It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Aspartame still on the market?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's the straight-forward answer to the thread's question:

A must read 1983 National Soft Drink Assn. protest letter put in Congressional Record in 1985. Note that this was written AFTER the FDA approved aspartame for use in dry foods. The NSDA later changed their mind and started making billions in diet drink sales. "G. D. Searle and Company has not demonstrated to a reasonable certainty that the use of aspartame in soft drinks, without quantitative limitations, will not adversely affect human health as a result of the changes such use is likely to cause in brain chemistry and under certain reasonably anticipated conditions of use....Aspartame is inherently, markedly and uniquely unstable in aqueous media.

www.321recipes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why did you just bump a thread that’s been dead for two years when there’s one on the same topic on the front page?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRen2k5
Why did you just bump a thread that’s been dead for two years when there’s one on the same topic on the front page?

Why are you trolling this member? It stops NOW!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by NRen2k5

Why are you trolling this member? It stops NOW!!!

Why are you kidding me? I’m dead serious.

[edit on 11/4/2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ah....Aspartame. Good stuff but very nasty as well. Unlike almost every other poster on here, I can speak with some authority. You see, I developed Multiple Sclerosis back in March of 2007. I am 40 years old, have an MBA and I’m a generally active person. I bought a house 3 years ago and looking back, I started drinking a lot more Diet Dr. Pepper. I am thoroughly convinced that the my increased intake of Aspartame led to my developing MS. You see, I don’t have a family history of MS and at 40 years old, I’m getting old to get the disease. So I started looking at environmental factors and that is what led me to the Aspartame. I have read hundreds of web pages, studies, and several reports from respected neurologists. Based on the doctors reports, I am now convinced that Aspartame put me in the condition I am in today and no one can convince me otherwise. Another poster mentioned that he worked for a law firm that was dealing with Aspartame issues, I would be curious to know what firm. I’m looking to hire a lawyer, probably from NY or Washington, to sue the Aspartame industry. It will most likely be a class action and it could be filed under the RICO act.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hi all. I have an idea to proffer. As anyone paid any attention to the increase in diseases in the past 20 years? I'm taking about MS, Lupus, fibromyalgia, parkinsons and the like. Don't take my word for it. Google Aspartame, you will get over 3,000,000 pages and they are all against it. A number of good doctors have done studies, written books and articles and they are all against it. How do I know it is bad? I was diagnosed with progressive MS in March of 2007. I gave up the aspartame in early December and have been symptom free ever since. I did go back and drink diet sodas for 4 days and my symptoms came back. So I am quite positive of the cause of my MS. The incidence of these diseases almost doubles every year. Guess what, there are NO lawsuits against the manufacturers and a the industry spreads a lot of money to insure that they don't get any bad press. Well there have been over 10,000 complaints to the FDA, 92 separate symptoms and the air force won't let their pilots ingest this stuff if they are flying. All I am saying is if you or anyone you know uses this stuff, do some research on your own and draw your own conclusions. What does this have to do with the NWO? Well they want the population down and they want to be in control right. What is the best way, get your population sick with something the government says is safe. It is just another small means of wielding control over you and you don't even know it is happening. Google this fellow, Dr. Russell Blaylock. He has written some books on the effects of everyday things such as fluoride and the effect they have on your body on the molecular level. I just wanted to throw this out there and try and draw some attention to the problem. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greywolf94
the air force won't let their pilots ingest this stuff if they are flying.

Wow, where did you get that information from? Do you have a link or a book or something, I'd be interested in reading more on that.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi Folks,
I'm from Scotland, I'm married and I have a young son.
I don't let my son have any carbonated drinks, as the non-diet ones have too much sugar, and the diet ones tend to have Aspartame/Phenylalanine etc

I do let him have fruit juice, and the occasional fruit squash or diluting type juice concentrates. BUT it's getting harder and harder to find any that are not sweetened with Aspartame/phenylalanine.

Our local supermarket has dozens and dozens of fruit squashes and diluting fruit drinks. But I found only ONE product (Called High Juice) which did not have the above named sweeteners in them.

I cannot begin to tell you how angry and frustrated I am, trying to give my son a good, balanced, healthy diet, when it's becoming almost impossible to find juice drinks that are not contaminated with this stuff.

The products do carry a label saying "contains a source of phenylalanine" but it is usually in tiny writing, hidden deep within the product labelling, and the vast majority of people in this country (UK) are NOT aware of the problems which have been associated with these "sweeteners".

My own answer has been to make smoothies and juices from fresh fruit, and I've even started to grow some of my own fruits and veg. But how do we get the supermarkets to stop selling this poison?
G

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
PHenylalinine may promote cancer cell division.
cancer

1976 GROLIERS ENCYCLOPEDIA STATES CANCER CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT PHENYLALANINE. ASPARTAME IS 50% PHENYLALANINE

cancer

Something to really be worried about.
Now, just add a cell phone.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
This has been done unto death many times.

Try a little experiment. Take a look around you at all the people who are 40 or over. Most of them have been drinking diet sodas for at least 10 years and probably longer. Ask how many of them have the so-called symptoms that aspartane is supposed to bring on.

The answer will be "none" (or they wouldn't still be drinking the stuff.)

If that report was right, we'd have a health crisis beyond imagining right now; something that couldn't be explained by overeating and lack of exercise.

