It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Global Warmists Practice What They Preach?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Are you a global warmist? Do you do everything in your power to stop climate change?

I doubt your conviction. Eat these bugs, prove your faith.

According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN), insects that are edible "contain high quality protein, vitamins and amino acids for humans."

As well as their nutritional value, eating insects has less of an impact on our planet than more conventional sources of protein.

The FAO states that they possess a "high food conversion rate," citing the example of crickets, which require "six times less feed than cattle."

www.cnbc.com...

Yes, that's right, if you believe that Action Must Be Taken to stop man-made global warming; eat bugs. When was the last time you had a nice juicy steak? That's a no-no, if you want to stand true to your beliefs and not merely pay lip-service.

What's the little motto for eating bugs, I'm sure every single global warmist knows it, 'black and brown wolf it down'? Since if you are a True Believer, and will dine on cockroaches and earthworms before you would ever touch a hamburger or delicious chicken!

Come on, be honest, I want to know: Do The Global Warmists Practice What They Preach?

Do Hollywood celebrities eat insects, what respectable progressive establishment would ever conceive of serving beef, pork, or chicken?

Every single person who is bashing the US for pulling out of the climate agreement, they better be eating mealworms and crickets. I will not take a single one seriously until that time comes.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor
With regards to the extreme alarmists.

They're all talk and in my experience not many even know the science.

They are close minded to anything but their own narrative and will refuse peer reviewed papers or any other evidence they could possibly be wrong.

edit on 1-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Can't hear you over the sound of Gores private jet!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

i do believe in global warming but i would not call myself a global warmist..
and no i do not take action

im a selfish dick

truth

the earth is good through my daughters lifetime

pass the porterhouse

im just being honest
i cant really be worried about the future past that

im not opposed to eating bugs as a substitute to beef and such but until my local grocery store sells them its not happening for me

i also dont go out there and preach against it so i dont feel like a hypocrite

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton refused to fly on the same plane as Michelle Obama to Betty Fords funeral, preferring her own one.

Look that up.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I enjoyed daddy tax bucks Elon tweet furiously as our money slips from his fingers.

Bunch of tax leaches.

They literally and figuratively suck.

Cloning free trees will never be complex enough for middlemen.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Is eating insects considered vegan? Well it doesn't matter because i'm convinced that global warimng is a hoax and used to hide the real truth. I got some ideas but some are pretty horrifying when you think about the consequences. What if global warming is the exact opposite of what we are told and in fighting global warming we upset the natural balance on earth? I read too many articles that turned out to be faked to believe anything about this particular subject anymore. There is no reason to cook the books unless you have something to hide.

edit on 1-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 1-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wanna eat some bugs? Go for it, you do you but I'm gonna stick with a good old steak myself. Not everyone eats steak for the protein, they eat it for the flavor and goodness of it.

Also, global warming doesn't have anything to do with eating meat or bugs so I'm not following your logic. Eating bugs isn't going to stop global warming, it's a false equivalency.
edit on 6/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Everyone who is for the Paris Climate Accord must stop driving a car immediately...or they are a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

We need fusion reactors or LIFT nuclear reactors to stop fossil fuel soot from ruining the quality of our environment. One or two environmentalists not using gasoline don't mean Shiite.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Dude, in 100 years, the climate will be ruined!!!

Now we'll all be long dead by then and will have forgotten all about this, but the 99% in taxes will still be there.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

People have jobs to work and families to take care of. It would be incredibly inconvenient to have to rely on someone else to give you a ride every single day or to have to walk to work on the other side of town.

Cars are a necessity in today's society. Someone can believe in global warming and still go to work and feed their families with the help of their cars.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"It's inconvenient" sounds like an excuse.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

"An Inconvenient Excuse."

Wasn't that an Al Gore joint?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

My logic is sound, it's something that is obvious to any global warmist, because global warmists have taken the time to research the subject.

Edible insects: future prospects for food and feed security

Livestock rearing is responsible for 18 percent of GHG emissions (CO2 equivalent), a higher share than the transport sector (Steinfeld et al. , 2006)

www.fao.org...

Looks like buying a little hybrid sissy-mobile doesn't shave off as much of those GHGs as eating bugs would. Not to mention, the little plug-and-play toy cars use electricity, which is the biggest contributing factor to co2 emissions.

Do global warmists use electricity? That's bad news.
edit on 1-6-2017 by GodEmperor because: gr.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

link   

people are never going to adopt eating bugs on a large scale in the states unless they are on the snowpiercer

steak tastes too good

its not happening

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

"It's inconvenient" sounds like an excuse.

Now that's funny!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"An Inconvenient Excuse."

Wasn't that an Al Gore joint?

Close...I believe 'Inconvenient Excuse 1' is the name of Al Gore's Gulfstream G650.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join