single thread thoughts. And I can think on how annoying it would be to have that crap in the internal speakers or visually sensors. So push that information away and connect to the levels where that insanity is not.

We should probably use ultra sound on the schizophrenic to see if we can induce an artificial bliss state to take the edge off by changing how the amygdala reward system work.

If a body is sensitive to sound manipulation I would recommend binaural beats if it feels nice. If you play with chakras make sure you both spend time on root and crown.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

Shutting off the crap works wonders, it disconnects you. In fact, knowing the 'Truth' makes disconnection so much easier. There's some revealing Truths in this thread. RV works remarkably well for me.
edit on 11-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Intuition works wonders, that pain you feel in the pit of your gut that you know that you know beyond reason!

People need to learn how to tap into and trust themselves more when they feel it, it always tells you the Truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Don't try to open the mind - just watch it. The mind is just one thought happening at a time but most assume it is like a box of some sort full of stuff - but has anyone ever discovered a mind? The mind is an idea - a concept.
It would be better for you to get out of the mind! And this is done when you discover that you are not in the mind (thoughts) - you are the witness of the thoughts as they happen.
Meditation is a tool that is used to discover that thoughts and sensations simply just happen.

When you discover that you are not doing thoughts and that thoughts can never speak about you then you will be free. Thought cannot speak about you because the real, true you is merely the witness of everything that arises.
You are not what appears and disappears - you are ever present witnessing whatever shows up.

Remember - it is not 'your' mind.

Here is a very insightful talk which explains the problem with thought by the American Physicist David Bohm.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
I'd like to feel some type of transcendence.

Stephen Wingate has made some great youtube talks. Here is a good one to get you started.

And another:

edit on 11-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
What should I do?

Find out what is real about you.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

There are different types of meditation. Typical types don't always work for everyone, so while taking the time to pull yourself out of the "everyday" and do something for yourself it can be horribly demotivating if you're one of those who sitting still and breathing just doesn't work.

Some examples of moving meditations are,
spiritualityhealth.com...

There are many more than these examples. You need to find what works for YOU!!
I agree with MaxTamesSiva maybe mountain biking, but if you can't afford the gear etc...some hiking, or actually anything that is the opposite of your regular routine, outdoors,will do the trick.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
For those that find a traditional static meditation is not their path, try running.

I'll describe my own little experience.

I've always had problems with running, never could do more than three kilometers (two miles, right). It was my record, though I've always been in sport and activities like martial arts, calisthenics, bicycle, etc. And I've always hated running: my liver started to hurt after just two kilometers, I was running out of air and so on.

But one summer I've decided to make some sort of "the separation the mind and the body" experiment. It was damn hot summer here in Moscow, believe me. Every evening I came to the stadium, regardless of anything, and tried to work with my mind. My body DESPERATELY resisted. But I did the same thing day by day: just tried to run as much as I could, lap after lap, focusing on my mind and breath. I knew I could go way further than I used to think. It wasn't just a jogging routine, it was a pure "separation" practice.

And one day, after seven or eight weeks of doing that (and accustoming to a proper running technique) I managed to do eleven kilometers (seven miles, 44 laps instead of usual 8-12, 60 minutes of running instead of usual 12-15). Can you believe it? I remember I've decided to stop after 44th lap because of my awareness of possible health problems, but I clearly remember I could continue even farther. But there was no need to continue. My body was like crushed by a tank. But my mind was like "Yeah, you got it." (And it's useless to tell here what I've actually got.)

They say the mind is infinite, so I had to prove it for myself. That "trip" was so grueling and hurtful that I had to stop this practice since I've lost my both toenails. It turned purple and after 2-3 days just fell off. Probably the cause for that nails story was infirm adhesion of my feet in snickers. It took a year for new ones to grow up. Very hurtful and extremely irritating issue, esp. if you face it with no third-party medical aid (just imagine hygienic complications or a straight nail's growth problem). However, I believe that was the price I had to pay, so I'm OK with that.

A quote that pushed me to do it (I won't promote the source, those who search will surely find):

"Physical body has the task to let you experience this reality and whenever you search for the other, it resists."

From that day, it's not just a quote for me.))

You don't have to repeat my experience, but you can definitely gain yours with that kind of "Zen running."

Running is the best activity anyway.

P.S. Stay safe and check a proper running and breathing technique before your trip.
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join