It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's lawyer to file complaint against Comey: report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well... "someone" knew about the existence of Comey's "memos" on May 11:

It has been well known that he keeps meticulous memos. So yes people knew about the existence of them.

Except apparently he didn't keep memos until Trump. He said so in testimony. No notes about meetings with Obama, or Lynch. That narrative is losing momentum. He really wasn't known for keeping meticulous memos. Until he miraculously started keeping notes on his meetings with Trump.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Was his friend that had the memo responsible for the article printed on the 11th?

Mr. Comey described details of his refusal to pledge his loyalty to Mr. Trump to several people close to him on the condition that they not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. But now that Mr. Comey has been fired, they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.
New York Times article published May 11th

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

It has been well known that he keeps meticulous memos. So yes people knew about the existence of them.

Except apparently he didn't keep memos until Trump. He said so in testimony. No notes about meetings with Obama, or Lynch. That narrative is losing momentum. He really wasn't known for keeping meticulous memos. Until he miraculously started keeping notes on his meetings with Trump.

Indeed. Comey seems to contradict himself at every turn. He even claimed under oath that he did not know Trump well enough to understand what he means, then proceeded with his dog and pony show about what he thought Trump meant.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Who claimed he only started keeping memos with Trump?

Are they claiming the FBI director only started such things with Trump?

In the cia, there is a saying: if you didn't write it down it doesn't exist.In the fbi everything exists because everything is written down.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Who claimed he only started keeping memos with Trump?

Are they claiming the FBI director only started such things with Trump?

Comey claims that:

COMEY: That’s right, Senator.

And I — I — as I said in my written testimony, as FBI director, I interacted with President Obama. I spoke only twice in three years, and didn’t document it. When I was deputy attorney general, I had one one-on-one meeting with President Bush about a very important and difficult national security matter.

I didn’t write a memo documenting that conversation either — sent a quick e-mail to my staff to let them know there was something going on, but I didn’t feel, with President Bush, the need to document it in that way, again (ph), because of — the combination of those factors just wasn’t present with either President Bush or President Obama.
COTTON: You said that there — you did not record your conversations with President Obama or President Bush in memos. Did you do so with Attorney General Sessions or any other senior member of the Trump Department of Justice?

COMEY: No.

COTTON: Did you...

(CROSSTALK) COMEY: I think it — I’m sorry.

COTTON: ... did you record conversations in memos with Attorney General Lynch or any other senior member of the Obama Department of Justice?

COMEY: No, not that I recall.

Full testimony

edit on 6/9/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So you are not claiming that Comey has never taken notes before you are just saying Trump was the only president that made Comey feel he needed to take detailed notes with.

In other words he didn't trust Trump.

He has pretty good instincts.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So you are not claiming that Comey has never taken notes before you are just saying Trump was the only one that made Comey feel he needed to take detailed notes with.

I am not claiming anything other than what Comey said.
I am backing up Khaleesi, who showed that you were incorrect, which you then tried to counter.

I don't doubt that Comey "feared" Trump, as he said as much in his testimony.
Comey is a wuss, by his own admission.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Was his friend that had the memo responsible for the article printed on the 11th?

Mr. Comey described details of his refusal to pledge his loyalty to Mr. Trump to several people close to him on the condition that they not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. But now that Mr. Comey has been fired, they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.

I understand that. The problem is the FBI is tasked with stopping leaks. Apparently the FBI is really in the business of leaking. So, you think Comey is going to tell the Senate in that closed hearing exactly who he shared that info with? If he does then they will have a list of possible leakers. If not then the only name we will have is the one friend that he has admitted to giving at least one memo. "Condition of anonymity" indeed. The press isn't going to reveal their source. But will Comey, when asked under oath who he told?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yep, Comey admitted to being a coward . Not a great trait in an FBI Director.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So Comey Treated Trump as a suspicious person and kept meticulous notes on his interactions with him which he was well known for doing.

