It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Aspartame still on the market?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Anybody remember the Tab commercials,

"Tab, Tab, Tab, for beautiful people..." There is a song and a rhythm to it.

I just remember these old commercials sometimes. Did Tab fold and go out of business?

Troy

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Troy...Tab is still around believe it or not...but I haven't seen it on the shelf in a long time!

What everyone needs to learn is: anything artificial = CRAP!!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually, I think a friend had some Tab in his fridge not that long ago.

It's tough, you try to tell some people about artificial additives and such, and you get looked at like your from Mars or something, and/or these folks are quick to defend such products. Maybe I am from Mars? I just don't see what there is to defend?

Man, it seems to be making a great difference in my life, by supplementing regularly and weeding out some garbage from my diet. My head feels clearer, my hearing seems to be clearer, and I feel more alive and "here".

It would be cool to try an experement with some of the good folks here. Like have some people here just weed out as much junk and preservative/additive ridden foods as possible. Along with that take some good solid supplements aimed and cleansing, nourishing, and repairing the body. I would like to know if some people would experience the same thing I think I am experiencing.

Troy

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Man, it seems to be making a great difference in my life, by supplementing regularly and weeding out some garbage from my diet. My head feels clearer, my hearing seems to be clearer, and I feel more alive and "here".

You know what they say: "Garbage in, Garbage out"

I've been trying to eat a lot of potassium lately. About 90% of us are highly deficient in the amount of potassium in our daily diets and it can cause all sorts of medical problems like heart disease, cancer, etc. I've been eating 2 or 3 bananas a day, pomegranate juice (also for the anti-oxidants)....I've also been doing other things like drinking V8 instead of soft drinks and a lot of Green Tea.....and I definitely feel a lot better. I've never been one to consume artificial sweeteners and if I need butter for something I use real butter (in moderation).....

All this articificial crap on the planet is killing us...some are just in denial of it. Plastic, the material of the future, has caused more hazardous waste than anything else on this planet (the manufacture of it)...but it is considered to be a miracle material and it's even used to make artificial fibers for POLYESTER....crap!!

Aspartame is about the most deadly consumable poison on the planet. But Coke and Pepsi are big business and big money and we all know that they really run this country.....so I'm sure that poison along with a lot of others are hear to stay!!

Maybe some day they can use stem cell research to fill in the holes in people's brains caused by Aspartame. Plus it's highly addictive. My wife tried to quit diet soda for 3 days and was going through serious withdrawal and just had to go back on the damn poison....it was like she was quitting cigarettes or heroin or something!!....SAD!!

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I stopped drinking Coke almost a year ago and replaced it with lots and lots of water. Bottled water, that is. I lost 10 pounds in less than a year and I feel much, much better.
Who knows how else it has helped my body?! My grandfather drank more Coca-Cola than anyone I've ever known. He died of myeloma cancer (of the bone marrow) and it worries me, with all the crap that we consume, that I'll be in his shoes one day.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That's cool guys, it's good to hear other folks are doing well. I've been drinking water as well. My diet and supplementation seems to have helped my emotions as well. I might get upset, sad or whatever, but it doesn't become as big of an issue. I am still able to be effective at work. I feel more in controll over my emotions.

Troy

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Aspartame is produced by G.D. Searle Company, founded in 1888 and located in Skokie, Illinois. Searle is now owned by others. It is about 200 times sweeter than the refined sugar that it is meant to replace, and it is known to erode intelligence and affect short-term memory. It is essentially a chemical weapon designed to impact populations en masse. It is an rDNA derivative made from two amino acids, L-phenylalanine, L-aspartic acid and methanol. Originally discovered during a search for an ulcer drug in 1966, it was "approved" by the FDA in 1974 as a "food additive".

more: www.mercola.com... (not too long an article and definetly gets to the source)

It should be noted that at first the FDA was first opposed to Aspartame, but was replaced with Aspartame lobbiests near the end of Nixon's term as appointed.

There has been a concorted effort to posion the food supply of the general public. There are literally over 100,000 synthetic cancer causing chemicals in use in Canada today, and I imagine there are more in the United States. My findings are based on numerous reports of one Micheal Dufresne, of the university of Windsor & Cancer Care Ontario. There are many out there like him, who aren't getting all the media exposure that is necessary to properly get the word out. There's even been a report of it in a local newspaper of ours, although it didn't make the front page and definetly not the evening news.

