It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Cop’s Husband Puts Him In Chokehold Outside Denny’s

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Isn't the choke hold illegal??

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

.... as well as Einstien, might.

*Einstein

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Using the "exceptions to the rule" argument is pretty lame and save for the rather odd and rare autistic genius, grammar is a pretty reliable way to separate an idiot from someone worthy of carrying on a conversation with.

And you know, gosh, it might be worth mentioning that this is a forum where the only form of communication is written language. I'd say a decent grasp of grammar is pretty important.

Interesting that you couldn't understand the point I was making. Sad really maybe you are too smart for a forum of many from varied backgrounds.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

And the bitch didn't call for help after the dude had stopped breathing after her husband chocked the guy for 10-15 mins

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

An absolutely It is. It's everyone's responsibility. That's one of the reasons society is so #ed up.

I guess you also think that when I saw some dude beating his wife throwing her head first into a fence hard enough to break the sunglasses of her face that I should've just minded my own business too huh?

Jaden.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

You aren't speaking to me but, I'm going to say thank you for stepping into the obvious abuse that person was suffering. I wish more people would step in and stop senseless violence.
Peeing in a parking lot and bashing someone's head against a fence are miles apart. I think a person should temper their notions of responsibility for the rest of us with common sense.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just so y'all know, a cowboy wouldn't have done this. A cowboy would have said, "Sir, do you need a ride?"

This was done by a small-membered bully.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well that's a felonious assault, isn't it? Let's not try and equate that with a guy pissing outside. And let's not resort to concocting strawman arguments, no matter how desperate you are to show everybody what an amazing person you are.

Nobody appointed you arbiter of what's wrong and what's right. You're not some caped superhero going around righting injustices in the world. Nobody needs you to go around correcting people's behavior. And I would wager most people don't WANT you to, either.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Alright...

...I suppose you would agree with being killed if you physically assaulted somebody?...

Probably not...

...Some people just like to argue...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Well....

cw39.com...

Outrage is growing over the strangling death of Hernandez now that the Harris County Medical Examiner has ruled the death a homicide. Now the Hernandez family wants swift justice.
The Harris County DA's Office says the evidence in the case will be presented to a grand jury, and they will determine if a crime has been committed.

And...

But the attorney for the Harris County deputy's family issued a statement saying, "We have not committed any crime. Mr. Hernandez was the initial aggressor, striking my client."

Even if Mr. Hernandez was the aggressor. The Deputies Husband caused the death of Mr. Hernandez. Unless someone is threatening your life. You don't have the right to cause someones death. Certainly the husband should do some jail time.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I would of lined the back seat with doggy pee pads.

And learn something new every day. I guess that would be assault. You can't go around peeing on people.

However I'm not sure Mr. Hernandez urinated on the husband. It's not clear from the news article.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Depends on local laws. And also on a case by case basis.

However generically, from what I've read, you have to match force with equal force.

If someone isn't using lethal force. You can't use lethal force back.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

An absolutely It is. It's everyone's responsibility. That's one of the reasons society is so #ed up.

I guess you also think that when I saw some dude beating his wife throwing her head first into a fence hard enough to break the sunglasses of her face that I should've just minded my own business too huh?

Jaden.

Yeah cause that's the same thing as pissing on a wall.
So glad there are vigilantes out there like you kickass to right all the wrongs.
I feel so much safer

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden.

Dude was just taking a piss. Get real. He wasn't slamming a female into a fence.

Good on you for speaking up during that, though. Drunk guy taking a piss? Ignore or offer a ride home. If no home, babysit the poor sap until he gets where he is going.

Been there, done that. I've dragged a drunk off of Broadway in Saratoga before he was hit by vehicles. The cops saw me do it and I begged the man to let the cops take him home. He said "F you and F pigs." The cops said they could do nothing about it. I begged them to take him to the hospital. They wouldn't.

I ended up leaving the man on a bench, the poor fool.

Even if someone is fighting you, you don't have to kill them.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Both the deputy and her husband have been indicted for murder in this case and are expected to shortly surrender.

A Harris County sheriff's deputy and her husband were indicted Thursday by a grand jury in the death of a 24-year-old Crosby man outside a Denny's restaurant.

Deputy Chauna Thompson and her husband, Terry Thompson, were charged with murder in the death of John Hernandez, District Attorney Kim Ogg announced as she stood next to Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.

The grand jury's decision - after a parade of witnessesThursday - was announced in a joint press conference with the DA's office and the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

They were expected to surrender immediately, Ogg said. They could face 5 years to life in prison if convicted.

Source: The Houston Chronicle

Not at all surprised by this outcome. Hopefully, justice will be served.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

hahahahahaahah
yes

dude should have thought about his kid instead of being mr kickass

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Right or wrong
Good or bad
Legal or illegal
The automated systems have been engaged.
The A.I. has predetermined guilt beyond all reasonable doubt.

Evidence is irrelevant.
Facts are irrelevant.
Jury trials are irrelevant.
Execute...execute....execute

Response time was 43 minutes.
That's called sandbagging or allowing bad things to happen at the scene on purpose because responding personnel are not on scene and therefore are not involved and can not be implicated.

Buck

edit on 8-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

"I'm extremely disappointed the grand jury chose to indict," he said. "I don't believe the evidence shows that."

He said he doesn't believe Terry Thompson meant to intentionally kill Hermandez and doesn't believe the grand jury had time to consider all the evidence.

You would think they've been convicted. There is still an actual trial.

This doesn't sound good for the defendant

"The man was turning purple," she said, holding back tears. "We begged him to get off the man and he wouldn't."

She said she tried to reason with Thompson as he straddled Hernandez and choked him.

"He looked me in the face and said, 'I'm not getting off him.'"

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Night Flight I couldn't agree with you more, but both of us know that most of these people will never go for a ride along with a police department, or sack up and try putting a badge and vest on every day when they wake up not knowing if they will see their loved ones again.

As for the situation at hand, I hate to say it but S*** happens sometimes its the nature of life, this is just another reason why you shouldn't break the law (public urination is considered to be a category 1 sex offender crime in most states)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Proportional Response

The use of self-defense must also match the level of the threat in question. In other words, a person can only employ as much force as required to remove the threat. If the threat involves deadly force, the person defending themselves can use deadly force to counteract the threat. If, however, the threat involves only minor force and the person claiming self-defense uses force that could cause grievous bodily harm or death, the claim of self-defense will fail.

Although a person reserves the right to protect himself, once the threat of danger is removed, the privilege of self defense is also removed. A person cannot attack another to exact revenge or for any other reason besides the threat of immediate harm. This concept is usually familiar to the average person: if you are being attacked you have the personal right to exert approximately the same amount of force to protect yourself from injury.

The level of force used to protect oneself must be proportionate to the attacker's level of threat. A defendant can no longer claim self defense once he has used force above and beyond that of the plaintiff's original attack. If excessive force, force that does not match the level of threat, is used to defend oneself, then a tort is committed. In this case each party may have the right to claim torts against one another.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550

Night Flight I couldn't agree with you more, but both of us know that most of these people will never go for a ride along with a police department, or sack up and try putting a badge and vest on every day when they wake up not knowing if they will see their loved ones again.

As for the situation at hand, I hate to say it but S*** happens sometimes its the nature of life, this is just another reason why you shouldn't break the law (public urination is considered to be a category 1 sex offender crime in most states)

Piss happens, too.

You "hate to say it".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join