And he is a wuss because he didn't cave into Trump and pledge loyalty to him. I admit he probably did fear Trump would lie about their meetings. Seems his fear was well founded.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I understand that. The problem is the FBI is tasked with stopping leaks. Apparently the FBI is really in the business of leaking. So, you think Comey is going to tell the Senate in that closed hearing exactly who he shared that info with? If he does then they will have a list of possible leakers. If not then the only name we will have is the one friend that he has admitted to giving at least one memo. "Condition of anonymity" indeed. The press isn't going to reveal their source. But will Comey, when asked under oath who he told?

There shouldn't be any task to uncover who leaked unclassified info about their meeting.

Why would there be?

It would be a different story if national security was involved, but there isn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So Comey Treated Trump as a suspicious person and kept meticulous notes on his interactions with him which he was well known for doing.

And he is a wuss because he didn't cave into Trump and pledge loyalty to him. I admit he probably did fear Trump would lie about their meetings. Seems his fear was well founded.

Comey caved to Lynch. She told him to say that the Clinton investigation was a "matter", and he caved, even though he knew it was wrong.
Comey had an agenda.

Comey wanted to cover himself, because he knew that he made mistakes, especially with Clinton.
This is why he took notes.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No, Comey testified under oath that he didn't keep notes until Trump. So , no he was not a meticulous note taker. You've already been told that.

He is a wuss because he admitted it under oath... well a coward to be exact.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So you are not claiming that Comey has never taken notes before you are just saying Trump was the only president that made Comey feel he needed to take detailed notes with.

He has pretty good instincts.

The claim is he kept 'meticulous notes'. If that were true, he would have kept notes on any work related conversations. He said Lynch made him uncomfortable with the order to change the wording in the Clinton Investigation. And yet no notes. He was uncomfortable with Lynch's meeting Bill on the tarmac, and yet again, no notes. He seems to be very selective about who he keeps notes on and it obviously isn't just with people that make him 'uncomfortable'. Otherwise he would have kept notes on meetings with Lynch too but, he didn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Filing a complain is expected, I am sure Comey is expecting this, now how bad it can get is if an investigation shows that Comey was releasing information before he was fired from the agency.

Is already very clear that he did what he did because he was vindictive and is was solely political.

He does have a bar association and can lose that and political if he is trying to go for another government office in the future he would be bar also.

Beside that he is a millionaire thanks to the Clintons associations and doesn't need to work for the rest of his life.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Because he said "matter" it makes him a wuss. Ok Roll eyes.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He said he didn't keep notes on other presidential meetings.

Are you claiming he never took notes on other suspicious people now?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Are you claiming to know who Comey felt suspicious about? Do you know him personally so you can make such determination about him?

A president calls you in and sends everyone else off then asks for your loyalty like the Don and trys to get you to drop an investigation for no good reason.

He is pretty damn smart to keep notes IMHO.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Like during an interview of the prime suspect in an investigation?

And inviting the AG to attend that undocumented interview?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Because he said "matter" it makes him a wuss. Ok Roll eyes.

COMEY: It’s a great question. Maybe if I were stronger, I would have. I was so stunned by the conversation that I just...

Again, maybe other people would be stronger in that circumstance but that — that was — that’s how I conducted myself. I — I hope I’ll never have another opportunity. Maybe if I did it again, I would do it better.

And she said, yes, but don’t call it that, call it a matter. And I said, why would I do that? And she said, just call it a matter. And, again, you look back in hindsight, you think should I have resisted harder? I just said, all right, it isn’t worth — this isn’t a hill worth dying on and so I just said, OK, the press is going to completely ignore it. And that’s what happened.

There is more in there, if you actually listened to it or read it.
If you watched the testimony, he came across as a bitter wuss.
He did not stand up to Lynch, he fears Trump - he showed that he has no backbone.
I actually used to respect Comey, but his actions this last month have changed my mind.

transcript

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join