I know of a case personally where a girl in a class of mine was suffering from seizures, and I noticed one day that she was popping in an Excel. I confronted her about how often she chewed this Aspartame ridden gum, and she swore by it that it was about a pack a day. I told her about Aspartame and other such chemicals, and she agreed to stop using it to see if there would be any results. She hasn't suffered a seizure since.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wish I could get my mom to stop diet soda. The odd thing is she eats candy and sweets as well, I'm not sure what the point of diet soda is then. And her diet is lacking and filled with processed junk. It's like she thinks diet soda sustains her life or something. If she's out she comes in with a diet soda bottle. It's like how an alcoholic drinks alcohol.

Troy

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
Troy...Tab is still around believe it or not...but I haven't seen it on the shelf in a long time!

What everyone needs to learn is: anything artificial = CRAP!!

artificial = CRAP!! , but that's what the beautiful people are nowadays. The best plastic surgery money can buy. Hurray for Hollywood!

Some interesting pionts have been made though. Food and soft drinks a re loaded with this stuff. Nobody seems too concerned by it, but kids are manifesting more behaviour problems by the day" ADD, ADHD, etc. If there's a problem, put them on pills. Turns out the pills are even worse. Anti depressents have been linked to suicide, and agression. (There's a thread on it's own!) Now what could be the problem???

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yeah I guess it's the outside that's more important these days. Lets just paint on the appearance of health and beauty, while the inside rots.

Troy

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory but the notion that one substance causes every disease and symptom in the book is highly unlikely to me. I have not found these claims to be supported by science studies. Rather than harming my body, aspartame has helped me reduce the calories in my diet and maintain my girlish figure. I know it sounds cheesy, but it’s nice to have a sweet treat without the guilt! Try this link
www.aspartame.org

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I just think it's by far simpler and safer to just to eat natural things.

Troy

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Why is it still on the Market? I think CROWD CONTROL. Let's face it overpopulation is expanding to a bigger and bigger major problem here on Earth.
And so things like cancer and terminal diseases and agents designed expidite Human malfunction and the death is something that happens.

In addition it all cuts down on Retirement Benefits compensation thus allowing the likes of Bush Jn to spend it on allowing Military Americans to be in harms way (death or mutilation) in places like Iraq?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by meaganUGA
Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory but the notion that one substance causes every disease and symptom in the book is highly unlikely to me. I have not found these claims to be supported by science studies. Rather than harming my body, aspartame has helped me reduce the calories in my diet and maintain my girlish figure. I know it sounds cheesy, but it’s nice to have a sweet treat without the guilt! Try this link
www.aspartame.org

troll

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by meaganUGA
Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory... I know it sounds cheesy, but it’s nice to have a sweet treat without the guilt!

It's also nice to have microscopic holes in your brain tissue and renal failure, won't do much for your girlish figure but it sure cuts down on your eating when you're racking with migraines and getting that Chemotherapy. Ah don't mind us, you've been to Aspartame.org where you learned how wonderful it is.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone mentioned it, i heard it on Alex Jones show, aspartame is cheaper than sugar and 1000 times sweeter, thats why its still on the market

personally i hate the taste of this artificial sweeteners

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I've recently become quite concerned about this aspartame addative

Not because i'm taking "equal"the sugar substitute, or drinking diet coke(what a joke)

But because I chew, ferociously! I chew as a fish swims...and so forth!

and Whilst i'm fit and healthy, with no history of anything. I absoloutely fear having my head sliced open

So have stopped chewing gum + mints etc. does anyone have any suggestions for breath freshners without asparteme?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's one thing to approve a poison as food, but its another to hide that poison in the food so that you don't know that you are eating it. In New Zealand, Aspartame is added to food and then labelled as 'sweetener' or 'flavour'.. . . . and MSG is often labelled as 'hydrolysed vegetable protein' or 'flavour enhancer 621'

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
When I was thinking about this the other day...

Aspartame laced products are marketed as great things. "See the beautiful lady walking by the pool with the Diet Coke can." Not a mention of potential side effects. They just tell you it's a great product. It's marketed as this wonderful diet product. "Eat or drink this and you will look great." To me that's just terrible.

Troy

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart
. . . . and MSG is often labelled as 'hydrolysed vegetable protein' or 'flavour enhancer 621'

No....

HVP is actually not the same as MSG; it's just a protein made from vegetables.

MSG is sometimes added to HVP - that might be the confusion.

If you are sensitive to monosodiumglutamate (MSG), it is important to note that some companies add MSG to Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein products.

(emphasis mine)

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join