Will some people have some of those problems? Yes. But they're very few and far between. Your chances of getting hurt in a car accident are much higher than your chances are of getting hurt by drinking diet sodas.

i was just gonna lurk but you made me create an account. My mom is almost 50 and she has had dieabetes since she was a teenager. she has been forced to consume diet foods with fake sugar ever since they came out. she has had more health issues than anyone else in our extended family. she has developed fibromyalsia and other symptoms of aspartame. she buys into all the diet and fat-free bull# marketing and only buys that type of stuff for my younger sister because she has a weight problem. her weight hasnt changed at all from her "diet". now her liver is slowly giving out and shes only 10 years old. my father and i dont eat "diet" bull# mainly cause it tastes like crap. neither of us have health issues like my mother and sister. mabey aspartame had nothing to do with their health, but there are too many things that add up for me to just belive it is a coincidence. and for the record none of us have been in a serious life threating car accident. aspartame is safe my #ing ass.
edit on 16-2-2012 by TheGovernmentlovesyou because: yeah weve never been in a car accident

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
All the comments I've seen on this threat that talk about people being sick seem to boil down to a single thread: "Well, I (or someone else I know) has health problems, and they've been taking aspartame and now I think that the aspartame caused it, therefore aspartame is Bad Juju."

Well, that may be true, but I'd be willing to bet that a lof of those folks have ingested a lot of ketchup over the same time period, and likely a few beers as well, and maybe they inhaled some car exhaust. No one's saying that aspartame is safe, any more than alcohol or Big Macs are safe, but blaming an illness on a substance simply because you see a single cse of illness happening is what is called anecdotal evidence.

My wife and I have been drinking coffee laced with aspartame for 20 years now and we don't have any problems which are supposed to be related to aspartame intake. Therefore, aspartame is perfectly safe, right?

Of course not! My reports, even though they are different than yours, are still just anecdotal evidence.

If you can find a couple of thousand people who all have pretty much the same demographic and life-style except that half of them use aspartame and half don't, then you can separate the two groups, track their health over a long period of time (say, a couple of years at a minimum), and do a statistical analysis on them. That would probably give you a better handle on aspartame's purported hazards.

I think Byrd makes a good point, though, when she says that, if there were a strong positive correlation between aspartame use and various ailments, we would see a lot more of such illnesses in people who have been using it for a decade or two.

The bottom line is this: I believe that -- if you think aspartame is dangerous -- you should not take it for any reason, regardless of why you think it's dangerous. We should not let the government tell us it's safe if we don't want to believe them, but we shouldn't let the government take away the right to choose whether to take it or not, either.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
no offense, but it looks like food #ed you up ^

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGovernmentlovesyou
no offense, but it looks like food #ed you up ^

What does that have to do with the discussion of aspartame?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Cause MONSANTO invented it

and..

Because it causes BRAIN TUMORS and BLINDNESS

yippy!

More Americans facing blindness "than ever before".

great just great..

6mos after Aspartame breaks down into 10% METHANOL (methyl alcohol) 25% DKP & Farmaldehyde

Approx 800 MILLION people are presently blind.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
You want your "scientific evidence" then you go get it.

Where from? none appears to exist....

Does this mean I am incapable of getting it?

Well, as it does not appear to exist, then yes, you are incapable of getting it!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Most people get hung up on the physical aspect of "health", but I'm of the opinion that it affects the mind first. Someone mentioned "cloudy mind" when they were drinking diet soda... This is the most common symptom of junk consumers. Really serious junk-consumers are known for being rather ignorant and "not there".

The consequences of consuming Aspartame:

Possible risk to health; Mental impairment. Poor diet. Getting diabetes and other problems because you're still eating/drinking junk.

The consequences of NOT consuming Aspartame:

You probably stop drinking soda. Have to put up with authoritarian trolls trying to 'scold' you.

... Weighing my options now....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zabilgy

Thank you for this thread. I often wonder why is Mercury put inside light bulbs and called 'energy saving' when you look on the Directions for disposal it states it is highly toxic and must be dealt with extremely carefully. Also why is Aluminium put in our shampoo and underarm deodorants, and why is Floride still put in our water supply when it is also highly toxic to the human body? it does not protect teeth and gums, it poisons the human system and can be mis-diagnosed as being Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia. Floride poisoning is very common but doctors don't come out and tell the truth about its effects on our systems, instead they diagnose it as something else and then fill the patient full of pills in an effort to reduce the symptoms (all the while earning big commissions from the big Pharma companies Glaxo etc.

Why was the highly toxic Corexit 9500 dispersed and saturated into the waters of the Gulf where the global waters all meet up and then continue on their journey spreading this poisonous killer around the world killing as much sea-life as possible (and not doing humans any favours either) and also blocking the sun's rays from heating the global waters up to keep the seasons in sequence. Not like they are now where you can have winter, summer and autumn all in one day. I well remember the day when summer used to happen and you knew it was summer, autumn used to happen, winter used to happen, and so did spring. Nowadays thanks to the powers that be (HAARP etc) the seasons are all jumbled up and not in any particular order.

In New Zealand here, we used to have summer weather approximately 6 months of the year starting around November/ December. It is now April and we're still waiting for 2011 (last year's) summer to happen, what's up with that? At least when there was El Nino or La Nina weather patterns you kind of knew where you were. Also I don't get why the temperature is increasing at nights after the sun has gone down. I'm no expert on these matters but I can see changes and have for a few years now in the whole global system. Sorry I may have gone a bit off topic here. My .02 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 5/21/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

(post by aliah12345 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join